Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

8 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I expect my manager to not chuck the fucking towel in after 1 game and not to set us up to concede 8 goals in 2 games with no come back.

Its Rangers for fuck sake, get your standards in line.

Set the team up extremely negative and still concede 8 goals takes some doing.

6 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Time to go cos we lost to the pot 1 team away in the champions league?

A team that took our best defender of us for £25m.

Ajax were superb and yes Saturday has put him under pressure for Aberdeen but sacking for losing away in the champions league is laughable.

I knew this would happen did people really expect us to win away from home in these games?

No, but showing some pride and fight would help, maybe even the odd shot on goal. The majority of our league performances this season have been terrible and the last 2 games have been nothing short of disgraceful.

12 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Anything less than 3-0 to us on saturday and hes away imo. I actually think he'll chuck it tonight but theres no point going into a game against the sheep without a manager  

Go now for me nate

3 minutes ago, Bydo said:

GVB’s exact words:

"If you look at all the squads we’re facing now, look at Ajax they sold [players this summer] for over 200 million, Liverpool as well. 

"For us to compete with them, for us it’s too much to ask. We want to compete but we want to compete with the squad we have and the squad we are able and capable in making.”

A scandalous thing to fucking say to your fans.

By 'compete' in the context of what he's actually said there I think it's clear he's meaning be expected to 'beat'.

4 minutes ago, Bydo said:

GVB’s exact words:

"If you look at all the squads we’re facing now, look at Ajax they sold [players this summer] for over 200 million, Liverpool as well. 

"For us to compete with them, for us it’s too much to ask. We want to compete but we want to compete with the squad we have and the squad we are able and capable in making.”

£330 out ma account last week. For that shite 

15 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Again, what you expect him to say. Scott Parker said what he really thought and got his jotters next day.

Some cunts are absolute clueless.

Aye Gio is chief clueless cunt. If he had any backbone he would’ve called the board out for not spending any of the CL money. Post PSV he said he expected it to mean more signings. Changed his tune once the board told him to toe the party line. He’s a fucking a yes man. 

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

You seem to be sound to slate the guy who got us to penalties away, you’re now digging him out over a squad of cunts who have continued to let us down from not making SC semi finals under Gerrard, bottling cups in 55 season and collapsing after every January.

Collective clusterfuck but he absolutely shouldn’t, as manager, be saying that after one game from 6.  It’s a manager thing to try and get the best from what you have.  That message tells them they’re not good enough a game in.  Terrible comments if that’s what he said.

3 minutes ago, Bydo said:

GVB’s exact words:

That is absolutely scandalous to come out with in public.  Similar to Tav's interview in the match program a while back.

Defeated before a baw is kicked.  Genuinely think the players have had enough of his defeatist tactics, but they're also to blame.

Gio might be working his ticket. He is preserving face by saying we need to spend millions.

He will fear being further humiliated by an unknown aussie whilst simultaneously losing his “good in Europe” safety net.

If we drop point to the sheep (and I wouldn’t bet against it) I have no idea how he can stay.

The filth’s manager has them believing they are a great team and has drilled a belief and philosophy into them. Our manager has….. conceded defeat in the CL already.

It is no shame to lose to Ajax and the filth - better Rangers teams have done so - but the manner of the defeats on the lack of positives is what really stings.

I do wonder though if we’d all feel the same about Gio if the filth were absolutely stumbling to wins in the league.

36 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Which comes down to the fucking board.

The squad is so stale just look at the team tonight it’s still mostly Gerrards team 

Changes should have been made gradually over the past three or four windows. This team has stagnated horribly and this season could be a complete and utter farce.

4 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

What does that even mean? Dortmund sold the best player in the world this summer and we beat them home and away a few months back. 

He wasn’t playing 

Also if you go for big money to another team it’s a step up in quality

eg would you be surprised if Man City beat Dortmund 4-0?

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

As I said we sold a player to them for £25m how can we realistically compete with that

If we played with some intensity we could have competed better from a physical and athletic perspective even if we are not technically as good. That part of our game was non existent. The stupid mistakes as well that we make and poor defending at corners is nothing new and nothing to do with the fact we 'can't compete". I get what your saying don't get me wrong but I think your missing the big picture about the performance and result tonight.

Just now, SPWF said:

Aye Gio is chief clueless cunt. If he had any backbone he would’ve called the board out for not spending any of the CL money. Post PSV he said he expected it to mean more signings. Changed his tune once the board told him to toe the party line. He’s a fucking a yes man. 

Aye like Parker did and got his jotters next day, you’re on another planet.

Chief clueless cunt 😂 guy who got us to EL final and navigated CL qualifiers is clueless, you heard yourself?

1 minute ago, Drumloyal said:

That is absolutely scandalous to come out with in public.  Similar to Tav's interview in the match program a while back.

Defeated before a baw is kicked.  Genuinely think the players have had enough of his defeatist tactics, but they're also to blame.

Reading it in full I think what he means is we can’t compete financially - comes after bit about transfer fees but it does read like he means we can’t compete on the pitch.

think must mean this because next bit is about wanting to compete

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

By 'compete' in the context of what he's actually said there I think it's clear he's meaning be expected to 'beat'.

Whether he means that or not is absolutely fucking disgusting to us fans to hear.

5 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

What does that even mean? Dortmund sold the best player in the world this summer and we beat them home and away a few months back. 

No they didn’t, and no we didn’t :lol: