Memories of the McLeish treble

Thermopylae

5 hours ago, Sket said:

Big Eck was a fantastic manager for us. Don't feel he gets the credit he deserves.

Aw the trophies.

The disrespect he gets in general from football fans has never made sense to me. It isn’t even just down to him being a successful Rangers manager, but it no doubt plays into big time for some.

Seems like a really good guy too.

Watching the 3-2 game on VHS the next day without knowing the result and nearly launching my glass through my Dad’s pal’s TV when Sutton scored after about 10 seconds :lol: 

Having to listen to the Cup Final v Dundee via dial up internet and giving up and settling for text updates on the BBC website.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Was a shame how it ended because that first 18 months and Helicopter Sunday was the stuff of legends. 

The transformation when he took over from DA was almost instantaneous. Done well, but struggled when he had to build imo 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Was a shame how it ended because that first 18 months and Helicopter Sunday was the stuff of legends. 

I don’t think we’ve ever had a manager (in normal circumstances) who’s had the highest of highs combined with some of the lowest of the lows quite like he did.

I still look back at the majority of his time fondly though. Did a good job in difficult circumstances for the most part (last season wasn’t great overall) and always acted with class and dignity. 

My outstanding memory of him also was at the time when Davie Cooper died and he was interviewed and he was visibly upset. 

He then became our manager, and I thought he was a great manager and gave us some fantastic memories. Met his boy Henry once who was manager in a certain pub at one point, its a bit vague though. :confused: