SPFL On Red Alert

BlueboyG

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

Why is it going to vote then? 

You can bet your bottom dollar that the scum will have been instructing their usual pals among the diddy clubs to support the motion.

Just now, MurrayWilson said:

Well i hope youre right.. But i really wouldnt be surprised if they scheduled it for midweek, im certain theyve done it before. After Princess Di passed away im sure they did. Again, i sincerely hope youre right.

Princess Di died 25 years ago. It's as far removed from today as winning the CWC in Barcelona was when she died. There's been a few things happened since then that have kinda changed how things are generally done re: Old Firm games.

18 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Not to mention 3/4 new signings

And I wonder how many of our sellable assets might decide enough’s enough, if a suitable offer comes in, rather than sit around while the tarriers game the system to their advantage.

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Your right we can't demand it, we can only request it under G7

A Club shall be entitled to apply to the Board for the postponement of any Official 
Match where three or more of its Players who would otherwise have participated in 
such match are unavailable through international selection and, following receipt of 
such an application, the Board may postpone and rearrange the relevant Official 
Match in accordance with Rule G3.

The problem is it's up to the board. I'd be amazed if it got granted especially if they are already advising few dates available to play games.

That only applies to Fifa competitions I think.

Offer to bring forward the winter break under the conditions that any players who are unavailable to play just now are missing for the rearranged game and that it is after the Africans come back. 

See how much of the requests are genuine. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The only free date the players at AFCON could miss that the Old Firm could potentially be rescheduled on is a Wednesday night  - and the league aren't rescheduling an Old Firm for a midweek. After that it'll be March or April before there's a free date.

Surely if the winter break us brought forward a week it also finishes a week earlier so the tarrier game would be the 18th. If not they are cancelling the games and rescheduling them. 

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Might make no difference to SKY but Amazon have quite a few EPL games over the festive period so hopefully they don't want to lose another marketable game

Unfortunately they have chelsea v liverpool jan 2nd so they might not be as bothered as they normally would be.

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Your right we can't demand it, we can only request it under G7

A Club shall be entitled to apply to the Board for the postponement of any Official 
Match where three or more of its Players who would otherwise have participated in 
such match are unavailable through international selection and, following receipt of 
such an application, the Board may postpone and rearrange the relevant Official 
Match in accordance with Rule G3.

The problem is it's up to the board. I'd be amazed if it got granted especially if they already advising few dates available to play games.

AFCON is a weird one in that there's an agreement clubs won't request postponements for players called up as it isn't an official FIFA international date despite being a FIFA-sanctioned competition.

1 minute ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Offer to bring forward the winter break under the conditions that any players who are unavailable to play just now are missing for the rearranged game and that it is after the Africans come back. 

That's not possible, how are you supposed to know for certain who is available for a game in over a weeks time

2 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Surely if the winter break us brought forward a week it also finishes a week earlier so the tarrier game would be the 18th. If not they are cancelling the games and rescheduling them. 

18th is a tuessday. We Play Stirling Albion in the Scottish Cup that weekend.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Princess Di died 25 years ago. It's as far removed from today as winning the CWC in Barcelona was when she died. There's been a few things happened since then that have kinda changed how things are generally done re: Old Firm games.

As i said, i sincerely hope youre right. Wont be shocked if youre not though.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

@The Dude do u know sky's position on this surely if they want the game on the 2nd on then it will be.

I don't although given Amazon's got the Prem games between Xmas and NY, I can't imagine they are particularly keen on losing some of the little live football they have on.

Just now, Brubear said:

Should have typed 16th. Surely the cup game would also come forward a week, if it is truly moving the winter break by a week. 

Why does it come accross you want the scum game played in middle of Jan when our best player won't be available, Balogun and maybe Bassey?

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

@The Dude

Places are reporting there will be no vote and the SPFL board will decided. What have you heard?

Clubs have been asked their views ahead of a (likely advisory) vote - although decision sits with the board. Us and Ross County both on board though so expecting they'll defer to the outcome of the vote.

Just now, Robmc1 said:

A universal term which can be applied to  most decisions made by both the Scottish assembly and its footballing authorities…

Honestly mate, if they can find the most convoluted and nonsensical way to do things (I include the member clubs too, as they are voting for this), then they will. 

2 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Should have typed 16th. Surely the cup game would also come forward a week, if it is truly moving the winter break by a week. 

Then you've got to move more games in the lower divisions and get Premier Sports and (i think) the BBC to agree as they have TV rights for Cup games rather than Sky.

5 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

That would soon flush out the liars from those who genuinely think early break is the best way to go.

In fact, it’s so fair and sensible that it has no chance of ever getting suggested, let alone approved.

SPFL : corrupt to the core