Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

6 minutes ago, MadSasa said:

Think this group of players are to blame as well as they have previous for downing tools and along with his poor management will ultimately cost GvB his job.

Thats a key point for me. As much as Gio's tactics can be way too negative and appear to stifle any creativity, we need to look at the players too, many of whom have been here through 2,3, and in some cases 4 managers. 

There needs to be a clearing out and i don't think that Gio leaving sorts the rot 

6 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

I find it hard to understand how a team who went a season unbeaten with one of the fewest goals conceded on record just 16 months ago have completely forgotten how to defend.

No fans to scare the shite out of them when they are expected to win 

8 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Think it needs to happen now mate. From the top to bottom these cunts have spoiled something that the fans thought was going to be special by getting back to the Champions League. They’ve fucked it. 

They’ve got their pot of gold and that’s all that matters unhappy fans is an insignificance.

15 hours ago, Big Al 55 said:

Players don’t respond to that old school style of management anymore.

I think managers like Conte, Simone, Tuchel, Ten Hag etc would disagree. A mix of old and new school can be very successful which Walter completely understood.

1 hour ago, GA1972 said:

We’ve went from Champions League qualification to catastrophe in a few weeks 

What a shit show 

Just 4 months ago we were looking forward to Seville with some confidence.

4 fucking months to this clusterfuck where we don't even put a shift in in games.

Been a Gio fan since day one. After his comments after the Ajax game I can no longer support a manager who has the heart of a mouse. Loser attitude = loser team.

How can he come out with that shit after getting to a Euro final and the Champions League proper Ill never know.

2 minutes ago, JograBear said:

Been a Gio fan since day one. After his comments after the Ajax game I can no longer support a manager who has the heart of a mouse. Loser attitude = loser team.

How can he come out with that shit after getting to a Euro final and the Champions League proper Ill never know.

Tbh I think he badly worded what could have been an acceptable thing to say.

If he'd said that the comp winner typically comes from the rich leagues and richest team then I'd agree. If he'd said that it's difficult but that over 90 mins we can and should compete better than we did against any team then I'd agree.

Plenty takes on it and ways he could have said better what he was trying to say. Just not the way he did which was fucking disgraceful.

4 hours ago, JograBear said:

Aye, by his comment about the money and not being able to compete, it, by the same token should mean we shouldn’t have any team in the league challenging us other than the scum. We should be putting these other teams to the sword home and away. Lost respect for him now. 

22 hours ago, Big Al 55 said:

Players don’t respond to that old school style of management anymore.

That's a myth imo, a minority may not but human nature is human nature, people in all walks of life need leadership and sometimes that needs to be a firm hand, I've never been in the army but I'd imagine a similar type of leadership is not only needed but essential to fulfill duty, now the army is not football but they are both in a team as it were.

27 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

This could all be shite, but I’ve heard there was a board meeting this morning…

Apparently there was a big fallout with Tavernier at half time on Wednesday.. what I’ve heard is either the manager goes or it’s the captain leaving. 

I reckon Gio is done here. 

Someone reads Rangers rumours a bit too much. Presume you will pass on the info that gio is away to take up a role with the Dutch FA as well and that Scott Parker will be our new manager.

3 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Tav was carrying an injury, the rumour was he wasn't even going to start against the taigs, nevermind Ajax.

That's why he came off. 

It wasn't a rumor he didn't manage to start against the taigs or Ajax. He is not good enough to play with an injury. Struggles defensively when playing well and fit although great offensively. An injured Tavernier is as much good as a chocolate teapot. If we have played him while carrying an injury that's poor management.

18 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Someone reads Rangers rumours a bit too much. Presume you will pass on the info that gio is away to take up a role with the Dutch FA as well and that Scott Parker will be our new manager.

19 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Don’t know about Scott Parker. Has he been linked with us? 
i would be very surprised if he was our next manager… 

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Tav has been taken a huge amount of injections to get him through games over the last few weeks and eventually ran himself into the ground on Wednesday

That makes a lot of sense with how he has played. He hasn't been his usual self at all recently. 

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Want us to give Gio more time, but Scott Parker is the type of manager I wouldn't be against if we end up having to make a change.

He’s done the square root of fuck all in football. Couldn’t get a tune out of Mitrovic who has scored 49 goals in 50 league games since Fulham sacked Parker. Just been sacked for losing 9-0 and starting a verbal war with his board. Get that idea straight in the bin.