Andy Goram

ElBufalo20

1 hour ago, Canabear said:

I saw this earlier and like yourself was unprepared to share.

The unfortunate thing in this particular situation is that I know someone real close to Andy and what he is and has been going through but chose not to post in respect to the Man and his situation.

This is not the time , nor should it ever be , about being first to post with information on someone's fate in Life. It should be about respect and dignity and if Andy Goram wishes to inform everyone of his condition and the details surrounding it then it's his choice to do so.

May his time left be in peace and what time he has left be spent in peace and comfort with his Family and close friends.

First class post mate:tu:

1 hour ago, Canabear said:

I saw this earlier and like yourself was unprepared to share.

The unfortunate thing in this particular situation is that I know someone real close to Andy and what he is and has been going through but chose not to post in respect to the Man and his situation.

This is not the time , nor should it ever be , about being first to post with information on someone's fate in Life. It should be about respect and dignity and if Andy Goram wishes to inform everyone of his condition and the details surrounding it then it's his choice to do so.

May his time left be in peace and what time he has left be spent in peace and comfort with his Family and close friends.

Respect mate, I got told about it on Tuesday but did not have urge or the stomach to share it, he’s a braver man than me. 💙 I echo your thoughts.

Such a horrible disease 

Heartbreaking  for anyone who’s lost a love one to it or had to suffer at the treatment for it 

Andy Goram may you find piece and hope to be as comfortable as possible surrounding your self with loved ones, friends and from a respectful distance your Rangers family during this time. 

🥲

The Goalie was also a league cricketer, appearing as a wicket-keeper and batsman for various Oldhamclubs in the Saddleworth League, including Delph & Dobcross, Moorside and also East Lancashire Paper Mill in Radcliffe, Bury. Goram played for Penicuik Cricket Club, Kelso Cricket Club, West Lothian County and Uddingston CC in Scottish cricket leagues. He represented Scotland four times: twice (1989 and 1991) in the annual first-class game against Ireland and twice (again in 1989 and 1991) in the NatWest Trophy.[57][58] Goram is the only person to have played in a first-class cricket match and a full international football match for Scotland.[59]

A left-handed batsman and right-arm medium-pace bowler, he never achieved any great success. His most significant act was probably to bowl EnglandTest player Richard Blakey in a NatWest Trophygame against Yorkshire in 1989. Rangers manager Walter Smith effectively ended Goram's cricket career when he ordered Goram to concentrate on his football career.[59] Goram made a cricketing comeback after ending his football career, finally playing for Freuchie Cricket Club in their centenary week matches versus Cricket Scotland President's XI, Falkland Cricket Club and Sussex Ladies.[4][60][61] In May 2016, Goram played for a Scotland over-50s team against Lancashire over-50s.[62]

7FB8299C-28D4-4210-B6AE-938BFD2D5FB7.webp