Helander

Essandoh

5 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

With Big Fil out till new year, Simpson injured and no in the best form surely we cant be relying on Balogun staying fit.

Should be getting Katic back, allowing rumours of a recall clause are true.

I just don't think manager rates Katic and he's already said he wouldn't use recall. 

I think it's more likely we'll look to add a CB in January. 

Hopefully with Helander back soon and maybe recall Mayo to be the fourth centre half instead of Simpson and we'll be in a much better place defensively.  Helander's presence seems to calm the rest of the defence.  He's easily our best defender.

30 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'm guessing Leon King is still too young and raw to be used as cover? 

I think King is injured at the moment and while he is a very good prospect he is a bit away physically . However the other B team CB is a bit older and a good player. We also have Mayo doing well at Thistle just now. 

Just checked, they play on the 11th, 15th and 19th. They could potentially be doubts for the old firm on the 2nd then? Depending on when they've to meet up.

They're playing Egypt, Sudan and Guinea-Bissau so I think it's safe to assume that they should qualify from their group and play again.

Were sitting at the end of last season with what was thought to be 5 decent Central halves as well, amazing how quickly things change.

3 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I just don't think manager rates Katic and he's already said he wouldn't use recall. 

I think it's more likely we'll look to add a CB in January. 

Surely won't have any choice but to call him back the way things are going, Helander probably won't be back until xmas and Balogun is away on international duty, recall Katic in January and at least we have a competent defender to back up Goldson and Helander. 

23 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Surely won't have any choice but to call him back the way things are going, Helander probably won't be back until xmas and Balogun is away on international duty, recall Katic in January and at least we have a competent defender to back up Goldson and Helander. 

Manager said before "Even if I had the opportunity to bring Niko back I wouldn’t because it would be very selfish from me"

We'll need cover and I reckon it's going to be a new CB in January window. 

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

Manager said before "Even if I had the opportunity to bring Niko back I wouldn’t because it would be very selfish from me"

We'll need cover and I reckon it's going to be a new CB in January window. 

It would be selfish to let comments made before we had a CB out for months affect a current crisis

Hopefully he sees the issue we have and can make the decision.