Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

14 minutes ago, King Jela said:

If he's used USG to decide Matondo wasn't the best option last night then what game from Wright this season made him think he was the best option? because he's genuinely been pish in every single game we've played in and was stinking last season when the level was higher in Europe too. 

I didn't understand it then and I don't understand it now. Arfield would have been a far better option than Wright. 

Probably used Leipzig...

8 hours ago, King Jela said:

If he's used USG to decide Matondo wasn't the best option last night then what game from Wright this season made him think he was the best option? because he's genuinely been pish in every single game we've played in and was stinking last season when the level was higher in Europe too. 

I didn't understand it then and I don't understand it now. Arfield would have been a far better option than Wright. 

Arfield isnt someone who'll either take the ball and run 40 yards into space with it, or able to turn the last line and chase a ball over the top, when you're pressed into your own box arfield would drop you deeper as he comes short to link up

Morelos was needed to hold the ball up and someone to run off him, however both goals we conceded were just shit set pieces, they had less of the ball all game and only 4 shots on target (two of them us being shit at the back for set pieces) so in reality his line up and set up was working, we were creating more chances until the latter stages of the game, hard to make too many changes when you are in that position

14 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

As evidence he can play in Europe, what else?

I can't remember him having a particularly special game. In fact I remember quite the opposite. 

I'd be worried about his judgement if he's using a game from 4 months ago to decide who to put in when he's been pish in almost every game since that. 

3 hours ago, King Jela said:

I can't remember him having a particularly special game. In fact I remember quite the opposite. 

I'd be worried about his judgement if he's using a game from 4 months ago to decide who to put in when he's been pish in almost every game since that. 

The game were he started off our goal? You'd be worried about his judgement about a game from the end of last season? Aye ok, why do you think most of the players started this season?

4 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

The game were he started off our goal? You'd be worried about his judgement about a game from the end of last season? Aye ok, why do you think most of the players started this season?

So he was involved in a decent move which means he can do it in Europe. The rest of that game, Braga and Frankfurt don't prove that he absolutely cannot do it at this level but that one move does? Na. 

7 minutes ago, King Jela said:

So he was involved in a decent move which means he can do it in Europe. The rest of that game, Braga and Frankfurt don't prove that he absolutely cannot do it at this level but that one move does? Na. 

Gio obviously sees it differently than you, I'm inclined to take on what he thinks over your expertise. He's not a world beater but he's a fine bench option. Certainly a more solid option than Matondo when you want to keep a structure.

Europa Final he was one of the only positives in that first half! Clearly have it out for Wright and that's all.

16 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Gio obviously sees it differently than you, I'm inclined to take on what he thinks over your expertise. He's not a world beater but he's a fine bench option. Certainly a more solid option than Matondo when you want to keep a structure.

Europa Final he was one of the only positives in that first half! Clearly have it out for Wright and that's all.

Oh piss off with that tactic of shutting the conversation down by throwing it under the 'you just don't like the guy' blanket. 

I praised him plenty after the Scottish Cup final, for example. 

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Oh piss off with that tactic of shutting the conversation down by throwing it under the 'you just don't like the guy' blanket. 

I praised him plenty after the Scottish Cup final, for example. 

Well you're saying he never played well against Frankfurt which was a lie... Any time I've said what he offers your reply has been aye but he's shite.

I have to say.. I dont see what he is trying to do. Its like last season when he changed things after a few games.. he saw it wasnt working and went back to tactics that worked for us before. He has done the same now. We arent playing well.. we are keeping possession, but we arent creating chances like we should. How many clear cut chances are we seeing?? 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Still no visible style of play under him and relying on moments in matches. He’s far too defensive minded in the SPL games.

Loses at the Knew Camp and questions will be rightly asked.

We will be 5 points behind if we lose and with his negative tactics and another point for gd. We cannot lose that if we are to win the title probably.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Really?

His teams are boring as fuck. Absolutely no style or substance and i’ve never seen a more one paced squad of players in my life.

Not after today's game, for me. Far too many things out of his control that killed us.

Thought we were fine first half, composure and decision making prevented us from taking the lead before the first goal.

Second half is utter chaos. 

5 minutes ago, johanvanhentze said:

I have to say.. I dont see what he is trying to do. Its like last season when he changed things after a few games.. he saw it wasnt working and went back to tactics that worked for us before. He has done the same now. We arent playing well.. we are keeping possession, but we arent creating chances like we should. How many clear cut chances are we seeing?? 

We had chances, players being retards and not shooting is the problem

Just now, AGM_72 said:

Not after today's game, for me. Far too many things out of his control that killed us.

Thought we were fine first half, composure and decision making prevented us from taking the lead before the first goal.

Second half is utter chaos. 

The first half was diabolical and just like most of the games under him.