*****The Official Rangers v Nonce FC Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol:

I listen to the vast majority of genres so I’ll be sound x

I actually enjoyed one of those wee rave videos earlier. Was some shite remix of simply the best with a video compilation of our players cutting their players down over the years 

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

Its mental that you actually believe that. It’s also weird to think that years down the line as a wee old guy you’ll have no music to listen to because you wasted your time thinking that shite was good 

Nursing homes in the 2070s just playing "Best of Bonkers" is going to be some laugh.

42 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Actually think this is the worse thing to do, anytime they’ve played anyone decent and lost its usually down to the team their playing having a bit of composure and playing through them and exploiting the massive gaps they leave rather than a long aimless ball which 9 times out of 10 just gives them the ball back. 

I do agree, my only fear is Goldson has been known to dwindle on the ball at times, he won't have that luxury, especially early on, and playing back to McLaughlin will only invite more pressure and probably end up in a hopeless long ball anyway. I hope he has the composure to find a forward ball into Lundstram or one of the CMs, but if there's nothing there I'd take a long ball out and let our forward players pressure their back four, rather than watch us fuck about at the back. 

We have the composure and ability to play through them, but it has to be forward play, not Goldson-Sands-Goldson-McLaughlin-Tav-McLaughlin... blah blah blah

3 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

I do agree, my only fear is Goldson has been known to dwindle on the ball at times, he won't have that luxury, especially early on, and playing back to McLaughlin will only invite more pressure and probably end up in a hopeless long ball anyway. I hope he has the composure to find a forward ball into Lundstram or one of the CMs, but if there's nothing there I'd take a long ball out and let our forward players pressure their back four, rather than watch us fuck about at the back. 

We have the composure and ability to play through them, but it has to be forward play, not Goldson-Sands-Goldson-McLaughlin-Tav-McLaughlin... blah blah blah

Hopefully they’ll not dwindle as they know what’s at stake and know they’ll not have as much time, but with the likes of Goldson, Sands, Tav, Lundstram, Lawrence and Tillman we’ve enough players who are comfy enough to take the ball and keep it and play through them. And that’s before you add Davis or Kamara who I think one of them will start, probably Kamara if he’s not away that is. 

25 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Hopefully they’ll not dwindle as they know what’s at stake and know they’ll not have as much time, but with the likes of Goldson, Sands, Tav, Lundstram, Lawrence and Tillman we’ve enough players who are comfy enough to take the ball and keep it and play through them. And that’s before you add Davis or Kamara who I think one of them will start, probably Kamara if he’s not away that is. 

Being reported now that Kamara hasn’t trained today. 

2 hours ago, tm91 said:

Gio seemed to have figured them out by the end of last season, and they're flat track bullies who struggle against sides of similar or superior quality.

It'll be a tight game but I'm pretty hopeful we'll win 1-0 or 2-1. Key is to approach it like the semi final last year. Be aggressive, composed on the ball, play through the press, don't sit in against them but counter-press, hassle and keep the ball well when we have it.

Had we been more clinical, we'd have won the last game away to them. Expecting Colak to deliver and convert the chances we usually squander.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Sick to death of reading how good they are. Beat them on Saturday, combined with a usual European collapse, a class-action suit ready to start and September will give them a dose of reality.

They haven't played anyone yet, once they come up against a good side, with plenty of big game experience, us, they'll get a bit of reality, don't sit back and let them attack, that's how they play in our league, press them, and attack them, we are better than them.

26 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

They haven't played anyone yet, once they come up against a good side, with plenty of big game experience, us, they'll get a bit of reality, don't sit back and let them attack, that's how they play in our league, press them, and attack them, we are better than them.

This.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Gerry Cinnamon is the only singer I change the radio station for :lol:

@.Williamson. likes him though and had the audacity to slag the good stuff

Daft cunt needs a good dinner , that's his issue 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Gerry Cinnamon is the only singer I change the radio station for :lol:

@.Williamson. likes him though and had the audacity to slag the good stuff

Liked his first album but he’s a one trick pony and hasn’t progressed at all. He will fade into obscurity now shortly