****The Official St. Mirren Vs Rangers Match Thread****

17 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Goldson is the main cause of our pathetically slow, ponderous buildup play in every game.

I think you can add Bassey and Helander (when he plays).

Just a shame there’s the question mark over Borna’s mentality, because we look a hell of a lot smoother with him in the team.

Especially on days like this, when WE should be asking all the questions in an attacking sense.

That said, I will long remember Bassey’s gallop to the goalline & pull back for Aribo’s stunner at Tannadice!

5 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Yes boss! :tu:

Where have I said that :lol: Just making an observation. I wanted Gio before he came and want him to be a roaring success. Some of those fans there today will be the same ones that have made a fecking long trip to/from Braga..... surely even a wee clap might have been nice?

Clapping the fans is over celebrating now? :lol: Geez peace!!! 

Fair enough, my view isn't the popular one, I just thought it was a bit poor.

I don't remember Scot Symon ever clapping the fans or Willie Waddell for that matter and he won a European trophy.

29 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Goldson is the main cause of our pathetically slow, ponderous buildup play in every game.

I’d say Goldson, Balogun and Kamara are slow/ponderous. Thought 1st half our passing out from defence was woeful but when King came on he was much quicker and positive. Playing the ball low into our midfielders feet. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I've always liked Scott Wright. I'm not saying he is a starter but until today, Gio hasn't even had him on the bench in most games.

I like his directness. Like Sakala, he just lacks that wee bit of composure.

Decent today.

Need players to break the lines more. We are still slow and ponderous moving the ball forward allowing teams to reset in shape.

1 minute ago, teddybear1975 said:

Need players to break the lines more. We are still slow and ponderous moving the ball forward allowing teams to reset in shape.

Our movement and ability to spot a pass is shit, just shit. 

The amount of times the back line have the ball and don't utilise a pass into the centre mid is criminal. Or when they do somehow find that centre mid they don't make any movement to collect the ball back off them and move further up...it just goes back to defense.  Nearly enough to make you cry.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I've always liked Scott Wright. I'm not saying he is a starter but until today, Gio hasn't even had him on the bench in most games.

I like his directness. Like Sakala, he just lacks that wee bit of composure.

Decent today.

I've always felt he was shite and we're a level above him. In the same mould as Jordan Jones and Jake Hastie however I would be tempted to use him at some point instead of Arfield on that side to balance our attacking out.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

I've always felt he was shite and we're a level above him. In the same mould as Jordan Jones and Jake Hastie however I would be tempted to use him at some point instead of Arfield on that side to balance our attacking out.

He's never a starter mate but he should have been utilized more. When the games were coming thick and fast last month, Gio refused to rotate. Today he did and you could reasonably say we were better in the second half with the subs.

We will never know for sure but overplaying Morelos may have caused the injury.