The players will kneel before every game

Booing the players for taking the knee is no benefit to us. It will accomplish nothing more than severely pissing off our players who are vitally important to our club and making our support look bad when the BBC run the highlights of it repeatedly all over the UK.

I don't support taking the knee or BLM at all and I wish the kneeling would stop but our players on the pitch won't see your boo's as an anti-political/anti-BLM protest, they'll only see us as racists. It doesn't matter what your intent is.

If you can't keep your mouth shut for 3 seconds then make sure you enter the stadium after kick off, then you won't have to deal with it.

I hate the political threads because there is never a resolve. Only people living inside an echo chamber where their own opinion matters the most and then it is rinse, repeat for days on end.

The people who feel threatened or angry at players taking the knee are never coming on board to think like the vast majority of us.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The players have continually been clear in why they kneel. Does anyone who boos the 'perceived' support of BLM think young footballers earning thousands of pounds a week are closet Marxists? 

If what you say is true then I withdraw my long winded comment, it's just that I haven't seen any statement from club or otherwise that the players would resume taking the knee for the upcoming season, as for you're marxist  comment then, no I don't believe our players are closet marxists, Tav just explained why the players are taking the knee but unfortunately they are being drawn in [most likely against their will due to frustration] with a perceived support by many for BLM by adopting their gesture.

Just now, slimjim1690 said:

If what you say is true then I withdraw my long winded comment, it's just that I haven't seen any statement from club or otherwise that the players would resume taking the knee for the upcoming season, as for you're marxist  comment then, no I don't believe our players are closet marxists, Tav just explained why the players are taking the knee but unfortunately they are being drawn in [most likely against their will due to frustration] with a perceived support by many for BLM by adopting their gesture.

Several players have spoken publicly about the reason for taking a knee.

Here's Jermain Defoe as far back as last September -

“The positive is probably the awareness and all the high-profile people - not just in football, but in sport in general - that have used their platforms to keep the movement going.

“Everyone seems to be talking about it, which is something that we wanted. That change.

“You watch the stuff that is happening in America with the basketball and the levels that they are going to.

“Taking a knee continuing before the game is not just for the black players. I think it is for everyone, to be honest.”

“You look at the marches and all these people together show this generation, if you like, is not going to tolerate racism and stuff like that, which is nice.

“I would like to think that it will continue and there will be some big changes, because it is definitely needed.”

Here's Connor Goldson last July:

Let’s try again. The hate and ignorance in the comments of the last picture were disgusting but not surprising. This isn’t about politics it’s about equality!!! We all need educating, myself included!

54 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Difficult as I would it, I would have to accept it as I could not accept the removal of a cornerstone of democracy, namely the right to peaceful protest.

Protesting against an anti racism stance is not a peaceful protest FFS

7 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Yeh, BLM is all about racial equality 😂.  

Did you miss the bit when James Tavernier said "this is a very simple, but we hope, effective gesture. It is a symbolic stance against racism, nothing more and nothing less."? Is he lying?

Several players have spoken publicly about the reason for taking a knee.

Here's Jermain Defoe as far back as last September -

“The positive is probably the awareness and all the high-profile people - not just in football, but in sport in general - that have used their platforms to keep the movement going.

“Everyone seems to be talking about it, which is something that we wanted. That change.

“You watch the stuff that is happening in America with the basketball and the levels that they are going to.

“Taking a knee continuing before the game is not just for the black players. I think it is for everyone, to be honest.”

“You look at the marches and all these people together show this generation, if you like, is not going to tolerate racism and stuff like that, which is nice.

“I would like to think that it will continue and there will be some big changes, because it is definitely needed.”

Here's Connor Goldson last July:

Let’s try again. The hate and ignorance in the comments of the last picture were disgusting but not surprising. This isn’t about politics it’s about equality!!! We all need educating, myself included!

Not trying to be an arse here mate but those statements appear to be before they decided not to continue with taking the knee or am I wrong? 

Just now, slimjim1690 said:

Not trying to be an arse here mate but those statements appear to be before they decided not to continue with taking the knee or am I wrong? 

Both are from before then, yes. Both make clear the players' reasons for kneeling, standing, doing somersaults or any other gesture in opposition to racism. It has nothing to do with any perceived marxist agenda

Both are from before then, yes. Both make clear the players' reasons for kneeling, standing, doing somersaults or any other gesture in opposition to racism. It has nothing to do with any perceived marxist agenda

My mistake, I took those statements as reasons for taking the knee and not the part in bold, if you go back to my OP you'll remember that I specifically suggested that the confusion among fans was that all the players took the knee after saying last year that they wouldn't any more as it was an empty gesture, so what has happened in the meantime to change their opinion, I think it's a reasonable question to ask. 

37 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I'd be amazed if there were any booing tomorrow after the arguments through the week about it. If there is trouble in the stands over it its because of the ones booing. 

That sounds like thinly veiled threat.

FYI. 

As assault is where a person intentionally or recklessly uses unlawful force against someone else. ... If someone threatens to assault you, but there is no physical violence, then the threats alone could be enough for this to be considered an assault. If someone intentionally spits at you then this may also be an assault

1 minute ago, southcoastbear said:

FYI. 

As assault is where a person intentionally or recklessly uses unlawful force against someone else. ... If someone threatens to assault you, but there is no physical violence, then the threats alone could be enough for this to be considered an assault. If someone intentionally spits at you then this may also be an assault

Wit

3 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

FYI. 

You've lost the plot.