Zukowski 20

King 18

Hagi 23

Sands 21

McCann 19

Lowry 18

Weston 18

Kent 25

That’s your squad base plus a couple of senior pros (eg Jack, Morelos, Tav) and build from there.

No more signings who will not produce a future sell-on value.

Itten, Roofe, Aribo, Barisic - get what you can and get rid.

The only way forward imo.

Fuck me, that’s horrendous.

Weston hasn’t a chance, Sands and Hagi are awful.

25 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

That’s the reality.

We need to stop dud loan deals that block a way forward for our own youth players.

Give them a chance and let them grow into a team that will look after each other. We want the best young players queuing up to join our set-up.

We have to trust them to grow and to learn.

Adding a few senior pro’s to a Hearts team isnt the way forward regardless 

I haven't a fucking clue what we are going to do at the moment.

Big Big bloody mistake not bringing in new players in the Jan window - but we were able to secure players down for next season - Big bloody deal !!!! that doesn't help you win the season you are already playing. 

I hope to god we win this cup and get through the next round in Europe - but I am not so confident we will be doing this.

10 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

That’s the reality.

We need to stop dud loan deals that block a way forward for our own youth players.

Give them a chance and let them grow into a team that will look after each other. We want the best young players queuing up to join our set-up.

We have to trust them to grow and to learn.

This.

Lowry prime example. Make big impression. Not even in sqyad yesterday before a man utd loanee because they fannies shelled out 37 million for him. Wouldnt be a starter at Hearts or Hibs the wee boy ffs

Now that the league is gone everything should be focused now on the next transfer window and pre season. Champions league qualification can be achieved but we have to get it spot on. Get those leaving out as early as possible, dont let things rumble on till august even if it maybe means accepting slightly lower offers. Get their replacements identified now and get them in as early in the window as possible. 

Start pre season as early as possible and play games against teams already in their season if we can. Play scandanavian teams for example rather than "glamour" friendlies. That would hopefully get us up to speed a bit quicker for the qualifiers which will be the most important games we will play next season. The situation is pretty dire but it is salvageable IF we do things right. I admit though i dont have that much faith thatll be what happens. 

12 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

McCrorie 24

Bassey 22

Zukowski 20

King 18

Hagi 23

Sands 21

McCann 19

Lowry 18

Weston 18

Kent 25

That’s your squad base plus a couple of senior pros (eg Jack, Morelos, Tav) and build from there.

No more signings who will not produce a future sell-on value.

Itten, Roofe, Aribo, Barisic - get what you can and get rid.

The only way forward imo.

After reading that am getting back on the drink this morning :ang:

The future looks something like this:

Out based on contracts and selling: Mcgregor, Goldson, Barisic, Davis Arfield, Aribo, Kamara, Morelos, Kent. 

Keep: McCrorie, McLaughlin, Tav, Helander, Balogun, Bassey, Jack, Lundstrum, Sakala, Lowry, Sands, Hagi, Zukowski. 

Simple fact is we’ll need to have players like Lowry and McCann in and around the first team as squad or starting players due to financial issues and the fact we’re not signing 10+ starter players. 

Our starting XI next season should probably look like 

McCrorie/ New GK

Tav CB1 Helander Bassey

Lundstrum Jack Lowry

RW CF LW

Bench 

McLaughlin, Zukowski, Souttar, Balogun, LB, McCann etc etc. 

Our issue, as has always been, is our attacking players not contributing enough besides Morelos. We need to bring in players who will contribute instantly and consistently. I don’t trust Ross Wilson to do that at all. 

33 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Now that the league is gone everything should be focused now on the next transfer window and pre season. Champions league qualification can be achieved but we have to get it spot on. Get those leaving out as early as possible, dont let things rumble on till august even if it maybe means accepting slightly lower offers. Get their replacements identified now and get them in as early in the window as possible. 

Start pre season as early as possible and play games against teams already in their season if we can. Play scandanavian teams for example rather than "glamour" friendlies. That would hopefully get us up to speed a bit quicker for the qualifiers which will be the most important games we will play next season. The situation is pretty dire but it is salvageable IF we do things right. I admit though i dont have that much faith thatll be what happens. 

The problem with that is we need to sell before buying anyone so I can't see any movement until we shift a couple of players. It's tinpot club running at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, Finny said:

The problem with that is we need to sell before buying anyone so I can't see any movement until we shift a couple of players. It's tinpot club running at the moment. 

For sure we need to sell first, we must know now who are going so do it as soon as possible. That was always gonna have to be the case anyway.

I might be wrong but I think in the summer the brought in around £32m in selling player, and spent around £22m bringing players in.

Much as I would like us to keep Alfie and Goldson and possibly Kent. If we could bring in £30m/£40m and then spend some of it wisely, we could be in a much better position next season.

However the key is to spend it wisely. So getting rid of Wilson is more important than replacing Gio in my opinion

20 hours ago, The Godfather said:

We can't afford a total clearout sadly. We will need to sell the sellable assets and keep the rest to bolster the squad.

With no money we will need to bank a fraction of what we get from the sales and try to work miracles.

Sad but true if we had got the champions league money it would have been a very different summer and season ahead ... what worries me it was such a poor transfer woindow in January from Gio and as you say we really do need a manager who can buy well now

6 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I believe there is still a wee twist or two to come yet in this league run in.

It's not quite as cut and dried as some folks are making out.

It's a long shot, but you never know.

If we didn't have Braga I would agree with you but you know in the teams minds those are the big games 

18 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I believe there is still a wee twist or two to come yet in this league run in.

It's not quite as cut and dried as some folks are making out.

It's a long shot, but you never know.

They could bring it back only needing to win the final league game and this squad would still find a way to bottle it, 3 seasons out of 4 they have shit the bed majority of the squad being here that whole time.