Gio

I don't think Gio is a bad manager, you don't win the league with a lesser club in Feyenoord if you are. 

He saw we needed to stop losing 1st goals and on the whole addressed that. Plus last night he saw the issues and resolved much of it at half time. He's not a fake.

But he inherited a team of league  winners and has tinkered to our expense. Much of it with obvious things like playing Itten who is a man down, debuting a kid in midfield up at the sheep against a strong midfield, and not setting up to deal with a team who flood players forward and swamp midfield. That's naivety.

He needs to sort things out before the problems arise, and when those looming problems are so blatantly obvious even to us on here then he needs to get his finger out quick or he'll not last.

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

We're not beating hearts. 

They'll be all fucking over us after seeing last night

If we don't start well then agreed, Hearts will take something from the game 

Atmosphere towards Gio and the players is going to be very bad & the funny thing is I don't think they'll be expecting it at all

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Gio’s first game we were like that.  Loads of width, no pissing about at the back etc.

Yet we seem to have gone back to the type of performances we saw in Jan to March of 2020.

Don’t understand why we aren’t like that anymore, we had the ball in the box within 15 seconds of the first whistle v Sparta

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I don't think Gio is a bad manager, you don't win the league with a lesser club in Feyenoord if you are. 

He saw we needed to stop losing 1st goals and on the whole addressed that. Plus last night he saw the issues and resolved much of it at half time. He's not a fake.

But he inherited a team of league  winners and has tinkered to our expense. Much of it with obvious things like playing Itten who is a man down, debuting a kid in midfield up at the sheep against a strong midfield, and not setting up to deal with a team who flood players forward and swamp midfield. That's naivety.

He needs to sort things out before the problems arise, and when those looming problems are so blatantly obvious even to us on here then he needs to get his finger out quick or he'll not last.

How can he sort it? Who do we have that makes the difference? Please dont say Morelos ffs.....

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If a player is not fit enough to last 90 minutes but is good enough to play then you start him until he fades not the other way round.

Jack, Balogun and dare I say Ramsey fell into that category.

Spot on. Especially when they are widely regarded as the better options 'when fit'.

9 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Aye, the manager has brought in so much to change an exhausted and readable squad after all......

Exhausted squad is a piss poor excuse tbh. We’ve played no more football than we have at any other point of any other season and we’ve just had a winter break too. We’ve got gradually worse in every single game since he was appointed.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Exhausted squad is a piss poor excuse tbh. We’ve played no more football than we have at any other point of any other season and we’ve just had a winter break too. We’ve got gradually worse in every single game since he was appointed.

I mean exhausted in the sense they have no more fight left in them, they left it behind in last season

16 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The frustrating thing is if you appoint a Dutch manager you think you know what you are getting - quick technical football, lots of movement, exciting widemen and a lot of fluidity and patterns of play.

Unfortunately what we seem to have got is a Poundland version of Man Utd Louis Van Gaal.

That’s how I’ve felt about him.

Van Gaal set Man U up brilliantly defensively but the football was chronic.

All of our bigger away games are brutal to watch.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I don't think he's a bad manager either, just his playstyle doesn't suit us. However and here's the big IF, if gio manages to recruit the type of player that suits his style then maybe his system will turn out to be a good fit for us. 

As others have pointed out he's Inherited a squad of players drilled to play a set way over a period of years and for me a lot of those players either don't suit the system or don't actually like playing the system. 

Thats why I think he gave itten a small run of games because from what I've seen he likes a big target man up front and that's where he felt itten would be useful. But that went tits up big time. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

How can he sort it? Who do we have that makes the difference? Please dont say Morelos ffs.....

Stop playing 3 forwards if you don't have control of the midfield. Done it against sheep and the scim. Get bodies into midfield against the scum with one fewer up front.. 

On Sunday Jack needs to start, for me alongside Kamara who can push forward if we're in control. And start Ramsey. Same defence as finished last night, with full backs not as defensively focused.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Stop playing 3 forwards if you don't have control of the midfield. Done it against sheep and the scim. Get bodies into midfield against the scum with one fewer up front.. 

On Sunday Jack needs to start, for me alongside Kamara who can push forward if we're in control. And start Ramsey. Same defence as finished last night, with full backs not as defensively focused.

We don't need midfielders imo, we need attackers and we need them to get serviced with the ball to start fucking shooting 

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I’m not using this to counter your point but the comments are alarmingly familiar 

6B5FAEAA-4305-421A-A385-0E1DDDD99286.thumb.png.73f97cf082b07a97fe51fa6fa915040f.png

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

The so called fans clubs that are supposed to represent supporters to wake the fuck up and force the issues 

Total knee jerk man. This board have put in more money to keep us floating than anyone else would have. But we lost a game last night so they must go. Truly mental. It's like Douglas Park was playing left back last night.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Chase them to fuck, but the like of club1872 won't do that because they still believe the current board are saviours from spivs and "king rats". 

club1872 and the current board absolutely hate each other :confused:

16 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Gio’s first game we were like that.  Loads of width, no pissing about at the back etc.

Yet we seem to have gone back to the type of performances we saw in Jan to March of 2020.

The amount of chances we created immediately when he took over went through the roof. Shots / on target / etc. Better finishers at the club and we'd have destroyed a few teams. However, every aspect of that has faded hard in the last 5 or so games.

15 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

We don't need midfielders imo, we need attackers and we need them to get serviced with the ball to start fucking shooting 

Its not just attackers we need, we need attackers with real quality now. Our return from all the wide players is nothing short of horrific.