Goldson

GOAT

Defensively we can debate his strengths or weaknesses all day long.

But his long range passing can be sensational and will be sorely missed if he leaves. Kent, Tav, Aribo and today Sakala all benefitted from laser like precision distance passing that have led to goals (or should have).  Today's to Sakala was literally perfect.

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Don't see it. Ming's and Konsa wouldn't be dropped for Goldson. They will also bring in a big name defender I think. Possibly he would be a squad player.

I think he will risk it going to be a squad player and then try and prove himself.

He will get a huge pay increase, be closer to his home and family and I think all players at the top level probably believe they can earn a place.

If Villa want him as a squad/backup option then I think he will be away there.

The only question would be if they actually want him, and to be honest, he is easily good enough to provide backup to them.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think he will risk it going to be a squad player and then try and prove himself.

He will get a huge pay increase, be closer to his home and family and I think all players at the top level probably believe they can earn a place.

The only question would be if they actually want him, and to be honest, he is easily good enough to provide backup to them.

They won’t be even close to considering him, regardless of the Gerrard link. They’re operating in a completely different market financially.  

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Oh aye it's a no brainer if they want him. I do think he could do a job also but I think villa fans wouldn't be chuffed.

10 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Don't see it. Ming's and Konsa wouldn't be dropped for Goldson. They will also bring in a big name defender I think. Possibly he would be a squad player.

Gerrards made several statements about “leader” type players he has in mind to bring in, which Goldson clearly is, and he’s easily good enough to provide back up at least to both. 

3 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Gerrards made several statements about “leader” type players he has in mind to bring in, which Goldson clearly is, and he’s easily good enough to provide back up at least to both. 

I know. If it wasn't for Matty Cash I'd be worried he was going for Tav.

6 minutes ago, SPWF said:

They won’t be even close to considering him, regardless of the Gerrard link. They’re operating in a completely different market financially.  

Im not so sure.

He is one of the main reasons that a massive underdog has made it to the semi-final at least of one of the big European tournaments.

Massive performances against teams like Dortmund are going to seriously impress scouts.

He would not be signing as a starter for them, but as a backup/squad option, on a free, I could definitely see it.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Im not so sure.

He is one of the main reasons that a massive underdog has made it to the semi-final at least of one of the big European tournaments.

Massive performances against teams like Dortmund are going to seriously impress scouts.

He would not be signing as a starter for them, but as a backup/squad option, on a free, I could definitely see it.

He’s also leader of a defence for a squad that’s completely collapsed domestically 3 seasons out of 4 now. 

If Goldson gets a move to an EPL team I will eat my proverbial hat. 

28 minutes ago, SPWF said:

He’s also leader of a defence for a squad that’s completely collapsed domestically 3 seasons out of 4 now. 

If Goldson gets a move to an EPL team I will eat my proverbial hat. 

You dont think Goldson can get a move to a EPL team, even as back up? Seriously? 

Gough

Butcher

Moore

Amoruso

Kyrgiakos

Cuellar

Bougherra

Weir

To name a few that in my opinion were all better and ultimately were all replaced.

He’s the best we’ve had for a period of time but in no way is he as irreplaceable as some folk seem to think…

13 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

Gough

Butcher

Moore

Amoruso

Kyrgiakos

Cuellar

Bougherra

Weir

To name a few that in my opinion were all better and ultimately were all replaced.

He’s the best we’ve had for a period of time but in no way is he as irreplaceable as some folk seem to think…

No one is irreplaceable. However if you think Kyrgiakos was better than Goldson you need your eyes tested.