Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

33 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

I can’t see it tbh he’ll be here until the end of the season let’s not kid ourselves 

Not quite the end of the season. They will give him till february when its mathematically fucked. They will say they that they are giving him a chance to turn it round with players back from injury. We will go from february to the end of the season with an interim manager. All because they have absolutely no clue as to what to do next.

We needed to rebuild the squad in the summer of 2021, and it didn't happen.  We needed to rebuild the squad in the summer of 2022, and it didn't happen.  We now need to say farewell to GvB and his backroom team.  Will it happen?  I hope so, but have the feeling that he'll still be in place for the Hibs game. 

This waiting and constantly refreshing is more exciting than watching us play these days. 

Something has to give surely, imagine how deflated we are going to be if this rolls on into tomorrow or knowing our board next week. If he was staying I would have expected some kind of statement of support by now - especially since papers now have live feeds covering it.

8 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Not quite the end of the season. They will give him till february when its mathematically fucked. They will say they that they are giving him a chance to turn it round with players back from injury. We will go from february to the end of the season with an interim manager. All because they have absolutely no clue as to what to do next.

This seems very likely, I think.

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

It's criminal if Gio is sacked and Wilson stays btw. I genuinely hate him.

No chance both go imo.

If anyone is losing their job it will be GVB and his backroom team. Wilson isnt blameless, far from it, but its not Wilsons job to get players playing to the basic standard of a professional footballer. I mean in Scotland the very basics you need is to make sure your team match the opponents in desire and GVB has even sapped that from this lot. 

14 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

He will be away 

Gio dosent  get the best out of the squad of players he has ,that is totally on him.If some aren’t good enough they shouldn’t be included in the squad.If some of them haven’t signed good deals out in front of them they should also not be played.

Ross Wilson should be fired on Davis,Arfield and Shagger new deals and signing Helander,Souttar and to a lesser extent Roofe

11 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

No chance both go imo.

If anyone is losing their job it will be GVB and his backroom team. Wilson isnt blameless, far from it, but its not Wilsons job to get players playing to the basic standard of a professional footballer. I mean in Scotland the very basics you need is to make sure your team match the opponents in desire and GVB has even sapped that from this lot. 

It’s his job to sign players good enough that can play and not spend their time injured constantly.

25 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Absolutely no point waiting until we hit the iceberg before at least trying to turn.

If they’ve lost so much confidence in him, then they must act now while is even a slim hope in the league, not to mention two cups.

Waiting until the league is mathematically over (or thereabouts) is the least likely option imo.

It's going to be a very long 5 weeks if we spend it hoping that the board come to their senses, bite the bullet and spend the compensation to pay Gio off. You can grow old overnight in that state, so let's all relax, stop speculating and calmly take whatever comes in our stride. 

Phew, I almost convinced myself there. :sarcasm:

15 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s his job to sign players good enough that can play and not spend their time injured constantly.

It’s his job to make a list of players available in required positions. The final choice should be with GVB. I’d expect they’re both aware of injury history 👍

12 minutes ago, Johnnyem said:

It's going to be a very long 5 weeks if we spend it hoping that the board come to their senses, bite the bullet and spend the compensation to pay Gio off. You can grow old overnight in that state, so let's all relax, stop speculating and calmly take whatever comes in our stride. 

Phew, I almost convinced myself there. :sarcasm:

Probably the sensible thing to do but it's never gonna happen :lol:

4 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

It’s his job to make a list of players available in required positions. The final choice should be with GVB. I’d expect they’re both aware of injury history 👍

Should be, but given that we’ve had piss poor recruitment under two mangers, our contract negotiations seem to always be left ridiculously left as well, under two different managers, I’m gonny say the DOF’s got a bigger say than the managers