Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

14 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Chris Jack and the 3 who put their name to the telegraph story are all reliable.

Perhaps, but wanting to talk to Gerrard and him accepting it are not the same. (Correct me if I am wrong and he has actually been said to have accepted it.. have been busy with work all night).

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Perhaps, but wanting to talk to Gerrard and him accepting it are not the same. (Correct me if I am wrong and he has actually been said to have accepted it.. have been busy with work all night).

Telegraph says he wants it.

Just now, johanhentze said:

This.... how many jobs have you applied for while in a job n then went now fuck that I am happy where I am..

I think and hope he will see the negative stuff from Rangers fans n think back to that Liverpool/Chelsea time.

Just now, the goal machine said:

Gerrard could kill the rumours in one Instagram post/story. Clearly talks are happening behind the scene and he’s pretty interested 

Was said earlier on in the thread but if it wasn't happening the club would brief heart and hand 

Why do people think he is gone already the article states Villa are going to try and approach Rangers/Gerrard nothing less nothing more,

'But Villa are now poised to make a formal approach to Rangers and attempt to strike a multi-million compensation deal to take Gerrard back to England after three-and-a-half years at Ibrox.'

3 weeks ago he said he was happy & settled - imo he isn't going anywhere.

I get the feeling he'd only move to a club where there is an opportunity to win things - that's not Aston Villa but if I'm wrong so be it but I just don't see it in his character

Just now, Nk89 said:

This.... how many jobs have you applied for while in a job n then went now fuck that I am happy where I am..

I think and hope he will see the negative stuff from Rangers fans n think back to that Liverpool/Chelsea time.

Again. Liverpool supporter, not Rangers supporter.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Gerrard: "Do I look happy? Do I look settled?"

Aston Villa: "Hi Stevie, don't suppose you would con........."

Gerrard:

f900268df5b8b61a2546a83a95fcb208.jpg

Exactly lying cunt. What a snake. If he stays  I’ll eat humble pie and back him but no chance that’s happening 

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

Liverpool are his club though

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Yeah, and his own support wanted him gone and were happy he was replaced.

I wouldn’t take OGS who has done better

Again you have to grade that on a curve though. Chelsea operate at a far higher level than we do. There’s no shame in being out of your depth at one of Europe’s elite clubs. If Lampard got our job he would do absolutely fine IMO.

For all we know, Villa haven't even asked the question yet. You can have all the reliable sources in the world but at the end of the day there's only one man who knows what will happen and It's Gerrard, until anything comes to light everything is just speculation.

Is there a quote I could read? 

Not going to get a quote with international break, this is from inside people highly respected in the media down south. 

Guys close to us basically saying he's gone. 

Unless the talks go tits up we know the outcome here. 

Is there a quote I could read? 

There is no quotes but it's 3 journalists who are respected down south have all put their name to it and Chris Jack is the most reliable journalist in Scotland when it comes to Rangers.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Again you have to grade that on a curve though. Chelsea operate at a far higher level than we do. There’s no shame in being out of your depth at one of Europe’s elite clubs. If Lampard got our job he would do absolutely fine IMO.

Ok, failed at Derby too.