***** The Official RB Leipzig v Rangers (Opposition) Europa League Semi Final Match Thread *****

23 minutes ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

That part you quoted is to do with quarantine after arrival, not entering the country. The entry requirements that @Bad Robot posted are correct. Proof of recovery in the last 180 days is acceptable to enter the EU, but EU countries are allowed to have their own rules and Germany does not allow travellers from the UK to enter the country unless fully vaccinated or meeting the exemption criteria he posted above. 

So Sakala isn’t allowed? (Assuming he’s still unvaccinated)

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

So Sakala isn’t allowed? (Assuming he’s still unvaccinated)

3 minutes ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

I think athletes are held to a different standard but as far as I can tell he wouldn’t be allowed if he’s not vaccinated. 

There’s an exception for athletes:

Skilled or highly qualified foreign workers as referred to in Council Recommendation (EU 2020/912) of 30 June 2020 on the temporary restriction on non-essential travel into the EU and the possible lifting of such restriction are

professional athletes and professional eAthletes taking part in competitions or international sport events or playing in German clubs (section 19c (1) of the Residence Act in conjunction with section 22 no. 1, no. 4, or no. 5, or section 23 no. 2 of the Ordinance on the Employment of Foreigners) as well as referees (section 22 no. 1 and section 23 of the Ordinance on the Employment of Foreigners);

4 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Skilled or highly qualified foreign workers as referred to in Council Recommendation (EU 2020/912) of 30 June 2020 on the temporary restriction on non-essential travel into the EU and the possible lifting of such restriction are

professional athletes and professional eAthletes taking part in competitions or international sport events or playing in German clubs (section 19c (1) of the Residence Act in conjunction with section 22 no. 1, no. 4, or no. 5, or section 23 no. 2 of the Ordinance on the Employment of Foreigners) as well as referees (section 22 no. 1 and section 23 of the Ordinance on the Employment of Foreigners);

Hopefully this is still the case, couldn’t find anything about athletes but I knew they had different rules. 

On 25/04/2022 at 18:34, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

If we perform as badly as we did in Braga Leipzig will absolutely smash us.

Despite Gio trying to claim it was a good result away from home it absolutely wasn’t, I don’t think we had a proper chance in the entire game, it was a shocking performance and we were lucky the 4th best team in Portugal didn’t score more against us.

We’ve seen in the return leg, and in Dortmund we are at our best when attacking the opposition.

It was a good result are you fucking mental?

1 minute ago, Laudrup1690 said:

It was a good result are you fucking mental?

Losing 1-0 isn’t a good result let’s not pretend otherwise, they aren’t exactly a super wealthy or successful side, we have a higher budget than them and are a team I would expect us to beat, which we obviously did do in the 2nd leg.

Obviously it’s preferable to getting hammered but losing a first leg tie is never a good result in my opinion.

1 minute ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Losing 1-0 isn’t a good result let’s not pretend otherwise, they aren’t exactly a super wealthy or successful side, we have a higher budget than them and are a team I would expect us to beat, which we obviously did do in the 2nd leg.

Obviously it’s preferable to getting hammered but losing a first leg tie is never a good result in my opinion.

We qualified so it’s a good result.

Braga are a very good team at home.

3 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Surely there were rumours that Roofe and Sakala weren’t vaxxed or fully vaxxed and that’s why they never travelled to Germany before?

Balogun missed out also unless they were all injured.

7 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

What words?

Going by the article in the record he was saying Leipzig are favourites and it would be nice to have 2 German teams in the final.

They then rehashed comments he made a number of weeks ago about Dortmund being knocked out of 3 tournaments and said Rangers are a third rate team to lose to. 

In short, clickbait pish.

5 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Going by the article in the record he was saying Leipzig are favourites and it would be nice to have 2 German teams in the final.

They then rehashed comments he made a number of weeks ago about Dortmund being knocked out of 3 tournaments and said Rangers are a third rate team to lose to. 

:tu:

First I’d read the comments about the Dortmund game. Something about us “only second in the league” as well. Diddy. 

4 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

:tu:

First I’d read the comments about the Dortmund game. Something about us “only second in the league” as well. Diddy. 

He did also have a pop at the bheggars for getting papped out of 3 uefa tournaments in the same season. But aye, he's still a wank.

4 minutes ago, MisterC said:

He did also have a pop at the bheggars for getting papped out of 3 uefa tournaments in the same season. But aye, he's still a wank.

See those are comments I can get behind because he’s right there, but he surely has to admit he was wrong about us :lol: we’ll see come next Thursday anyway

If we can get through the first leg no more than one goal behind we will get to the final.  Gio needs to get his team spot on, need to be solid and disciplined but can’t sit back.  Tempted to go with a front three of Aribo, Arfield and Kent.  Not ideal but all capable of scoring and all capable of dropping back when needed. 

5 hours ago, MisterC said:

He won't be the first foreign manager to underestimate us and pay a heavy price this season, and hopefully won't be the last. 

They are in 4th place in their league, 21 points behind Bayern , and 9 points behind Dortmund who we schooled. 

This so called third rate team knocked  out the competition favourites and will be more than happy to slay another overpaid, arrogant German team. 

7 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

The just beat Porto and their 58 game unbeaten run is over, So I would say 1-0 away in Europe is a good result 

It is gonna be tough in Germany and we will need to ride our luck at times, but we must dig in and give ourselves a chance at Ibrox where the crowd will play a big part.

Anything more than a goal down will be an uphill struggle, but who knows we could even sneak a win or a draw.

One thing we don't lack is heart and that gives me confidence