***** The Official Brondby Vs Rangers Match thread*****

KaiserJon

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Sure it's a playoff for both @Rangers_no1 will know 

Aye you're right, just read on the BBC site -

2nd you go on a knockout with a CL team, 3rd you go to a Conference knockout round, seemingly. 

The second-placed team will go to the preliminary knockout run with eight teams dropping down from the Champions League, while third seals a Europa Conference League knockout place.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Don't think that's correct at all.

Goal difference would be equal with Sparta in H2H as would goals scored. Thus it would come down to overall goal difference.

Those rules state after goal difference it comes down to goals scored?

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Based on that, he should have started the last two games then. Why didn't he? Because his all-round game right now is quiet.

I think it depends on who our opponents are too, his style of play won't suit every game. I'm not saying he's on fire but I think it's a bit ridiculous to say what's happened to him when he's our top scorer.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

IF we win 2-1 then we both have two goals scored. 3-2 we both have 3 goals. Points 2 and 3 are the same.

Oh aye I'm a dumb cunt nevermind :lol:

Why is that even in the rules then because any equal goal difference in the H2H will be equal goals scored too so it's a redundant rule

I'm just assuming what was written in the other post was a copy and paste of the official rules

Disappointed with that tonight we never really got into our stride too easily hassled .

Poor goal to concede from what was always an inswinger given the cluster at the near post had Balogun been more aware of the knock on he would have dealt with it better.

Cracking finish from Hagi but we were too easily hassled off and on  the ball  by a team we should have buried had we been more composed.

I've yet to see why Alfredo's goal was chalked off  for what appeared to be a legit finish .

Just now, Cracked Actor said:

Final game when we are aeway to Lyon (potential 0 points), Sparta are at home to Brondby (probably 3 points). We are finishing 3rd at best now. 

Why? We'll be 3 points ahead of Sparta if we beat them.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

I'll remember this post next time you moan about Gerrard's team selection.

I never moan about the selections because we have arguably 18 strong contenders.

Roofe makes my starting 11 in match threads about 80% of the time. But he can play better than he is right now.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I never moan about the selections because we have arguably 18 strong contenders.

Roofe makes my starting 11 in match threads about 80% of the time. But he can play better than he is right now.

Next time you question the team selection I'll remind you that the 11 correct players started, that's what you're saying here.

Also why did you ignore my point about Kris Boyd

2 minutes ago, Cracked Actor said:

Final game when we are aeway to Lyon (potential 0 points), Sparta are at home to Brondby (probably 3 points). We are finishing 3rd at best now. 

Not sure how you can make that conclusion so convincingly. Sparta drew with Brondby and Lyon will be through and likely bench most their players as it’ll be a nothing game for them. 

If we beat Sparta, we’re favourites to go through. They need a 3 point swing on final game day and to better our goal difference 

5 minutes ago, Cracked Actor said:

What if we beat Prague at Ibrox ?

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

IF we win 2-1 then we both have two goals scored. 3-2 we both have 3 goals. Points 2 and 3 are the same.

I thought that as well and thought what's the point but it comes in to play if more than two teams are tied on points. That's proabably stating the obvious but might explain for someone if they're wondering 😂