Bigger than 55?

I’ve seen plenty of title wins over the years but for me none of them felt as satisfying as last year’s did. The fact that we climbed up from the bottom division to being champions of Scotland again was absolutely huge for me. Stopping their precious Terry Munro was a big part of that.

Thursday’s semi final was as good as any match I’ve experienced and might just change my mind if we win in Seville but right now it’s 55.

Winning a major European trophy is always going to top a league title.

55 was amazing, I've experienced many highs as a supporter - and many lows - as we all have, but that was an incredible thing we did lets not dismiss it. But a Europa League win? I'm almost - give or take a couple of years - 60 years old, this is our 4th final in that time. There are people older on me on here who've lived through five. We've won one. I can't actually begin to think what it would feel like yet to win this, but it's gonna be immense. IMO, winning EL in this day age, given where we were, given what we as a club and support have been through, this would be the biggest thing in Scottish football, EVER. Mibbe eve British football? Possibly too far. In the end though all I actually care about is Tav lifting that trophy. 

The title win was the catalyst for this. They'd have a new record, albeit a tainted one, that we might never be able to equal. We needed that title. It did something mentally. I don't think we'd be in this final without the winning mentality that the title win instilled.

And then there's the satisfaction of preventing what that mob of goons had been singing about, and presumed to be a foregone conclusion, for a decade.

Arguably amongst the greatest achievements by any football team ever.

Genuinely not even stretching with that. For a Scottish side (especially one with the injury issues we’ve had etc) to put together this run and win the tournament against sides put together for 10x ours. 

Think the actual full scale of the importance of 55 will be clearer as the years progress from it. 

We all knew it was massive at the time obviously but in whatever we go on and achieve in next 10-20 years we will all see that title as the defining moment in turning our club around.