Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

You get a scouting team and management team in who know what they are doing.

Aye but even if you do that, then you are bringing them in to fight against a team who is consistently battering everyone else in Scotland who we have just handed £40m to.

Even if we were to get a better scouting team and management, they would be fighting with one hand behind their back now.

Genuinely think we are in for a barren few years now. Fucking scunnered with it.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

They’ll win the league by 10+ points, fuck us out there Scottish Cup and complete a treble too. 

The squad needs a rebuild but that doesn’t necessarily mean Gio is the right person to oversee and trust with it either.

The warning signs about his capability as a manager are already there, just like they were with Caixinha before we entrusted him with millions of pounds to oversee a rebuild we had to dismantle a year later, and I fully expect they will be exposed even further before the end of May.

If celtic win the league by 10+ points and seal a treble (which is the outcome I expect) then neither him, or the majority of these players, can be here next season.

I think that's a certainty and it's unthinkable given where both teams were at the start of the season.

Just now, MARK92GERS said:

For me it’s to early to want him out he hasn’t had a chance to build anything of his own & the recruitment the past 2 years has been piss poor 

So has his.

Some American boy who adds nothing and Diallo who sits on the bench.

Fuck giving him what little funds we have. End up with about 5 Defensive midfielders 

Just now, MARK92GERS said:

For me it’s to early to want him out he hasn’t had a chance to build anything of his own & the recruitment the past 2 years has been piss poor 

He’s not beating celtic

And because he can’t do that, he won’t be successful

Clock’s ticking

The thing that irks me most is they were a fucking shambles -no DOF set-up, no manager, no team  yet they invested big from player sales which is fair enough.

How then in January are they then better prepared for that window and sign players who can play right away yet us, with a DOF model are scraping about at last minute for two loans.

From board level to playing field they’ve wanted it more the whole season.

Absolutely shameful and heads must roll.

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Gio inherited a team of irratic players.

The league title looked shaky when Gerrard fucked off. We all know that. Do you agree? 

We all know you don't rate Gio. 

The board aren't going to sack a man who has us thriving in Europe. 

Didn't do it with Gerrard sure to fuck won't do it with Gio who has surpassed all our expectations in Europe.

I am fucking scunnered we didn't win, but not going to call for Gio to be sacked 

Cunts on here would have more managers thanks subs FFS.:craphead:

So if we win nothing that will be ok, seems to me like he’s just treading water, there’s no difference in our play, we can dominate but get nothing much to show for it, maybe a bit less domination and a bit more football might work

18 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

What 2 peices of silverware?

Leagues done, 7 points effectively with a game at theirs to come. 

Funny how it's always bad luck when Gio makes a roaring cunt of it....he was made to look a jobber yet again by some goon from a footballing backwater.

The thread is entirely relevant when your manager is punting out Pedro Caxhina numbers.

The no surrender pish won't wash now

Yet another poster who is set on Gio getting sacked.

Very vocal when we get beat but pretty muted when we Excell in Europe.

Each to their own. I am pissed off as much as you mate, not gonna argue with a minority man who wants Gio sacked and has no power to do it.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The thing that irks me most is they were a fucking shambles -no DOF set-up, no manager, no team  yet they invested big from player sales which is fair enough.

How then in January are they then better prepared for that window and sign players who can play right away yet us, with a DOF model are scraping about at last minute for two loans.

Abaolutely shameful and heads must roll.

Yip even if Gio ends up leaving then somebody else higher up the chain also needs to pay the price for this season too and it should be Ross Wilson.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

So if we win nothing that will be ok, seems to me like he’s just treading water, there’s no difference in our play, we can dominate but get nothing much to show for it, maybe a bit less domination and a bit more football might work

He will be here at the start of next season. You kidding yourself on?

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Yet another poster who is set on Gio getting sacked.

Very vocal when we get beat but pretty muted when we Excell in Europe.

Each to their own. I am pissed off as much as you mate, not gonna argue with a minority man who wants Gio sacked and has no power to do it.

Of course folk aint gonna be in a post match thread where we have progressed in Europe demanding the manager goes.

Its the fucking game either side of it when we are drawing with Dundee UTD or getting scudded off the nonces that you tend to be more pissed off.

The years of taking time to build and accepting things might not click for a year or two have been already under Gerrard

It doesn’t matter a fuck if he hasn’t got his own players, it was a bare minimum expectation for him to win the league

He’s failed, in catastrophic capitulation, and they’re marching with ease to a treble

We’re kidding ourselves on if we think we’re winning the Europa League without Morelos, it’s a matter of time until the doors ready for Giovanni to walk

7 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Gio inherited a team of irratic players.

The league title looked shaky when Gerrard fucked off. We all know that. Do you agree? 

We all know you don't rate Gio. 

The board aren't going to sack a man who has us thriving in Europe. 

Didn't do it with Gerrard sure to fuck won't do it with Gio who has surpassed all our expectations in Europe.

I am fucking scunnered we didn't win, but not going to call for Gio to be sacked 

Cunts on here would have more managers thanks subs FFS.:craphead:

Also just to add. 

A lot of players that were here for Gerrard,  Ones who's contacts are expiring and also a few looking at retirement. 

It's a limited squad,  Provlem is, he didn't come in and say only those wanting to stay and play will play every week. 

Just served up the same, players dropped the next game for the regulars regardless of how they played. Tactics not changing to defeat the opponent etc. 

I personally don't think Gio is the answer domestically and neither is a fair chunk of the squad. 

We move on but.

Let's get pished and forget it.

Clear out required:

mcgregor - end of contract

tav - likely to stay as club captain and no other option following sale of patterson

bassey - keep

Lundstram - keep

Helander - sell

Goldson - unlikely to sign new deal anyway

Hagi - sell

Jack - if he can stay fit keep

Diallo - end of loan

Davis - end of contract

Itten -sell

kent - sell if we can get good money

Simpson - sell (if anyone will have him)

ramsey - end of loan, do not buy

Aribo - sell

kamara- sell

Sands - terminate loan

morelos - may have to sell

Zukowski - hasn’t had an opportunity

Wright - sell

Ofoborh - Prodan Mk II, sell if possible 

Roofe - sell

Balogun - end of contract

Mccrorie - sell if he’s not up to it or play him now in place of mcgregor

Sakala - sell

Barisic - sell

mclaughlin - sell if he’s not up to it or play him now in place of mcgregor

Arfield - end of contract

mccann - give him a run of games

lowry- give him a run of games

king - give him a run of games

season is dead rubber as far as the league is concerned, no way we win all remaining 6 games and they lose to us, another team and draw.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He will be here at the start of next season. You kidding yourself on?

I’m not saying he won’t mate, he has a team of talented footballers but they don’t seem to me to play as a unit, they more often than not have no positional sense just go through the motions