Hitting the ground running.

ExiledWeegie123

I hate giving the scum any credit at all but how is it they have a knack of finding players who hit the ground running straight away? yet with us it always seem's we are saying "it will take him time to adjust to the league" and things like that, but they bring in players and their upto speed in no time at all. Obviously I'm looking more at this season with their jap boys but in the past too its always the same, does it come down to poor scouting from us or just luck?

It’s been a thing for as long as I can remember. Their players will usually score on their debut and kick on when they need them for a few months. 

Ours is all bedding in, take time, needs to get up too speed etc. 

We’ve not had a manager willing to take risks in a very long time

22 minutes ago, ExilledWeegie123 said:

I hate giving the scum any credit at all but how is it they have a knack of finding players who hit the ground running straight away? yet with us it always seem's we are saying "it will take him time to adjust to the league" and things like that, but they bring in players and their upto speed in no time at all. Obviously I'm looking more at this season with their jap boys but in the past too its always the same, does it come down to poor scouting from us or just luck?

They have gone for quick players who move the ball quick we have a lot of players who are slow and ponderous and take too much time on the ball.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s been a thing for as long as I can remember. Their players will usually score on their debut and kick on when they need them for a few months. 

Ours is all bedding in, take time, needs to get up too speed etc. 

We’ve not had a manager willing to take risks in a very long time

We seem to have a manager at the moment who’s taking risks, and failing.

11 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

With regards to their Japanese guys, are they not all coming off the back of a full season of football behind them? 

Not really. The season finished early December so they've had more of a rest than some of our players had over the summer.

On 03/02/2022 at 18:05, ExilledWeegie123 said:

Funny how the press think the same. They want our player to take time and theirs are World Cup winners. Mental.