Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t know to be honest. 

The squad is really Ross Wilson’s role, who I certainly don’t trust. 

Its between the two of them. Still though, would you trust both of them to do the job together? If not then they have to go.

Regardless of what we think he'll get another transfer window and that's even though there's a real chance they'll win the league by double figures and punt us out the cup.

The sad part is unless someone obviously more suitable shows themselves then I think GvB is still the best bet.

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Come on , he inherited a squad that won one single trophy in four years , unheard of for any Rangers manager. He also spent more cash than any other manager on mostly dross who we continue to pay off to get rid of them.

Its amazing that that clown was given 4 years of failure and embarrassments and we want to sack GVB after a few months.

He inherited a team that had won the league, and had a 6 point lead. He then was given money to spend in January (£2m for Ramsay, not seen how much for Diallo but he won’t come cheap even if there’s no loan fee and just a % of his wages) and has still managed to turn the lead into trailing by 6 points in half a season.

Its a fucking abysmal record and if he wasn’t an ex player popular with the fans he’d be getting torn to shreds right now.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’d rather see Alex Lowry playing in the number 10 position than set eyes on Aribo, Arfield or Kamara in there.

Of course he’s not entirely ready but i’m sure vast majority would see it as a work in progress and have patience.

Honestly don't see how anybody can be against the idea right now. He's shown enough promise to get a chance, especially now. 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’d rather see Alex Lowry playing in the number 10 position than set eyes on Aribo, Arfield or Kamara in there.

Of course he’s not entirely ready but i’m sure vast majority would see it as a work in progress and have patience.

It was a fuckin joke to see Diallo on the bench and Lowry not even there........

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Siegrist would seem an obvious (and cheap choice), I don’t think McLaughlin or mccrorie are the long term solutions for keeper or they’d already have taken mcgregors place.

Still think we need better than Siegrist.

We've fucked it now losing the CL money so it will probably have to be someone like him though.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Its between the two of them. Still though, would you trust either of them? Both of them? 

Put it like this, if both were out of contract in a few months both would be leaving.

It’s going to come down to how much it’s going to cost to replace the squad, the manager and his coaching staff and a director of football.

Losing out on champions league money means we can’t do it all (not unless you get amazing fees for our best assets)

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He's correct there though isn't he?

You did say that their fans are far better didn't you?

Ofc I'm correct however this is a tarrier who takes greta joy in people less u fortunate than himself. Absolute tarrier behaviour in my. Ge uinely hope he is never in the position I was left in and had to throw all sense of pride out the window asking strangers for help. 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Still think we need better than Siegrist.

We've fucked it now losing the CL money so it will probably have to be someone like him though.

Yeah, bargain basement again unless we can shift the sellable assets…..if we had done this last summer we could have strengthened overall and probably would be heading towards 56 and guaranteed CL money

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Come on , he inherited a squad that won one single trophy in four years , unheard of for any Rangers manager. He also spent more cash than any other manager on mostly dross who we continue to pay off to get rid of them.

Its amazing that that clown was given 4 years of failure and embarrassments and we want to sack GVB after a few months.

I’d be the last to deny that Gerrard had clear failings despite 55, and I’m not saying GVB inherited a flawless situation. But surely you can’t deny that we were still in a better place than we were in 2018 and were dealing with weaker opposition, or do you really think things were so bad we couldn’t expect better than how this seasons ended up? 

1 minute ago, Bristol loyal said:

He inherited a team that had won the league, and had a 6 point lead. He then was given money to spend in January (£2m for Ramsay, not seen how much for Diallo but he won’t come cheap even if there’s no loan fee and just a % of his wages) and has still managed to turn the lead into trailing by 6 points in half a season.

Its a fucking abysmal record and if he wasn’t an ex player popular with the fans he’d be getting torn to shreds right now.

Gerrard done it for 4 fuckin years and wasted more cash than any other manager. I am not convinced the 2 signings you show here were any of his doing either , which if true is a major problem for him.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Lowry on the bench and on instead of Arfield would have been the bold decision to make.

Criminal it wasn't.

Lowry has the potential and I would lived to have seen him involved today however I think the manager went for experiance over youth. Wrong decision for me 

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Yeah, bargain basement again unless we can shift the sellable assets…..if we had done this last summer we could have strengthened overall and probably would be heading towards 56 and guaranteed CL money

We'll get to take another look at Braga's goalkeeper, and obviously I'm hoping he's honking twice, but he's exactly the type of keeper I'd have wanted us to be looking at (based on admitedly only seeing him a handful of times).

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

I’d be the last to deny that Gerrard had clear failings despite 55, and I’m not saying GVB inherited a flawless situation. But surely you can’t deny that we were still in a better place than we were in 2018 and were dealing with weaker opposition, or do you really think things were so bad we couldn’t expect better than how this seasons ended up? 

Am no on here defending the guy , I agree its not looking good but by fuck the last manager had many more fucks ups and had terrible signings and he was allowed to stay nearly 4 years.

Just now, rabc10000 said:

Lowry has the potential and I would lived to have seen him involved today however I think the manager went for experiance over youth. Wrong decision for me 

Arfield never in a million years was going to come on and win us the game though.

Lowry with his technique and quick feet in and around the box may well have got us back into it. The kid looks more than ready, particularly for 20-30 minute cameos against tired legs.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He did, and the cunt should have been chased for it.

His response was he was 'having a bad week'.

Thats the life in RM. High counting poster who admits to winding cunts up the extent they get banned gets a big slap on the back and a well done. I get a wee bit ratty and snap back and members who like to bring people down and get a fucking ban. Forum is fucked up