Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The result at Parkhead didn't cost us the league last year. Dropping points to Motherwell, Hearts, Aberdeen, Ross County and Dundee United are what cost us the league and they all came from a stale squad that needed work done after 55, which the board/Gerrard refused. 

We've spent £10 million this summer while the fat man's spending is over 40 million. 

Don't wanna derail the thread GVB costs us the league not Gerrard mate 

Just now, KingKirk said:

Don't wanna derail the thread GVB costs us the league not Gerrard mate 

I didn't blame Gerrard for costing us the league. 

I blamed him for not improving the squad after winning the league. 

Dunno how you're getting confused by that. 

19 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Gio won't be winning us any league, everyone has seen his boring, ultra defensive football and hoped that it would eventually bring us results, it won't, wouldn't be surprised if we got a draw against Ajax, the we'll go to Aberdeen and drop points, playing defensive football against absolute garbage. 

Funny thing is our defence is shite anyway 

16 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

You know shits bad when Bronzy, who’s usually the most optimistic of optimists, is having doubts 😞 

He really should have learnt by now, it’s not like he’s only been here a few months, he’s had almost a year in charge and yet we’re still so turgid in the league.

18 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

His brand is honking for our league. Teams have us sussed and we pay them far too much respect.

Aye but teams in Europe worry about us mate. It’s fucking soul destroying what happens to us in our domestic league. Mind numbing!

19 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

We are stuck with Gio just as we were stuck with SG.  The business figures dictate the situation. We have a long season ahead again

If things don't change the fans will be vocal and change will happen because the board will not want to carry the can and take the Bullet. 

Unthinkable we drop points meet weekend but based on recent showings it wouldn't be a surprise.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I continued backing Gerrard long after many were screaming for him to be sacked. I saw us progressing (not as quick as I'd hoped tbf) and felt we could win the league with him in charge.

With this squad and manager we're regressing. The league will run away from us if we can't at least equal their points on a weekly basis until the next OF game. 

He's in a precarious position and I don't think he'll survive it, especially when it seems many of the players aren't giving their all.

Never seen any signs of us being capable of winning the title under Gio. We don't have the mentality for it with his style of football. 

All we will do is let them get further ahead of us the longer he stays and will need another Gerrard revolution to change it...by the time that comes they will have overtaken our trophy haul.

Can't be fucked waiting about for the inevitable.

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He does have credit for European performances and the Scottish Cup win. 

But he also has 1 league collapse under his belt already and is now 5 points behind this season. 

The board won't sack him anytime soon. 

But if that gap starts to get any bigger the credit he has runs out quickly and fan support turns on him. 

I so want Gio to be successful but I am concerned after this game today, (which I did not manage to see due to WiFi rather than RTV I think) he seems to be able to get players up for European games but going by what I have read here hardly any player was fighting to beat these cunts.

We have two difficult games in the league away to the 🐑 and Hearts, if they go wrong then I will be really worried about Gio. ☹️

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Never seen any signs of us being capable of winning the title under Gio. We don't have the mentality for it with his style of football. 

All we will do is let them get further ahead of us the longer he stays and will need another Gerrard revolution to change it...by the time that comes they will have overtaken our trophy haul.

Here here good sir 

8 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

this is the thing have just watched his post match interview again, he doesnt seem to get it/ he doesnt seem too bothered. Complete emotionless which as a former player here im baffled. Gerrard would have been fuming and shown the hurt and respect to the fans.