Calvin Bassey

16 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Also think the praise for him is a wee bit OTT. Both goals and their chance in the first half came down his side. Much more comfortable with him at LB. 

I'm the total opposite, don't rate him at LB at all, but think hes been good overall at CB.

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Also think the praise for him is a wee bit OTT. Both goals and their chance in the first half came down his side. Much more comfortable with him at LB. 

What part of either goal is his fault, come on man he was a fucking colossus tonight, 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I said he played well :lol: but let’s not go OTT on a CB that can’t head a ball. 

He barely lost a header ffs.

You implied that as goals came down the lhs he was somehow responsible.

He's our least experienced starter, playing out of position, yet he was an absolute rock and the best centre back on the pitch tonight ffs man 🤣

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

What part of either goal is his fault, come on man he was a fucking colossus tonight, 

Thought he got dragged all over the shop for their second.

I’m not trying to be negative. He had a good game, and deserves praise for it. I still don’t think he’s a good CB generally. Think some are going over the top with him tonight. 

Morelos, Kent, Jack and Lundstram all had better games IMO. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought he got dragged all over the shop for their second.

I’m not trying to be negative. He had a good game, and deserves praise for it. I still don’t think he’s a good CB generally. Think some are going over the top with him tonight. 

Morelos, Kent, Jack and Lundstram all had better games IMO. 

The ball was toe poked to the scorer, he took a touch and came inside and hit a belter, the stramash before the goal is very unlucky in that 9 times out of 10 it doesnt land that perfectly to the goalscorer

Even at the first, the boy running into the box, its a cracking run and once inside the box you cant touch him, barisic i think gets a toe to it and again it fell to a dortmund player and the finish after that was unreal again, both goals they got a break of the ball, we had our breaks as well it happens, 

The only defensive mistake i felt we made was the free header in the first half, goldson blocked off but he should be smarter and see the block coming, but again that happens and in dortmund, having one genuine defensive mistake is a fucking fantastic performance 

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Did very well but sometimes needs to stop chasing the ball and realise to stay in position.

Not his natural position but developing very well.

I agree but sometimes that chasing out gives the opponent less time to turn and face our goal again and pick a pass, it can work sometimes but he needs to pick his moments lol

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I agree but sometimes that chasing out gives the opponent less time to turn and face our goal again and pick a pass, it can work sometimes but he needs to pick his moments lol

That’s the thing he was almost running over the half way line at one point chasing the ball.

Cost us the 2nd goal v celtic doing it as you said needs to pick his moments and I’m sure he’ll learn.

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm the total opposite, don't rate him at LB at all, but think hes been good overall at CB.

I'm leaning towards this also. Would rather develop him as a centre half. Solid, can win headers and has the acceleration to deal with pacey strikers. Those type of centre backs are worth a mint in today's game.