Old Firm In Australia…

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He didn't say it can't be reversed. He scoffed at the idea we would reverse it but he 100% didn't say it "can't" be reversed:

“I think what we absolutely need to do is have a dialogue, hear the views, to explain and have the debate and listen to that strength of feeling but to be clear it is an invitation the club has accepted for the reasons that I explained.

“We participated in a pre-season tournament in the summer of 2020 in Lyon, we weren’t the only Scottish club to participate in that tournament and it was worth a fraction of what this is worth so I think that is a further context that needs to be considered when people are forming opinions on this decision.”

Another reason to get the arrogant cunt out of the club, who is this ring piece to scoff at anything he would do well to remember it was the fans who kept the club afloat 

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

There’s approximately 150k Scottish ex pats in Sydney 

who do you think?

Aye but I don’t count the children they’ve had while over there as Scottish. Also the families they’ve had while there know fuck all of the hatred of our rivalry. Atmosphere will be utter utter shite

43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He didn't say it can't be reversed. He scoffed at the idea we would reverse it but he 100% didn't say it "can't" be reversed:

“I think what we absolutely need to do is have a dialogue, hear the views, to explain and have the debate and listen to that strength of feeling but to be clear it is an invitation the club has accepted for the reasons that I explained.

“We participated in a pre-season tournament in the summer of 2020 in Lyon, we weren’t the only Scottish club to participate in that tournament and it was worth a fraction of what this is worth so I think that is a further context that needs to be considered when people are forming opinions on this decision.”

wow

7 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

wow

“We’ve obviously seen the reaction and to be candid, we’re disappointed,” Bisgrove said.

“When the opportunity came [to speak to fans] we want to do that. For the support not to see this in a positive light is not something we’re comfortable with but what we want to get across is the reasons we’ve made this decision. We feel the supporters who are disappointed will be the same supporters who will demand this club be successful on the pitch and that’s what’s driven this decision. It is to give the best possible resources to the club to be successful and be competitive.”

“I’m not naive to this,” Bisgrove added. “We are not going into this with out eyes closed. It is something that has unfolded in the last 24 hours.

“The communications strategy was interesting in that it seemed to be leaked out of Australia [on Tuesday] and then another club confirmed their participation so we’ve come out and, rightly so, updated the Rangers fans from our perspective.”

“The board of this club, the investors, the chairman, deputy chairman and the rest of the board are Rangers fans so they will be highly tuned in and they will be very receptive to the feeling and the feedback so there is no way they aren’t aware of this.

“However, this was something that was looked at by the board and, for the reasons I explained, was seen as a positive opportunity and a very unique one. These aren’t the sort of offers that non-Champions League clubs are receiving every week.

“It is circumstances that have come together from Australia where someting has been put on the table and has really been unlike anything we’ve seen before.”

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It is to give the best possible resources to the club to be successful and be competitive."

Makes zero sense when our biggest rivals and only real competition for the league are getting the same if not more money than us for it.

They really do think all the fans are just blind sheep with big wallets

My Mrs had never heard of Rangers until a couple years ago and even she's baffled at the decision for this game to go ahead, these board members are meant to be lifelong Rangers fans can't see what a bad decision it is. Blinded by the thought of a big bonus at the end of the season

To be fair Bisgrove wont get it fully. He will just see us as rivals. He came in during Gerrards first or second year?

He wont know about the scums behaviour historically with us. JB is there to make money for us and i can see him being an outsider (not a bear growing up) why he'd jump at getting us 3m for 8 days. Despite what people think, we are on course to make profit and its down to him. He can do better eg kit deal but its 27m from commercial deals. Pre King we had about 4m in deals.

The people to blame are the Rangers fans signing it off - The board.

40 minutes ago, The Dude said:

“We’ve obviously seen the reaction and to be candid, we’re disappointed,” Bisgrove said.

“When the opportunity came [to speak to fans] we want to do that. For the support not to see this in a positive light is not something we’re comfortable with but what we want to get across is the reasons we’ve made this decision. We feel the supporters who are disappointed will be the same supporters who will demand this club be successful on the pitch and that’s what’s driven this decision. It is to give the best possible resources to the club to be successful and be competitive.”

“I’m not naive to this,” Bisgrove added. “We are not going into this with out eyes closed. It is something that has unfolded in the last 24 hours.

“The communications strategy was interesting in that it seemed to be leaked out of Australia [on Tuesday] and then another club confirmed their participation so we’ve come out and, rightly so, updated the Rangers fans from our perspective.”

“The board of this club, the investors, the chairman, deputy chairman and the rest of the board are Rangers fans so they will be highly tuned in and they will be very receptive to the feeling and the feedback so there is no way they aren’t aware of this.

“However, this was something that was looked at by the board and, for the reasons I explained, was seen as a positive opportunity and a very unique one. These aren’t the sort of offers that non-Champions League clubs are receiving every week.

“It is circumstances that have come together from Australia where someting has been put on the table and has really been unlike anything we’ve seen before.”

I hate him 

"We feel the supporters who are disappointed will be the same supporters who will demand this club be successful on the pitch and that’s what’s driven this decision"

He isn't even aware ALL Rangers supporters demand success on the field.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

"We feel the supporters who are disappointed will be the same supporters who will demand this club be successful on the pitch and that’s what’s driven this decision" is one of the worst things I've ever heard from anyone connected to our club.

'The supporters we are majorly fucking off are the ones who are most important. But the board are Rangers fans too'.

Bisgrove should walk when we (hopefully) pull out of this shitshow.