Cards on the table

A couple of points that I wanted to set out. The first is that this season has been one of the most perfect that I can remember. The team has been outstanding and for the whole season we have not only had bragging rights due to on field dominance, but have also had the moral high ground as the full timplosion got under way. It has been pure class. 55 complete, everything was rosy. Massive crowds outside Ibrox for Stevie G arrival/ St Mirren game and trophy day - Great. Even though it was frowned upon by many.... tough, it was always going to happen and all the bears did the club proud. No complaints.... but WHO thought that marching to George square was a good idea. We ALL know how it was going to pan out/ how it would be reported, so...... WHY did so many do it? For the noise up? 10 thousand or so marching like lambs to the media slaughter. ANYONE hanging about George square for 4/5 hours drinking is going to see fights/ pishing in the streets etc. The hangers on in blue that are lucky if they have ever seen the inside of Ibrox stadium, who will gladly join in with actions that do not befit the standards of this club, have let our perfect clean season end with a stain on it and given all of the shark throwing bhampots a reason to be cheerful. I see a lot of posts saying that it wasnt that bad, and that we are being picked on by the police, the media, the SNP..... everyone else to blame? NO. Who ever that made the call to take the celebration to the city centre. THAT is who is to blame. Flares on the Clydeside, The death of Terry Munro, weekly updates from CJNovo all of the other videos that we have all lapped up..... jaded by the actions of a handful of morons. This close season should have been one of smug pride, instead we have provided every enemy of our wonderful club with the ammunition to highlight any negativity and bring us down a peg or two. I would think that we should NOT march to George square on flag day, when we lift 56 or any other day.... it's a recipe for disaster and is playing in to the hands of those who wish to destroy us. That sweet caroline doo doo doo video would have been ignored, not lambasted by agenda driven politicians if it wasnt for the George square loonball show. Time to wisen up and stop getting suckered into the wrong side of public perception.
Stevie G has shown pure class mixed with passion. Our supporters have shown so much passion this season and it's up to those that care, to keep a lid on the bampottery that hangs around us. Yes I know, no one likes us and we dont care but let's not hand it on a plate to them.
I'm looking forward to next season, and as Stevie G says "Let's go".....just not to George square please.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a season ticket holder and I marched to George Square. I behaved myself and I am unrepentant - and I will not be moralised to by a media and political establishment who are utterly consumed with nationalist prejudice and who always decide Rangers are guilty before establishing facts because some stuff happened that's symptomatic of Scotland's societal problem with alcohol. What the cunts think doesn't trouble me in the slightest.

I agree.  
In this social media world we need to be more savvy. It’s the optics. How it will look. 
the Clydeside flares were simply spectacular. 
we just shoot ourselves in foot. 
We need to be less naive.  Gerrard is presenting us as a multicultural modern club.

The George square drunken fights with supporters of own club, were shameful.  
The only defence we have is what about .....

I think we need to be smarter. 

The only people responsible for the actions of those who caused bother are the ones who caused it. They don't represent Rangers FC or the fanbase.

You'd think it was the first time in history neds got drunk on a saturday in Glasgow and fought with each other

Mind William and Kates wedding and David Cameron encouraged street parties so loads of neds decided to have a piss up in Kelvingrove and it turned into a borderline riot? I don't remember David Cameron or the Royal family being blamed for the disorder.  This attitude only applies to Rangers, the symbol of Unionism in Scotand

The club and the fanbase aren't responsible. The people in charge of maintaining peace and order are the police and the government who completely failed in their duties.

The club requested fans to be allowed on the stadium, if the government and police had any brains and allowed 10k fans into the stadium that would have greatly reduced the numbers in the city centre.

But they chose to reject it and then got all their eggs in one basket and had their statements prepared because they KNEW this was going to happen. The government and cops wanted their scapegoat to blame their own failings and they've found the perfect group to demonize.

The worst part is some of our support just take it hook line and sinker and then do the governments job of demonizing us for them

2 hours ago, Blue Badger said:

Stevie G has shown pure class mixed with passion. Our supporters have shown so much passion this season and it's up to those that care, to keep a lid on the bampottery that hangs around us. Yes I know, no one likes us and we dont care but let's not hand it on a plate to them.
I'm looking forward to next season, and as Stevie G says "Let's go".....just not to George square please.

That's a bit contradictory going by the rest of the post.

People getting stabbed all the time at festivals and there’s the sexual assaults at TRNSMT and T in the Park but we never here about the organisers getting the blame.

The OPs part of the problem or is Terry Monroe reincarnated as the excessive alcohol consumption and resulting violence is a societal issue and not a football issue or a ‘single’ club’s issue but that’s what the haters and bigots want you to believe.

The ops post should be cut and pasted into the other thread then this thread should be deleted 

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

People getting stabbed all the time at festivals and there’s the sexual assaults at TRNSMT and T in the Park but we never here about the organisers getting the blame.

The OPs part of the problem or is Terry Monroe reincarnated as the excessive alcohol consumption and resulting violence is a societal issue and not a football issue or a ‘single’ club’s issue but that’s what the haters and bigots want you to believe.

The ops post should be cut and pasted into the other thread then this thread should be deleted 

Op should be deleted 

Archived