Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

5 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Just saw some of the comments in that sky sports piece - doubling down on ‘higher level’ stuff - whether he thinks it or not, Gio obviously a bit clueless about how these comments would be received, we’re not Brentford 

Absolute tinpot mentality and it’s transferred to the players. 

1 hour ago, Kylegib said:

That's a horrendous stat considering we had only conceded 13 goals in an entire league season prior to his arrival.

For perspective 32 of those goals conceded have been in Europe.

The PPG stat also includes European and cup games too which is daft and misleading. 

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Keep the zero

I can’t be bothered looking it up but I wonder how many times we’ve achieved that under GVB.  Given that this is his mantra, it’s quite shocking how bad we are at actually doing it.

You would think that he may have noticed we’re actually crap at defending along the way.

But I’m not entirely sure that’s the case.

18 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

I can’t be bothered looking it up but I wonder how many times we’ve achieved that under GVB.  Given that this is his mantra, it’s quite shocking how bad we are at actually doing it.

You would think that he may have noticed we’re actually crap at defending along the way.

But I’m not entirely sure that’s the case.

With the help of wiki I deduced that he’s managed us for 68 games, we’ve kept clean sheets in 28 of them and conceded in the other 40. 

1 hour ago, BlueboyG said:

No one is arguing over that, but u 

1 hour ago, Kylegib said:

That's a horrendous stat considering we had only conceded 13 goals in an entire league season prior to his arrival.

Agree, it's absolutely honking but do u agree no manager should survive not winning 2 titles in a row up here??

27 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

No one is arguing over that, but u 

Agree, it's absolutely honking but do u agree no manager should survive not winning 2 titles in a row up here??

That would ultimately depend on the circumstances for example the squad that Gio took over certainly wasn't miles behind so he really should be challenging better than he has done. 

21 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

That would ultimately depend on the circumstances for example the squad that Gio took over certainly wasn't miles behind so he really should be challenging better than he has done. 

Squad had just won the league, without being beaten. Ideally we'd have added to that talent pool and consolidated.

We didn't have a level footing with celtic, they were actually further behind and regressing.

Any manager coming in to that set up, and failing two leagues in a row, should go.

The standards are back. That's one of them imo.