*****The Official Rangers v Nonce FC Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

37 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Its hard to say how this one will pan out. They are flying right now but the reality is they have not been tested this year. We are the only team domestically who can lay a glove on them. I have no doubt we can cause issues for their defence, which never looks clever but there is also no doubt they have players that can hurt us. They have looked great going forward this season. We have a lot of injuries but the only real miss is Lawrence as none of the rest have really featured all season anyway. Normally you'd worry about not having Morelos but Colak is bang in form so provided he gets service he can damage them. I think it will come down to the midfield and who wins that battle. We are going to have to be strong but also move the ball quickly. We will not do them with sluggish movement and sideways passing.  

No they're not. Struggled at home to a second string Hearts team and needed two late goals to see off Ross County in Dingwall.

They’ll play an ultra aggressive press. That means you need players who are good under pressure on the ball starting otherwise it will be attack after attack.

They had 2/3 possession in the first 20 minutes in the February game. 

So Kamara is a must start for me. If Lawrence is out I’d go Kamara, Davis and Lundstrum midfield 3. Try and press and get closer to 50% ball.   Arfield off the bench. 

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Makes total sense.

WWE is a global brand, he’s a Rangers supporting superstar. He’s got a couple of hundred K more Twitter followers than Rangers, and WWE have about 15 times more. More exposure, more social media folders, more money. 

It’s still an embarrassment of a video 

29 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

As a frequent visitor of the Wrestling thread. It should be deleted and never seen again

I had a look in it the other day as I was baffled why it's always quite popular. It was like they were talking a different language in there. Weirdos!!!!

They will come out at their usual 100mph with the rhabids going crazy in the stands - we have to be ready for that. We must keep it tight for particularly the first half hour, quieten the crowd and then press them.

Above all else when on the attack I am looking for my team to show them no respect. There’s no doubt in my mind we are the better team but we better not ‘shrink’ on the day. Show some arrogance.

We need to come out on the front foot. If we try sit in and keep it tight, it plays into their hands. Allows them to build momentum and get the crowd behind them.  If we start to dominate the ball and create chances they will panic.  They like to bully the SPFL dross but we've played better than them regularly in last year and have beaten them, we shld be confident to take it to them.

A mate who is a celtic fan reckons both clubs would be happy with a point, to which I corrected him saying we've beat Dortmund, PSV, Leipzig etc etc and why would i/we be happy with a point to a weaker team than all of them. I was just having a bit of banter with him but it's true when you think about it. They are certainly no great shakes and we've beaten much better.

And a win would go a long way given the GD, them having an advantage as of this point, so yeah 3 points please.

I really don’t understand what goes on in this country’s media - I mean I know why but it just boggles the mind.

Aye, we shat the bed that 3-0 game but since then we’ve been to a Europa League final beating some really good (better than Them) teams on the way and have just beaten PSV away yet the media and a lot of others have them as favourites against us?

I appreciate the OF games are that but different but does anybody think they’re better than any of the teams we’ve played in Europe? They got fucked in all 3 euro comps last year and are in the CL groups through auto qualification.

I just don’t understand why any Bear would think we’re going to get turned over.

I just hope I don’t regret those words.

Obviously hoping we pump them but I reckon I'd settle for a draw in the worst case. Really dont want to go 5 points behind them this early in the season as no other fcker in the league looks like taking points off them