What do we need next season?

20 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It's possible to change a captain and him still play on. 

Best example when armband came off amo and went to Ferguson. 

The only issue with us is there isn't a guy in the current squad that stands out. It will likely be a new player and as @Laudrupsleftfoot pointed out it's very rare that a new player comes in and gets named captain.

Souttar ?
Mind you I note he’s not in Hearts squad today so getting him on the park in a blue jersey might be enough of a job ! 

Looking at the table we've both lost the same amount of games. it's the draws that have fucked us after the break more than anything... 

1-1 Aberdeen (Jan)

3-3 Ross County (Jan)

1-1 Dundee utd (feb)

2-2 Motherwell (feb)

If we'd won the 2 in Jan we would have went into that scum game in a much better position than we did... even if the result would have been the same, obviously its a sore one but they still wouldn't have went top.

That was a massive boost in the arm for them. 

Screenshot_20220409-213301_BBC Sport.jpg

5 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Looking at the table we've both lost the same amount of games. it's the draws that have fucked us after the break more than anything... 

1-1 Aberdeen (Jan)

3-3 Ross County (Jan)

1-1 Dundee utd (feb)

2-2 Motherwell (feb)

If we'd won the 2 in Jan we would have went into that scum game in a much better position than we did... even if the result would have been the same, obviously its a sore one but they still wouldn't have went top.

That was a massive boost in the arm for them. 

Screenshot_20220409-213301_BBC Sport.jpg

It’s also the manner the just win thing is nonsense 

look at the goal difference 

First of all a keeper, someone who can play with the ball at their feet and command a box. Another centre half, I know Souttar is coming in but I would want another one. More depth in midfield, only two I’d keep the now would be Lundstram and Jack and we all know what jacks injury record is like. One of the midfielders to be creative and a goal threat, would absolutely love Ramsey to stay but don’t see it happening, a proper right winger. Another striker who is capable of playing upfront himself, personally I like Roofe but I think he’s at his best when he plays up there with someone.

That just scratches the surface probably need a lot more. 100% believe that signing right is more important than just splashing the cash, had a few over the last few years who we’ve spent decent money on and not got much in return. 

Probably get shot down for this but one player I’d take a look at would be Ellis Simms who’s on loan to hearts from Everton, really like the look of him when I’ve seen him. Not saying he’s as good but quite similar to Morelos in style. Big and strong and has excellent movement, only got 4 goals this season but from what I’ve seen he should’ve had a few more think his finishing could improve. 

1 gk needed,Mcgregor  should be released. 

Another 2 cB to replace Goldson also bring back Katic

Borna take couple of million for him if possible and replaced by a left back.

4 midfielders Kamara and aribo  should be sold and replaced also Davis and Ramsey released.

3 forwards Roofe and Itten should go  2 wingers and a striker.

11 players minimum and its got to be first team players 

We need a over haul of players and investment. Ross Wilson better get his finger out just now..

Rangers NEXT SEASON
GK - McLaughlin, McCrorie, Johnstone 

RB - Tavernier, Zukowski
LB - Bassey, New LB
CB - Helander, Soutar, King, Doekhi

CDM - Jack, Sands, Lundstram 
CM - McCann, Ferguson 
CAM - Lowry, Hagi, New CAM

RW / LW 3 New

ST Morelos, New ST, Promising youth ST.

BUYING.                                             SELLING
Johnstone - Free.                             Barisic - £1.5m
Doekhi.      - Free.                             Kamara -£5m
LB.              - £1m.                              Aribo.     -£6m
Ferguson   - £3m.                             Kent.      -£9m
CAM.          - £3m                              Roofe.   -£2m
Winger.      - £3m                               Itten.    - £1m
Winger.      - £3m                               Sakala- £1m
Winger.      - £1.5m.                           Wright - £500,000
ST.              - £3m 

29 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

Rangers NEXT SEASON
GK - McLaughlin, McCrorie, Johnstone 

RB - Tavernier, Zukowski
LB - Bassey, New LB
CB - Helander, Soutar, King, Doekhi

CDM - Jack, Sands, Lundstram 
CM - McCann, Ferguson 
CAM - Lowry, Hagi, New CAM

RW / LW 3 New

ST Morelos, New ST, Promising youth ST.

BUYING.                                             SELLING
Johnstone - Free.                             Barisic - £1.5m
Doekhi.      - Free.                             Kamara -£5m
LB.              - £1m.                              Aribo.     -£6m
Ferguson   - £3m.                             Kent.      -£9m
CAM.          - £3m                              Roofe.   -£2m
Winger.      - £3m                               Itten.    - £1m
Winger.      - £3m                               Sakala- £1m
Winger.      - £1.5m.                           Wright - £500,000
ST.              - £3m 

There is a lot wrong there pal. Mainly thinking someone out there is looking at Itten, Barisic, Sakala, Wright etc and thinking I'm going to pay money for those players.

I love FM too but.

1 hour ago, Craiggybear said:

We could scrape those games 1-0 win and their goal difference wouldn't matter a fuck. The points are more important than the style.

Been pleased with the style so far ? 

I get what your saying but we have been brutal to watch for months 

I would go with this XI next season ;

McCrorie/McLaughlin

Tavernier, Souttar, new CB, Bassey

Jack, Lundstram

new RW, Hagi, new LW

Morelos or new ST

Bench McCrorie/McLaughlin, Balogun, new LB, Sands, Zukowski, (Ramsey?), Arfield, Wright, new ST.

Promoting quality players from the academy like Weston, McCann, McClelland.
Lowry, King already promoted, giving them more minutes. I'd keep Balogun one last year he is ok.
Sell Aribo, Kent, Kamara, Itten, Helander, Firth, Simpson, Barisic, Roofe, Sakala, Morelos if he doesn't renew. McGregor and Davis retire, Goldson off you go.

We can't buy ten new players just like this, it will be difficult but we need to take that step by step. The board needs to change first and I'm not sure about the manager position yet. We can come back from this but if we fail this summer with the signings and sales, staff and board stuff, we are in danger. CL spot is a must, I hope we can qualify and have some money to inject in the team and the club.

3 minutes ago, NI said:

I would go with this XI next season ;

McCrorie/McLaughlin

Tavernier, Souttar, new CB, Bassey

Jack, Lundstram

new RW, Hagi, new LW

Morelos or new ST

Bench McCrorie/McLaughlin, Balogun, new LB, Sands, Zukowski, (Ramsey?), Arfield, Wright, new ST.

Promoting quality players from the academy like Weston, McCann, McClelland.
Lowry, King already promoted, giving them more minutes. I'd keep Balogun one last year he is ok.
Sell Aribo, Kent, Kamara, Itten, Helander, Firth, Simpson, Barisic, Roofe, Sakala, Morelos if he doesn't renew. McGregor and Davis retire, Goldson off you go.

We can't buy ten new players just like this, it will be difficult but we need to take that step by step. The board needs to change first and I'm not sure about the manager position yet. We can come back from this but if we fail this summer with the signings and sales, staff and board stuff, we are in danger. CL spot is a must, I hope we can qualify and have some money to inject in the team and the club.

Christ, do we still have Simpson? What about Hastie? Is he still on our books?  

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Love him or hate him our defense is significantly weaker next season with Souttar in place of Goldson. Doheki is a must, maybe even another defender. Walter showed the importance of building from the back. 

I don’t think there’s any chance we get Doheki tbh.

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I just think a club with either more financial resources or who play at a higher level will come in for him and gazump us. 

Hopefully our European exploits of the last few years, this year especially give us a shout. Were already a big pull with fan, atmosphere etc and also a direct back door to the premier League.

2 hours ago, tom1780 said:

Been pleased with the style so far ? 

I get what your saying but we have been brutal to watch for 

Been pleased with the style? The fuck you talking about ffs :lol:

Would I prefer a 5-0  canter win against St Mirren on Sunday rather than a hard fought 1-0 scrape? Of course I would.... if we win either way do you think I give a fuck?.. . Of course I don't. 

If we won the games we've drawn this season... we'd be favorites to win the league at this point.

The "style" against Dortmund & Red Star was amazing but unless we win that trophy it counts for fuck all.... remember the style the scum displayed Novemer 2012? Aye, neither does any cunt else. 

*gives the op a moment to google*

Fairly simple. Some investment from the board.

You can’t expect for your rivals to spend upwards of £30m while we stay still and our manager walks out on us half way through a season and still win the the league.

Our midfield consists of Arfield Jack Davis Lundstram Kamara Aribo Ramsey Oforboh every single one of them a free transfer (compensation is irrelevant) That’s embarrassing for us.

The defence consists of a Tavernier/Zukowski £500k spent one signed 5/6 year’s ago. Balogun/Simpson free transfers again! Goldson £2m 4 years ago Helander a decent fee I suppose. Bassey dare I repeat myself FREE TRANSFER. Barisic £2m which we paid 4 years ago.

Never mind McGregor and McLaughlin for now. Free transfers whisper it quietly! No one will know.

Forwards I suppose you can say some investment if you include Kent Hagi(who I think we miss massively at the moment).But Morelos £1m 5 years ago Roofe £4m Itten £2m Sakala free transfer. Our recruitment over the summer was absolutely horrific.

I know you can get by on free transfers a d decent deals but only scattered with quality too and when you look at the fact the majority of our transfers are free it’s embarrassing.

That comes from the top and we’ve shot ourselves in the foot.

Our league position lies with those at the top who thought we’d get by another season without investment due to celtics shortcomings last season. But sadly it was them that realised they had to do something and invested while we stood still and got what we deserved.

Shame on the board and everyone who has let this happen.

If we go down the free transfer route and English lower leagues we will be fucked. We really need the scouts to be stepping up to be honest and I imagine vos, gio etc will have targets in mind. We should also bring in a good chunk of money from players sold. If we don't get 30 mill from selling aribo, kamara, Kent and a couple fringe players then it's a shambles. 

European money, Patterson sale, Gerrard leaving and summer sales should actually leave us in a good position to invest wisely in the squad.