The players will kneel before every game

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Mate, don’t be an arsehole. This is why it’s not going away. Open your eyes man to reality. I don’t like it the same as you and all the lads on here, but I’m not so dumb that I can’t see what’s going on. I will support the team in whatever they do to combat this shite in any way that’s possible. If there were sports organizations that had the fucking cojones to do something about it we would already be in a better place. 

I still don't get your point.

If you as an individual think something doesn't make a difference,  our players and support should  should all give up?

Imagine how that would have worked in Northern Ireland. The taigs keep letting bombs off. Being British isn't working. Let's surrender. 

Should I stop voting for pro Unionist parties and let the snp force independence through? My vote has not worked in 15 years. Won' t give up for my cause though.

Every single voice matters. Surrendering is the way of the coward imo.

But I am an asshole.:lol:

1 minute ago, EMRFC said:

Why would you boo the knee? Tell me.

I said I wouldnt boo. Taking the knee doesnt really bother me to be honest, its that people on here think they should be able to dictact to others what they can and cant do it my issue. Wait till this is used to stop people booing celtic etc, its a massively slippery slope... 

Just now, berkshirebear said:

I said I wouldnt boo. Taking the knee doesnt really bother me to be honest, its that people on here think they should be able to dictact to others what they can and cant do it my issue. Wait till this is used to stop people booing celtic etc, its a massively slippery slope... 

Why on earth would it lead to people not being allowed to boo celtic? What utterly hysterical bullshit

2 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Regardless of whether you support it or whether you oppose it, it's quite clearly a gesture which divides people, this thread is evidence of that.

I don't think the players should be embracing a gesture which promotes division, when instead We should be united.

If Tav says its not aligned to any support for an organisation that wrecked our cities last summer then fair enough, but its hard for people to disassociate from that, as that's the context it was imported into our country.

It seems strange that the less racist this country gets, the more we are pressured to accept that things have never been so bad. It feels as if we are continually force fed a narrative that we are a nation full of the most racist people about, when in reality we are probably in the top 5 most tolerant countries in the planet.

If players taking a knee makes racists feel excluded, then that's only a good thing. 

1 minute ago, berkshirebear said:

Wait till this is used to stop people booing celtic etc, its a massively slippery slope... 

Stop being a bloody drama king. It’s not even remotely the same and never will lead to a slippery slope that leads to calls for the same thing :lol:

Someone on here earlier arguing against booing, used the phrase coloured. This can be seen as a a racist phrase (i know he didnt meant that) but some people would take that the wrong way, which shows you shouldnt assume other peoples intentions. 

Just now, berkshirebear said:

Someone on here earlier arguing against booing, used the phrase coloured. This can be seen as a a racist phrase (i know he didnt meant that) but some people would take that the wrong way, which shows you shouldnt assume other peoples intentions. 

What other intentions could someone have if they booed the players taking an explicit stance against racism? 

Just now, DiamondDan said:

A racist is someone who discriminates against someone or holds antipathy towards them based on their ethnicity.

A racist is not someone who objects to the display of a political gesture.

Which policitical gesture? Is James Taverner a liar? 

Just now, southcoastbear said:

So Malcolm Little and Dr King disagreed about the methodology of protest, given the logic being exhibited in here tonight by some, that must make one of them a racist

Explain to me why someone would boo the knee?