Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I said 3 league games out of 4 if we lose at Parkhead on 3rd.

Can you not read?

No you said if he loses the next of game he’s lost 3 in a row mate, I can read fine, i think you’re memory might be an issue though

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Nup.

Nup? You said if we lose he’s lost the last 3 old firm games. Ffs mate you made a cunt of it, dont make a further cunt of yourself tryin to lie yer way out of it :confused::lol:

edit; last 3 league games just to be clear. Skipping past the Semi Final which is baffling but fair enough. Clearly said last 3 league games.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And hibs had one shot off target at home in 45mins, they had a third of posession as well

If you don't think that us having 66% of the ball with 6 efforts in a half away from home is dominating then fuck knows what you want us to do to dominate, hibs werent close to us in the first half, we just couldn't create clear cut chances 

If you think that was an acceptable first half performance against a shite team with a new rookie manager then you need to give yourself a good shake, we have been shite every game this season in the first half, maybe except the PSV game, his boring methodical style of play is piss poor, and since you like stats look at how many goals we have conceded from set pieces and cross balls since he came in, it cost us the League and probably the Europa as well and more than likely the chance of CL this year after Tuesdays defensive shambles as well. 

4 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Still mental Gio’s taking the blame for this from some. First half was meh but we came out looking better second half, scored a good goal and Hibs were more open then the ref turned the full game to shit and we still nearly held on for a win 

He sets the team up wrong today, then in post match he is as passive as the team was, 100% he should be calling out the lundstrum red and even querying whether Morelos went for his name and would a Hibs player have walked for that. But no, go on about the feisty nature of the game.

He's a shithouse when you need him to come out swinging on and off the pitch.

1 minute ago, the old guard said:

If you think that was an acceptable first half performance against a shite team with a new rookie manager then you need to give yourself a good shake, we have been shite every game this season in the first half, maybe except the PSV game, his boring methodical style of play is piss poor, and since you like stats look at how many goals we have conceded from set pieces and cross balls since he came in, it cost us the League and probably the Europa as well and more than likely the chance of CL this year after Tuesdays defensive shambles as well. 

We never conceded from a set piece in the europa final, 

And if you dont think that todays result was due to two red cards then thats up to you, odds were at 2-1 if we keep 11 men on the park we score again, and likely win the game, and if the hibs boy doesnt score at the end we win for only something like the 3rd time at easter road in 4 years, 

Hibs werent in the game at half time, absolutely no where near us, 

Just now, stevemac said:

He sets the team up wrong today, then in post match he is as passive as the team was, 100% he should be calling out the lundstrum red and even querying whether Morelos went for his name and would a Hibs player have walked for that. But no, go on about the feisty nature of the game.

And what good will it do to come out swinging, gerrard came out swinging after his first league game when morelos was sent off, howd that work out for him regarding ref decisions

1 minute ago, stevemac said:

It’s not his style and we all know it doesn’t make one bit of difference here anyway. As far as I remember all Gerrard got from calling out refs was a touch line ban and still loads of shite decisions against us 

I’m not even sure he disagreed with Morelos sending off, from his comments mid week and post game today I think he’s fed up with him 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Not sure how that’s Gios fault today. Two red cards ruined us 

its not his fault today but its worrying that the style of football getting served up is boring, slow and predictable. the players are much better but IMO their being held back by Gios style. i thought we were just having a slow start to season but i think thats what were going to get under Gio. its his style. i hope to be proved wrong. 

2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

He set the team up wrong, yet their manager openly admits he changed his set up with two subs because of how much control we had. 

24 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Doesn't have it. Said it last season too.

His away record in Scotland isn't good enough. He set us up all wrong today 

We are in for a sobering month ahead.

Too defensive. Add to that the crap Ross Wilson has signed. We have been bang average so far and suspect you are correct.

1 minute ago, AGM_72 said:

He set the team up wrong, yet their manager openly admits he changed his set up with two subs because of how much control we had. 

we had a lot of % of the ball but thats easy to do when you spend 5 minutes fannying about having a kickabout around the backline. We created next to fuck all in the opening 45 minutes with 66% possession 

15 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Nup.

Offft mate that memory of your is worse than I thought! 
Not only can you not remember saying that, you can’t remember editing your post to correct yourself either!!!:craphead:

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I admit i edited it.

if he loses at Parkhead to go 5 behind them after 6 games then the fans will turn on him.

His style in SPL, especially away from home  is passive, boring and will lose him his job.

Be interesting to see the away result stats since end of January.

It’ll be more interesting to see his away result this week.