Helander

Essandoh

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He has missed almost as many games as he has played - missed 56 v played 60

It's even more than that. I make it 71 missed out on the squad for non-suspension reasons, 60 he's played in and a further 28 in which he was an unused substitute.

38 missed this season (including 5 where he wasn't registered for EL squad so didn't matter if he was fit or otherwise)

12 missed last season (injured/not in the squd)

21 missed in 19/20

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Obviously everybody on here missed that soap dodgers rat Brophy landing his full force of his body n studs onto helanders boot, he caught him.

Very unlucky there, 1 last chance pre season for him though. 

That explains one foot injury, what about the other?

Been looking at our squad, dunno why since they won the league last year but it depressed me:

Allan McGregor
Robby McCrorie
Jon McLaughlin
Connor Goldson
James Sands
Filip Helander
Jack Simpson
Leon Balogun
Borna Barisic
Calvin Bassey
James Tavernier
Mateusz Zukowski
Joe Aribo
Glen Kamara
John Lundstram
Ryan Jack
Scott Arfield
Steven Davis
Nnamdi Ofoborh
Ianis Hagi
Ryan Kent
Scott Wright
Alfredo Morelos
Kemar Roofe
Fashion Sakala
Cedric Itten

Out of contract
Allan McGregor
Connor Goldson
Leon Balogun
Scott Arfield
Steven Davis

Entering last year
Filip Helander
Joe Aribo
Ryan Jack
Ryan Kent
Alfredo Morelos

Loans ending
Aaron Ramsey
Ahmad Diallo

Injury concerns
Ryan Jack
Filip Helander
Ianis Hagi
Nnamdi Ofoborh

Keep Balogun, Souttar, promote King as a genuine option for selection and bring in someone of real proper quality as the 4th. Would rather that than bring in another 2 or 3 who would be nothing more than decent. Sands and Bassey as emergencey back up.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Souttar, King, Bassey and Balogun our CBs for next season.

And don’t even start me on the forwards.

Lot of business to be done in the summer.

Souttar is a terrible signing his injury record is worse than Helander by a considerable distance he is very close to being retired due to injury 

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I don't think anyone is *blaming* Big Fil for getting injured, it's not really his fault and this one could be the misfortune of Brophy landing on his foot but ultimately at our club we can't continue to carry guys like him / Balogun / Jack / Roofe

That's big money on 4 guys who are only available for selection 40-50% of the season

Agreed

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I don't think anyone is *blaming* Big Fil for getting injured, it's not really his fault and this one could be the misfortune of Brophy landing on his foot but ultimately at our club we can't continue to carry guys like him / Balogun / Jack / Roofe

That's big money on 4 guys who are only available for selection 40-50% of the season

We take chances on quality players that are injury prone, that's why we can afford them, and then we pad the squad out with less quality but more reliable players injury wise. Hagi get's injured so we spend 2m on an injury prone loan player! We've got another one coming in Summer time.

This is our recruitment strategy and it's nuts.

2 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Souttar is a terrible signing his injury record is worse than Helander by a considerable distance he is very close to being retired due to injury 

Helander is 3 years older but has only played 12 more games in his career than Souttar so that's a load of shite.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Keep Balogun, Souttar, promote King as a genuine option for selection and bring in someone of real proper quality as the 4th. Would rather that than bring in another 2 or 3 who would be nothing more than decent. Sands and Bassey as emergencey back up.

We'll still be paying Helander so that would be 5 CHs out of the 1st squad budget. It may be that we have to go with Bassey as an option for financial reasons to add to Souttar, King, one new signing and a fucked Helander til he recovers.

Grim.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We'll still be paying Helander so that would be 5 CHs out of the 1st squad budget. It may be that we have to go with Bassey as an option for financial reasons to add to Souttar, King, one new signing and a fucked Helander til he recovers.

Grim.

I'd be doing everything to try and get him out the door even if it's for a minimal fee.

2 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I'd be doing everything to try and get him out the door even if it's for a minimal fee.

Can't imagine there'd be many suitors let alone him being interested in walking away from his guaranteed wage packet.

Unless hes fit pre season we're stuck with him.

8 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

No way 

So on a limited budget we're going to need to replace 3 first team centre backs whilst needing to strengthen most other positions with genuine quality? Makes absolutely no sense to me

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

So on a limited budget we're going to need to replace 3 first team centre backs whilst needing to strengthen most other positions with genuine quality? Makes absolutely no sense to me

We generally have senior four CHs, that's what squad numbers and budgets allow, with at times a youth stepping up.

This season its CG, LB, FH, JS plus Bassey as extra cover but classed as one of two left backs. Leon King also stepped up to the 1st team squad latterly. 

Next season we'll hopefully have moved on Simpson. It leaves FH, Souttar, and now King who has been permanently promoted. So we've either 1 place left, or we spend more from a tight budget to have a 5th CH (to cover FH being out) plus Bassey.

If its 1 place left, for me we need a Doekli or whoever who comes in as a starter and is the mainstay for seasons, not Balogun. Balogun / King / Souttar / Bassey being our options also means relying again on Barisic at left back. Fuck that. 

Helander being fucked so we can't sell him has fucked up our plans big time. 

3 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Which means you know what souttar knows,how does that work.

Speaking to him, interviewing him, reading and listening to other interviews he's done, speaking to people close to him like his mum, brother and agent, speaking to Hearts medical staff and the Hearts manager.