Stories from Seville

A.T.G

5 hours ago, stevotrueblue said:

Watched it in the Loudon and had a great day tbf, brought back dissapointment, some great memories,,, and Covid19,, tested pos tue 

If you spent a day in that shithole you're lucky that's all you contracted

13 hours ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Haven't spoken much about it since I've been back, cup final was class and helped.

Anyway, bumping the guitar off some local and getting the streets into a chorus of a few select cultured songs on the day was some laugh, and will never forget the train from Madrid down.

Noise was incredible, Frankfurt fans gobsmacked, shout out to the Qatar Loyal boys who were some laugh, drinking from early and then keeping the bar going.

Choruses of "we're aff the train, we're aff the train" to We're On Our Way made me laugh a lot more than it probably shld have at the time :lol:

Special shout out to older bears that travelled and shared some gold dust stories.  Some of the stories I got told at London, Madrid airports were incredible about seeing Baxter, Jardine and much more. Was a privilege to talk about some of those moments with people who were there at the time, and ask about modern v old players, who's better etc over a few beers.  Funnily enough a good few of them said Laudrup was best only because he married the old technique of Baxter etc with modern athlete. But I'm sure many will have different ideas but class to talk Rangers for hours to folk you've just met.

These phrases can be cliche but was genuinely like a massive family, never been prouder to be a Rangers fan.

Also great to get support and respect from fans in England/Spain/Germany - we have a great profile in Europe, the small minded resentment and lust for us to be 'the bad guys' in this country is nauseating, but unsurprising.

I didn't tell any Barcelona 72 stories. Didn't really get in to that sort of thing with other fans.

Re Brian Laudrup, He was unplayable for the first umpteen games. All the other teams had to learn how to play against him.

I though that our fans got on well with the Germans. Lots of people going out of their way to chat to them and wish them luck.

IMHO the heat had a great deal to do with the way we played the game. Note that our first goal was scored by an African player who was used to the heat. Still it was a much better showing than Manchester where he didn't turn up.

A local boy fell in a small restaurant  on the Wed and cut his nose open. Went to help him and  got him sorted. When I went back to where I was sitting one of my boys said that Jelavic and Papac had walked in to see what was going on and were both standing over me and I’m none the fucking wiser ! My claim to fame. 

Still gutted about the result and still feel we should be Europa League Champions but from arriving on the Tuesday night and the pubs along the river to all day on the Wed was absolutely incredible. I had no ticket for the game and watched it at the other stadium they opened ( the fan zone there under that bridge or whatever it was was fucking brilliant) and it’ll live with me forever. 

Had a ticket for Manchester but for me Seville was miles better. Went over as a family and to see my boys there with me brought a tear to the eye. 

On the Thursday cutting about Madrid and the Thursday night in a little place called Barajas next to the Airport there were Rangers everywhere. 

Just take me back 🇬🇧

On 26/05/2022 at 07:31, CoplandRoad83 said:

Haven't spoken much about it since I've been back, cup final was class and helped.

Anyway, bumping the guitar off some local and getting the streets into a chorus of a few select cultured songs on the day was some laugh, and will never forget the train from Madrid down.

Noise was incredible, Frankfurt fans gobsmacked, shout out to the Qatar Loyal boys who were some laugh, drinking from early and then keeping the bar going.

Choruses of "we're aff the train, we're aff the train" to We're On Our Way made me laugh a lot more than it probably shld have at the time :lol:

Special shout out to older bears that travelled and shared some gold dust stories.  Some of the stories I got told at London, Madrid airports were incredible about seeing Baxter, Jardine and much more. Was a privilege to talk about some of those moments with people who were there at the time, and ask about modern v old players, who's better etc over a few beers.  Funnily enough a good few of them said Laudrup was best only because he married the old technique of Baxter etc with modern athlete. But I'm sure many will have different ideas but class to talk Rangers for hours to folk you've just met.

These phrases can be cliche but was genuinely like a massive family, never been prouder to be a Rangers fan.

Also great to get support and respect from fans in England/Spain/Germany - we have a great profile in Europe, the small minded resentment and lust for us to be 'the bad guys' in this country is nauseating, but unsurprising.

Superb