Who’s The Better Player?

BlueSuedeSambas

Who’s The Better Player Right Now?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is The Better Player Right Now?

1 hour ago, ger4life_1872 said:

If we want the club to be what we've been told we will then we need to start selling ppl like patterson to the epl regularly and he needs to go there and progress further 

Exactly. As much as people hate seeing our better players or younger talent leave we kinda need them to (and need them to perform well when they do) if we want to become self sufficient in the long run. 

We are not in the position to be guaranteed champions league money every season so selling players should and will be the only way we can continually improve and progress as a club. 

2 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Question for everyone that think Patterson is going to be the next big star:

How good do you think he will be?

The best full back in world football of his era? Like Lillian Thuram or Maldini?

A star performer in a top league winning side ike TAA or Andy Robertson?

A decent full back that plays for Scotland and a mid table side like Tierney?

Nail your colours to the master and we can come-back in a few years and see who was correct.

If you think Tierney is only decent then that says it all about your knowledge of football.

2 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Question for everyone that think Patterson is going to be the next big star:

How good do you think he will be?

The best full back in world football of his era? Like Lillian Thuram or Maldini?

A star performer in a top league winning side ike TAA or Andy Robertson?

A decent full back that plays for Scotland and a mid table side like Tierney?

Nail your colours to the master and we can come-back in a few years and see who was correct.

Tin hat on but Tierney is better than decent, he’s still a horrible papish rat but as a footballer is better than decent.

I think Patterson can be at that level if he were to move to an EPL team between 5-10 general league position.

To get to the next level he needs to be a bit lucky tbh in who the manager is as that would be key in his development ie Robertson doesn’t get to his level without Klopp and has a bit of luck to avoid serious injury.

Thuram and Maldini were generational talents that imo is a step beyond NP but who knows when it comes to potential.

40 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Below Robertson?

Absolute nonsense.

Tierney walks into any EPL starting line up and should be Scotlands left back instead of Robertson.

I think ever since Arsenal/Scotland moved him to left centre back he’s got better and better.

16 hours ago, Raymond Bad Barneyfeld said:

That’s just not true at all. 

What? Yes it is, we relied on him and Barisic very heavily in first half of the season. Then he went off the boil a bit after his free kick vs Dundee United. If Patterson started all the games Tavernier did last season we don’t go into new year 16 points clear or whatever it was.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

What’s that got to do with it :lol: 

If that’s your parameter then Zinchenko at Man City is better than Robertson then.

Zinchenko has never been City’s first choice though, Mendy and Cancelo have been. Robertson has been one of the most important players in a team thats won a UCL and PL.

2 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

Zinchenko has never been City’s first choice though, Mendy and Cancelo have been. Robertson has been one of the most important players in a team thats won a UCL and PL.

His point is that medals determine who the better player is. That’s a nonsense argument.

43 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

What? Yes it is, we relied on him and Barisic very heavily in first half of the season. Then he went off the boil a bit after his free kick vs Dundee United. If Patterson started all the games Tavernier did last season we don’t go into new year 16 points clear or whatever it was.

Go through the first half of last season and show me us relying on Tav’s goals.

At the moment I would say Tav because he is playing well and contributing to the teams performances. I think Patterson is an exceptional talent and with more games has the potential to turn out to be a better player than Tav in the coming years . We are very fortunate to have 2 top RB in our squad . If you asked that same question a few months ago I probably would have said Patterson 🤣. I’m a firm believer that the inform player , no matter the age should be worthy of a start IMO 🔴🔵

As it stands right now, it’s Tavernier, which was focus of the question. 

However, I’ve said many a time we need to improve the business model so I’d sell Tav if possible in the summer,  play Patterson who cost nothing. Once he develops more, his price will increase while we look to produce a replacement from the academy or bring another youngster in like Bassey and coach. Rinse and repeat. 

Unfortunately, we are reeking when it comes to selling players so we’ll no doubt sell Patterson for a reduced fee and then let Tav run down his contract and leave for nowt. 

If Patterson was good enough to take the shirt off Tavernier there would be no need for a debate.

He's not moving Tavernier and rightly so in my opinion...

Whether he will be 2, 3 or 5 times the player of Tavernier in years to come is irrelevant, the here and now is what matters at Ibrox.

15 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

Tavs goals (left) and assists (right) from second game of season until Dundee United away

47A012A6-E055-4515-ACC6-B37255A90E61.png

So how many goals were winners, or goals to get us back into games?

To say we relied on him for goals for half that season is doing the team a disservice :lol: