Andy Goram

ElBufalo20

92-93 he was the best goalkeeper in the world bar none. Probably the only time we, in recent history could say we had the best in the world at the time. Breaking our hearts the same way he broke thousands for years with world class performances. Horrific news

There was a period in the early to mid 90s when if you'd offered me any goalie in the world in exchange, the only one I'd have even considered would have been Peter Schmeichel. 

He was that good. It's what distinguishes him from any other goalie we've had.

Almost single handedly created some of the best footballing memories of my childhood.

10 minutes ago, Inceligo said:

There was a period in the early to mid 90s when if you'd offered me any goalie in the world in exchange, the only one I'd have even considered would have been Peter Schmeichel. 

He was that good. It's what distinguishes him from any other goalie we've had.

Almost single handedly created some of the best footballing memories of my childhood.

Not been too many players who have pulled on our shirt who could be in the conversation for best in the world in their position. I agree 92-93-94 time, Goram was legitimately in that conversation.

Goram was outstanding despite devoting half his youth and early career to another sport (cricket), and living, well it would have been fair to say, not the life of an athlete. Injuries and lifestyle arguably shortened his top level career given goalkeepers historically peak in their early 30's. but..... what a player for us.

Gutted to read this…….. with the goalie in a game against that mob you knew you were in safe hands so to speak. Worth a goal of a start most games against them. The best in my life time watching the famous. Fuck he’s a tad older than me. No age at all. 

keep fighting Andy the Rangers family are rooting for you. All my thoughts are with you and those that’s close to you.

No Surrender 🔴🔵

Funking horrible illness. After losing my mam with it, and with his being terminal, I just hope it takes him quickly in his sleep so he doesn't suffer the absolute horrendous aspects of the disease. Will always be an absolute legend of the game and from most accounts a top bloke as well. Gut wrencher. 

Walter passing was one of those moments where you will remember what you were doing when you found out... It left you feeling numb for days and weeks after. 

This news is similar, it freezes part of your soul because your heroes aren't supposed to die, they are supposed to be there forever to help you make sense of your life... First the Gaffer and now the Goalie; why?