Bigger than 55?

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

55 will be just another league win after we talk about 56, 57 etc..

this but, this is special, very special indeed

I don’t think it will ever just be another title 

certain title wins go down in folklore just that wee bit more  . It will be right up there with 1975 and 1987 as the years pass by . Infact it already is. 

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

I don’t think it will ever just be another title 

certain title wins go down in folklore just that wee bit more  . It will be right up there with 1975 and 1987 as the years pass by . Infact it already is. 

In what way is 55 any better than 54?

please don’t say because we stopped the 10. Because that makes it about them not us. 

37 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

please don’t say because we stopped the 10. Because that makes it about them not us. 

Because we won our first title in a decade after working our way up from division 3 . As I compared it to other titles of a similar magnitude that ended other lengthy runs.  55 won’t be looked back upon as just another title 

32 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Because we won our first title in a decade after working our way up from division 3 . As I compared it to other titles of a similar magnitude that ended other lengthy runs.  55 won’t be looked back upon as just another title 

I would argue the only way 55 would be massive is if we won it in 15/16.  But we didn’t get out the championship at the first time of asking and it took us another three seasons to get to 55

for me 55 is just as important as 54 and should have came earlier than it did. 

On 07/05/2022 at 08:16, JamieD said:

It would be bigger than '67.

easily - football was different then with most teams full of their same nationalities and their run to the final was against pish teams as well.  (Also sure one of their goals in the final was off side, but you'll never hear of that) 

The big teams now are full of internationalists, each one costing more than our entire team - to get this far is unreal.  Win this and it is the biggest achievement in scottish football history

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I would argue the only way 55 would be massive is if we won it in 15/16.  But we didn’t get out the championship at the first time of asking and it took us another three seasons to get to 55

If that’s your opinion then who am I to argue 

the majority opinion over time will view 55 as significant though 

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Nah, to let them sing Terry Munro for years and then all the trimmings like Duffy and Lennon along with it was the perfect end. 55 came at the perfect time and remains one of the biggest triumphs in our history.

58 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Nah, to let them sing Terry Munro for years and then all the trimmings like Duffy and Lennon along with it was the perfect end. 55 came at the perfect time and remains one of the biggest triumphs in our history.

I’d have rather stopped 7 than ten tbh. But hey ho each to their own

8 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

It was better tho. I've been there in person to see Rangers win plenty of leagues and cups. I was 3500 miles away when we won 55 and it will still the best league win ever imo.

But after the final whistle Wednesday was probably the most emotion I've ever felt supporting Rangers.

Europa League would outrank everything imo. It is so hard to win these things as no Scottish success in nearly 40 years testifies. It would be a David and Goliath act to lift this trophy after 17 games. 

It would seal Rangers as the most successful Scottish team in Europe.

If we win in Seville it will be the greatest achievement by any Rangers side in my memory and I vaguely remember 1972.

We will win a European trophy.  If the winning isn’t enough on its own then:

Win and we will be another £4 million better off this season.

Qualify for the CL and we will bank £30 million minimum.

And we will be playing Liverpool or Real Madrid in The Super Cup.

And we will be in pot 1 of the CL next season which will likely include Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern, ACMilan, Porto, meaning we will avoid this lot in the group stages.

And we will offload half a dozen duffers, retain key players and bring in 3 or 4 class additions that will lead to a domestic treble next season.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

On 07/05/2022 at 16:08, The No.9 said:

Already commented but I do genuinely believe it would be more historic than all of the below, imo it would be the best of the lot:

- 67’

- 72’

- Any 9 in a row 

- any treble / multiple trebles

Don’t forget 1961 cup winners final 

WATP