Simpson

jjbscotty12

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The footballing love child of Karl Svensson and Russell Martin.

No positioning, can’t head a ball, can’t track a ball in the air, rabbit in the headlights with the ball at his feet.

Simply amazing he’s got this far as a professional. Wouldn’t even get a game for Leyton Orient.

To be fair to Martin he was finished before he came to us. This is a guy meant to be approaching his prime.

Goldson’s getting a free pass here.

His tackle turned into the scoring pass.

2nd goal he’s caused against us in 4 days.

(Not to take away from how easily Simpson was bypassed enroute, by the way, but as a covering player he didn’t exactly, errr, cover…)

35 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Goldson’s getting a free pass here.

His tackle turned into the scoring pass.

2nd goal he’s caused against us in 4 days.

(Not to take away from how easily Simpson was bypassed enroute, by the way, but as a covering player he didn’t exactly, errr, cover…)

I’m sorry mate, but which goal did Goldson cause on Thursday? 

5 hours ago, Zappa6995 said:

The manager unsurprisingly said he played well today 😩

That’s what concerns me 

Continually not seeing the glaring absolute garbage from his favourites. Was the exact same with Worrall when he was here but Katic got hounded for every misplaced pass me made 

For the record, I think Simpson isn't very good but we can't wait to blame on here. To blame him for the goal is a tad harsh.

Gerrard was truly my hero when he was  a player and I never thought I would say this, but i have questioned some of his decisions this year and Simpson is one of them. Gerrard is becoming too stubborn in his way of thinking lately.

9 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

It can work both ways tbh. If it finishes 0-0 for instance and we haven't taken our chances then the defence have done their job, and maybe the strikers haven't. 

The finishing and intensity in 2nd half should have been better today and if we'd went 2 nil up it would have pretty much been game over. Mistakes/complacency by two of our defenders contributed to us not getting 3 points on this occasion though. 

We had 1 nil leads last season where we didn't take our chances up front to get more goals, but the defence was more solid so it wasn't as much of a problem.