What do we need next season?

15 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We’ll have to spend a similar amount or we can forget it , if we try to build a squad of freebies and loans we are fucked

We won't be spending 20 million plus. When we lost on Sunday and gave them the champions league money, we have most likely given them another 2 or 3 titles, because we can't go out and buy 9 or 10 first team quality players in one season. If we can win a cup each season over the next two I think we'll be doing well.

20 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

We won't be spending 20 million plus. When we lost on Sunday and gave them the champions league money, we have most likely given them another 2 or 3 titles, because we can't go out and buy 9 or 10 first team quality players in one season. If we can win a cup each season over the next two I think we'll be doing well.

So if we bring in 30m plus we can’t spend 20m? find that hard to believe tbh especially with the wages that are going to be freed up as well. 

22 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I get what you’re saying but with Patterson money, Gerrard money, Europa league money this season, any players sales in summer and we’ll be guaranteed Europa league group stages next season at least too we should have a decent budget.

The elephant in room is the pay out for Sports Direct case.

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

So if we bring in 30m plus we can’t spend 20m? find that hard to believe tbh especially with the wages that are going to be freed up as well. 

I'm not convinced we bring in 30m in fees, but we aren't spending 2/3rds of what we bring in. We aren't sustainable as a club and we're not spending close to that without guaranteed European football at the very least. This is just my opinion of course, but I'm preparing for a really rough few seasons of a few decent players sprinkled throughout a Warburtonesque English League 1 and championship squad.

22 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I get what you’re saying but with Patterson money, Gerrard money, Europa league money this season, any players sales in summer and we’ll be guaranteed Europa league group stages next season at least too we should have a decent budget.

The elephant in room is the pay out for Sports Direct case.

I hope I'm wrong obviously, but I can't see us spending what needs to be spent to challenge for a title. I forgot all about the Sports Direct case too. Stopped following that side of things long ago because it was too depressing.

10 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Usually one of Kent's biggest fans but he's had a fuckin honkin season 

His stats are absolutely pathetic but we should still be able to get decent money for him after his Euro performances wouldn’t be surprised if a German side came in. 

We need what we won't be able to get.

Ideally we scrap the lit from manager, Board to players and build it from there but that costs a shit ton of money and we have none.

So will be bargain bin signings and stinking football for the foreseeable unfortunately.