Glasgow Subway Strikes

Dan Deacon

3 hours ago, Dickie said:

So who do you vote for and don’t embarrass yourself by saying labour.

The UK Parliament has an undemocratic whip system so I'd advise anyone to vote for the candidate that has the best opportunity of keeping the Tory candidate out of Westminster.  

45 minutes ago, Misteral said:

The UK Parliament has an undemocratic whip system so I'd advise anyone to vote for the candidate that has the best opportunity of keeping the Tory candidate out of Westminster.  

So vote for some cunt whose policies you might disagree with or in my case some snp fucker,no thanks.

On 26/07/2022 at 22:17, TFP77 said:

The staff are striking because they are forced to changed days off with 7, 10, 14 days notice. No shits given for plans on those days off just an email stating it due to t&cs. Staff aren't looking for a pay award. Just to be able to spend their free time how they choose. This affects a fair few Rangers ST holders who then can't make the fitba. It is not cos they're workshy. If you see what staff put up wi on a wknd half of you critiscing on here would walk back out the door if you worked there. 

That's a crying shame(not), if they don't like it they should get a new job end of and not feck off their customers who are paying their wages after all.

On 26/07/2022 at 22:17, TFP77 said:

The staff are striking because they are forced to changed days off with 7, 10, 14 days notice. No shits given for plans on those days off just an email stating it due to t&cs. Staff aren't looking for a pay award. Just to be able to spend their free time how they choose. This affects a fair few Rangers ST holders who then can't make the fitba. It is not cos they're workshy. If you see what staff put up wi on a wknd half of you critiscing on here would walk back out the door if you worked there. 

Oh well then, I may as well go on strike every other week being I work for the NHS and we have same situation re last minute changes. 

I have family who work with the rail service and like me, they have no issue with changing days off etc. 

It's not ideal, but it doesn't happen all the time.

PS...they can always say no. 

55 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Cunts raging because people are taking industrial action to get better work conditions and better pay because it disrupts their travel to a football game lol, cost of living has  went through the roof and board members of firms are still getting pay rises and making a fortune by bumping up their prices but aye , lazy workshy bastards, what a load of shite :lol:

I know this isnt directed at me, but feel compelled to give a response to you:)

My personal issue isn't down to not getting to football. My issue is they always seem to be on strike. 

I have a car so doesn't actually bother me personally.

We have staff who rely on public transport for commuting to and from work though which in turn makes us continually short staffed due to this as well as illnesses, holidays etc. 

I can deal with being short staffed, but others can't, therefore crap working environment and all that.

I see why it's not an issue for others that the rail service get more pay or more time off etc, but I find it hard to feel sorry for them all the time given their high wages anyway:) 

My brother earns not shy of £60K a year to press buttons(I know it's more to it than that as well as mental health implications - I just say that would wind my brother up :lol:

He's a grafter though so he doesn't enjoy these constant strikes. Drives him nuts in honesty. 

15 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

My personal issue isn't down to not getting to football. My issue is they always seem to be on strike. 

We have staff who rely on public transport for commuting to and from work though which in turn makes us continually short staffed due to this as well as illnesses, holidays etc. 

I can deal with being short staffed, but others can't, therefore crap working environment and all that.

I see why it's not an issue for others that the rail service get more pay or more time off etc, but I find it hard to feel sorry for them all the time given their high wages anyway:) 

My brother earns not shy of £60K a year to press buttons(I know it's more to it than that as well as mental health implications - I just say that would wind my brother up :lol:

He's a grafter though so he doesn't enjoy these constant strikes. Drives him nuts in honesty. 

The thing that pisses me off with the striking at the minute is it seems every public sector workforce is jumping on the bandwagon for strike action and pay increases due to the cost of living. theres literally millions of private sector workers that aren't getting a cost of living pay rise and who's working conditions are being changed, and we are all going through this same crisis... Find it hard to support strike action, especially targeted for maximum disruption, just strong arm tactics IMO. I'm in a union and am a public sector worker but even I think its getting to be a joke.

19 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Presumably your brother works on the railway?

It amazes me that amount of people who don't seem to know the purpose of a strike. You're all welcome to go into your employer's office right now and voluntarily surrender all the terms and conditions you currently enjoy due to your "workshy" ancestor's struggle. 

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

It amazes me that amount of people who don't seem to know the purpose of a strike. You're all welcome to go into your employer's office right now and voluntarily surrender all the terms and conditions you currently enjoy due to your "workshy" ancestor's struggle. 

Haven't seen a single post in either thread discussing strikes that doesn't know the purpose of it.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Haven't seen a single post in either thread discussing strikes that doesn't know the purpose of it.

Literally the post above mine complains about strikes targeting maximum disruption and being " strong arm" tactics. Well fucking duh.