Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

3 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I’m sure someone like Bielsa or Rebrov could come in at this point.

Would they take it knowing a draw and a defeat will get them the sack? Or would you say it would be mental to sack a manager 6 games into the season after a draw and a defeat?

39 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I get were all hurting but I find it mental that people think we should replace the manager 6 games into the season and believe it will do us good.

Let's be honest we know gio isn't getting sacked now. 

He's now got to show he can alter things domestically and start getting better results especially away from home. 

If he contines sticking to his current set-up and falls further behind, then some tough decisions need to be made. 

For me barring a complete and total collapse. I'd be looking at where we are come the winter world cup break. If by then we're miles away still then start thinking about a new manager. Time to get someone in and working with the squad before season resumes.

If Gio doesnt get 6 points at Sheep and Hearts then he has to walk. He knows it’s not good enough. Europe aside, old firm aside, major problems if we don’t get 6/9 from those 3 away. Scum, sheep, hearts. He’s already lost one 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Let's be honest we know gio isn't getting sacked now. 

He's now got to show he can alter things domestically and start getting better results especially away from home. 

If he contines sticking to his current set-up and falls further behind, then some tough decisions need to be made. 

I'd agree with that mostly. I do think he is an adaptive manager to an extent. Or instance I think he soon realised this season that two holding mids is a holding mid too much against most SPL teams. Since Livingston we switched to one.holdiing mid and looked far better. He now needs to adapt to beating them and competing better. 

Listen, there is absolutely nothing to be achieved from paying off GVB and his team at this time. That could cost a fortune and, let’s be honest, more or less negate the income made from the EL run last year.

Whoever comes in would also need to work with the players that are already there- and all we will have for the next few months is people saying “wait until he builds his own squad” and “the January window is very hard to get quality.” 

Add into the fact that realistically, nobody is available and our board wouldn’t pay the buyout for a top level manager.

47 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I get were all hurting but I find it mental that people think we should replace the manager 6 games into the season and believe it will do us good.

He had last season as well to show us what he could do domestically.

Fuck all.

He's done very well for us in Europe, but never good enough domestically. Better to change early on than mid-late season while we still have a chance to improve and challenge at least.

Two very different managers with different styles, bielsa would have us working harder and being a much more attacking side, similar in style to what ange has with them, but obviously the better coach.

Sean dyche would at least make us hard to beat, grind out results in a more walter-esque style. Both are still out of work and neither I think would be outside our reach financially.

Considering what we've banked we aren't in a position where we can't afford to pay off the management team either.

23 minutes ago, King Jela said:

And bring in who? 

I know I'll get pelters for this but Jack Ross just needs the right chance and he'll be up there with the best Scottish managers ever. And he feckin hates Neale Cooper - good enough for me!

42 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Take away having any personal nastiness towards the manager, because we all know he cares:

Do you really, honestly believe he wins us the league now?

Na.

So let’s cut it short and move forward.

I still think Gio can do it.

Early days and as scunnered as I feel, we can get better.l. Whole lot of football to be played yet mate. 

We lost 3 points away from home, but have loads of games to rectify that.

Gio will be given up to the world Cup break imo and then if the board thinks we need to change that's when it will happen. He's got a cup winners medal, el final and champions league qualification keeping him in a job just now. Hopefully the team has a drastic turn around like the last time. 

19 minutes ago, Yousayamato said:

I know I'll get pelters for this but Jack Ross just needs the right chance and he'll be up there with the best Scottish managers ever. And he feckin hates Neale Cooper - good enough for me!

That's the dumbest shit I've read in my life.

20 minutes ago, Yousayamato said:

Surely to fuck somebody else is offended by this as me? Someone must be watching this guy?!

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Nobody knows that. I'm no gonna try and point to any positives about players coming back or him changing or anything after that today, but it's far too early to react by getting shot of the manager.

I agree. Gio deserves a shot at a season with his signings. 

Hope to fuck it works out. 

47 minutes ago, Yousayamato said:

I mean tell me you're a bead rattling bastard without saying you're a bead rattling bastard.

1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

I’m sure someone like Bielsa or Rebrov could come in at this point.

Rebrov is potentially a good shout, no convinced about Bielsa if we're talking about winning league titles. 

What's the sale's pitch though? Its all well and good suggesting manager but it's not a good look punting Gio after a European cup final, Scottish cup and Champions league qualification. Then if you've no lost them after explaining that then you need to convince them to take the job of competing with the scum with significantly less of a budget than they have. 

Which is why it's not happening. My preffered choice before Gio was Knutsen. I think he would have been quality. 

51 minutes ago, Yousayamato said:

Your greatest ever manager covered up a pedophile ring mate.