James Bisgrove outlines plans for Rangers - FC Business

feda16

3 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Absolute rubbish and obviously Maths wasn’t your best subject.   I have a season ticket as does my son  we don’t buy the other stuff but are members of my Gers  that’s it and that is all you require it isn’t a fortune it’s 40 quid. Kids are cheaper btw as is their season tickets  and it is highly unlikely that any dad of two would take his two kids to Easter road or any away game. Please stop scaremongering 

Why is it unlikely that a dad would take their two kids to Easter road, or any away game?

23 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Bottom line, as I see it, is that the club have to look down every avenue to see if revenue can be increased. We moaned when they did not.

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/Article/sporting-director-announces-football-staff-update   Ross Wilson. These are wages that have to be paid.

Board deserves credit for doing their hardest to bring the club into the current era both off and on the pitch. We all have different income levels, which limits what we can put in, but if you can't afford something don't buy it.

I think, for me this is the biggest problem for many and it will go down the route of only those with the deepest pockets will be able to attend games and to hell with the common working man who has limited income.  Very very unfair on guys who maybe work 50 or 60 plus hours a week on minimum wage and are now possibly being priced out of watching the team.

Wont be long till the prawn sandwiches are served at the kiosks and the crowd are politely clapping a goal Vs they cunts 

36 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Absolute rubbish and obviously Maths wasn’t your best subject.   I have a season ticket as does my son  we don’t buy the other stuff but are members of my Gers  that’s it and that is all you require it isn’t a fortune it’s 40 quid. Kids are cheaper btw as is their season tickets  and it is highly unlikely that any dad of two would take his two kids to Easter road or any away game. Please stop scaremongering 

MYGers is a great idea to people who don’t go to away games , all you need to pay is £40, your talking about something you know absolutely nothing about 😂

13 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I think, for me this is the biggest problem for many and it will go down the route of only those with the deepest pockets will be able to attend games and to hell with the common working man who has limited income.  Very very unfair on guys who maybe work 50 or 60 plus hours a week on minimum wage and are now possibly being priced out of watching the team.

Wont be long till the prawn sandwiches are served at the kiosks and the crowd are politely clapping a goal Vs they cunts 

You paint a gloomy picture but all with ST's can look to be getting in from mid August. Doubt if they would sell many prawn sandwiches. Politely clapping a goal against scum will never happen.

27 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

MYGers is a great idea to people who don’t go to away games , all you need to pay is £40, your talking about something you know absolutely nothing about 😂

I have followed the club all over home and away for over 40yrs I know what I am talking about 

3 hours ago, j1mgg said:

Season tickets holders have already shown their loyalty by buying another season ticket without knowing when they will get back to games.

MyGers is now just getting to the stage of rewarding people with deeper pockets.

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Is it fuck, it's a way of fleecing fans many of whom can't afford that wee bit extra.

Unfortunately every club does it these days. The club needs to move forward and with the times, especially under the current climate. It's pish that there's no loyalty given back but the reward is on the pitch unfortunately and those who spend more will reap the rewards the most. 

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Unfortunately every club does it these days. The club needs to move forward and with the times, especially under the current climate. It's pish that there's no loyalty given back but the reward is on the pitch unfortunately and those who spend more will reap the rewards the most. 

There should be no preferential treatment, end of.

As unpalatable as it may be the club needs to increase revenue.

Not all ST holder want to go to away games.
The concern is that it does clearly penalise those who spend the most following the club already.

Is that any different to purchasing a more expensive ST in a preferred area of the stadium? That also provides a benefit to hose who can pay a little more!

7 hours ago, GeeSS said:

There is a fair bit of nonsense in there.

Nobody is scaremongering. This forum is full of bears from different backgrounds, jobs, lifestyles etc. Bit shite saying £40 isn't that much. Loads of dads on here canny afford to buy their kids a season ticket and/mygers. Doesn't mean they bleed less blue.

I understand the club need to capitalise on our loyalty and I'm happy they do as the more sustainable they are, the easier us fans sleep at night. I'm no sure I agree with prioritising tickets though against fans who already pay through the teeth for tickets.

I pay £700 a year for my ST. The wee boys is £200. I buy him two strips each season and in general I spend a fair bit of my playtime piece money on Rangers. I have another bairn on the way (my third 😭) and just booked bastard Disney land so the extra 100 bucks for my gers isn't really top of my list the now. Now a less giving fuck person might feel a wee bit shat on that they were spending that much to be at the back of the queue for something you already pay a lot of money for.

On 02/07/2021 at 14:25, Hadron Collider said:

We can’t stand still mate. Any opportunity to raise revenue should be explored and utilized. I have no issue with that. It’s the fans choice of how much they are willing to put in. 

Well said. For long enough there was no faith or it wasn’t acceptable to put any money in to the club because you knew the charlatans at the helm were all for themselves at the expense of the club and ourselves.
We now have the polar opposite and we all have our free will to limit how much we are prepared (or able) to invest in merchandise etc. I personally whilst seeing both sides of the argument, am very proud of the way the clubs business model has transformed in to the most pro-active and successful in the country. There is no doubt that the team will benefit from the increasing revenue…

3 hours ago, ZZed said:

After reading that, James Bisgrove comes across as a soulless cunt.

He’s there to do the job of getting more money into the club mate and make it successful. This helps buying players and putting a decent team out to properly compete. The SLO is the guy you should be pissed off with if he’s not relaying fan issues. The last thing I want is the club going backwards. We’ve had enough of that shite.