Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

It's probably going against the majority here, but the season can still be salvaged to some extent, therefore I wouldn't start the Gio out chat yet. 

At least see how we get on in the cups first.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Am no on here defending the guy , I agree its not looking good but by fuck the last manager had many more fucks ups and had terrible signings and he was allowed to stay nearly 4 years.

I guess it’s because Gerrard took over from Pedro/murty whereas Gio has inherited a league winning squad and has overseen a 12 point swing in 3 months

Just now, STRUTH82 said:

It's probably going against the majority here, but the season can still be salvaged to some extent, therefore I wouldn't start the Gio out chat yet. 

I'd agree with that. He gets the season for me, would be madness to get rid still in two cups.

If he's dumped out of both then he has to go.

1 minute ago, STRUTH82 said:

Cup 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Guys a loser.

Let's a jobber own him and us, unacceptable and I couldn't give a flying fuck about some Europa results that mean fuck all at the end of the season.

Our board and Gio have ruined our season and the next dozen too now.

Wankers

The next dozen what?

37 minutes ago, The Beast said:

So much of this season can be traced directly back to Malmö. If we'd have won that tie it's pretty certain funds for improvement would have been available. We've being paying for that fuck up ever since.

Disagree to an extent. There should have been a plan b in place. We are a shambles at all levels at the moment. We need someone in the boardroom that actually knows how to run a football club. 

4 minutes ago, Rlm said:

Wud you take the sc and europa final?....thoughts? Coz I know barring a monumental collapse it's over league wise.

No trust in our defense for either tbh. Literally every time we concede a corner or try to defend a cross ball you're fearing the worst.

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Arfield never in a million years was going to come on and win us the game though.

Lowry with his technique and quick feet in and around the box may well have got us back into it. The kid looks more than ready, particularly for 20-30 minute cameos against tired legs.

Will never understand why Lowry isn't on that bench today, it's piss poor. I used to/do read the @Elfideldoreports on the B team etc and Lowry name was always mentioned, whether it be assists, goals or having a good game.

The boy has talent, but will be another one that leaves for peanuts because he's not been given a chance. We sign loanees like Diallo that are pish though :headwall:

Just now, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Will never understand why Lowry isn't on that bench today, it's piss poor. I used to/do read the @Elfideldoreports on the B team and Lowry name was always mentioned, whether it be assists, goals or having a good game.

The boy has talent, but will be another one that leaves for peanuts because he's not been given a chance. We sign loanees like Diallo that are pish though :headwall:

It was bizarre and we will end up losing him as well.

We're going to have to pay millions in compensation to get rid of Gio and his backroom team. We're already in a position where we're going to have to choose to between being sustainable and not be competitive on the park or be reckless in pursuit of the Champions League again, putting the club at serious risk. We are not sustainable and it should worry every Rangers fan. This season was about much more than bragging rights and the trophy.

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

They are certainly shite bags and the players carry the cam too but sadly we can't sack them all.

I've seen nothing domestically from Gio to say he can manage us to silverware, in the biggest games he doesn't change anything when it's required. He sets us up defensively against utter pish in the league and when he finally does make changes it comes far too late. 

When he said after we got battered at the peado dome that games against them won't decide the title he dug his own grave. They have settled it and he's been done on them.

We have no money and what little we get to spend after the sales of Morelos, Kent, Aribo and Kamara will need to be spent in a way they did in the summer. He's already brought in the American boy who looks like any other mid table SPL jobber and Diallo who is polishing the bench.

With Gios way of defensive football it would be a disaster to let him spend what little we have on those types of players.

We got it wrong, panicked and moved quick to replace Gerrard and done it on the back of his past with us and standing in the game hoping it would work. He was managing in the other side of the world for a reason, he's not a good coach.

We can stick by him and watch it all go to shit because its the right thing to do in some peoples eyes but it will kill us off for another season or two.

We dont have time and we don't have money. Its very bleak  

The team were already playing piss poor football before Gio came in. We were dumped out of the champions league, scraped through the europa qualifier, staring at an exit from group stages and lost 1 and drawn 3 from 13 league games before he left. The fact we were ahead was because they started the season shite and let us get ahead as they had lost 3 and drawn 2, since then they have only drawn 2 games where we have continued with our indifferent form. 

I'm not saying Gio is going to turn things around because it does worry me that he just doesn't come across as motivational like Gerrard did but he needs time to bring his own players in with whatever budget he may have or have to generate. 

Also why do we need to sell Kamara? I see people saying this all the time. 

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Thats the life in RM. High counting poster who admits to winding cunts up the extent they get banned gets a big slap on the back and a well done. I get a wee bit ratty and snap back and members who like to bring people down and get a fucking ban. Forum is fucked up 

Not really the thread for this but in fairness mate I can't defend some of the absolutely crazy pish you have come out with and you deserve the stick you got for that, albeit I don't necessarily think you have badness running through you.

36 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He was brought in as a replacement to Gerrard.

The model we use is for a manager to come in and run with the existing squad, exactly so we dont have to rebuild the entire squad every time a new manager comes in. We have stated this.

He knew there was not going to be a massive rebuild where he gets his own team. He took the job knowing that he was saying he could do it with the team he was inheriting. 

Sure, this means that the failure is also with the board/DOF, but mostly with GVB who has not lived up to his end of it.

Has gio not lived up to it, or are the players reverting to the norm that they showed with gerrard pre covid 

Thia squad has shown time and again under two managers that it will lose more than it will win when it comes to pressure games that they must win, our cup record is testament to that

Maybe gio will be the same style as gerrard, but surely get should be allowed to bring his own players in, he might spot the winning mentality in new players that gerrard and co couldn't 

Thrown the league away.  We look so weak at the back we trudge forward we don't break on teams we did well for 2 minutes and then threw it away just like our season. Too many passengers and not enough go to men in our team. GVB can't take all the blame as the usual suspects on the park accepted defeat today. GVB whilst getting a decent run in Europe has failed domestically whether he gets until the start of next year I don't know the cost of replacing him will keep him in position and I can't see the board listening to the fans anyway.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not really the thread for this but in fairness mate I can't defend some of the absolutely crazy pish you have come out with and you deserve the stick you got for that, albeit I don't necessarily think you have badness running through you.

Agree not the thread at all, but usual with cunts pushing people's buttons then running crying when they get shit back and I will continue to do so until my inevitable ban comes,shame the admin are so incompetent at their job. 

On topic I was 100% behind gios appointment but the more we play I really can't see what he offers or where we are going forward. While Europe has been great but bar a minor miracle we will end up with nothing this season and a massive overhaul to oversee as well

21 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

They are certainly shite bags and the players carry the cam too but sadly we can't sack them all.

I've seen nothing domestically from Gio to say he can manage us to silverware, in the biggest games he doesn't change anything when it's required. He sets us up defensively against utter pish in the league and when he finally does make changes it comes far too late. 

When he said after we got battered at the peado dome that games against them won't decide the title he dug his own grave. They have settled it and he's been done on them.

We have no money and what little we get to spend after the sales of Morelos, Kent, Aribo and Kamara will need to be spent in a way they did in the summer. He's already brought in the American boy who looks like any other mid table SPL jobber and Diallo who is polishing the bench.

With Gios way of defensive football it would be a disaster to let him spend what little we have on those types of players.

We got it wrong, panicked and moved quick to replace Gerrard and done it on the back of his past with us and standing in the game hoping it would work. He was managing in the other side of the world for a reason, he's not a good coach.

We can stick by him and watch it all go to shit because its the right thing to do in some peoples eyes but it will kill us off for another season or two.

We dont have time and we don't have money. Its very bleak  

See the "setting us up defensively" ive never understood that, gerrard played 3 sitting mids every domestic game, gio plays two, today our attacking options were tav, bassey, ramsey, aribo, kent, roofe, 6 oit of 10 players who'll attack more than defend, thats not defensive

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Has gio not lived up to it, or are the players reverting to the norm that they showed with gerrard pre covid 

Thia squad has shown time and again under two managers that it will lose more than it will win when it comes to pressure games that they must win, our cup record is testament to that

Maybe gio will be the same style as gerrard, but surely get should be allowed to bring his own players in, he might spot the winning mentality in new players that gerrard and co couldn't 

Problem is Jim , theres going to be zero cash for him now. No chance that defence is winning any trophy this or any other year.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Nope not for me.

Think we are probably showing less under Gio than we ever did under Gerrard.

At least under Gerard there always seemed to be hope of progression. With Gio its like a fucking panic attack. A constant state of impending doom.

Just dont see it with the guy at all. And there is absolutely zero fucking passion with him.

5 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Will never understand why Lowry isn't on that bench today, it's piss poor. I used to/do read the @Elfideldoreports on the B team etc and Lowry name was always mentioned, whether it be assists, goals or having a good game.

Lowry looks good but from what I’ve read from Elfidelo about the lowland standard it isn’t convincing. Not sure if McCann or any other B players will make it.

22 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

:alfie:

Wonder why he thinks it’s not over, 6 points and far better GD.

It always used to be the case that those who won the most OF games would likely be league winners, the scum are doing that.

Who does he think will beat them twice while we (don’t laugh) keep on winning 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

See the "setting us up defensively" ive never understood that, gerrard played 3 sitting mids every domestic game, gio plays two, today our attacking options were tav, bassey, ramsey, aribo, kent, roofe, 6 oit of 10 players who'll attack more than defend, thats not defensive

Gerrard got results with it and a title, Gio doesn't. That's the difference. 

We had zero up front today and he let it go far too long and when changes did come he took of a goal scorer and one of the most creative players on the park.

He's clueless 

5 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I watched the Rangers youth game against sevilla where they got beat 1 nil and tbh was a more comfortable win than the scoreline suggests as sevilla youth team looked like men compared to our lads. All the talk before the game was about Carlos alvarez who was very good but lowry was also very impressive and these 2 stood out a mile. 

Lowry has a bright future and we need to include him in every squad from now till the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Wonder why he thinks it’s not over, 6 points and far better GD.

It always used to be the case that those who won the most OF games would likely be league winners, the scum are doing that.

Who does he think will beat them twice while we (don’t laugh) keep on winning 

Ummmm ummmmm ummmmm

How is he inspiring anyone in that dressing room?