Youth players and trust.

cstamomusa

Sort of Rangers related. This is an example of trusting your youth set up. 17 yr. old Noel Buck's 2nd first team start for the NE Revs. We need to trust some of youth players to do a job for us after we have invested years with them.

i watch a lot of b team games  we have several good young lads   eg for me king cannot be any worse than goldson or sands  however  we have to win every game  a draw is a disaster  which puts pressure on management to use experience.

i wonder how a lot of fans would react if we threw in a few young guys and they had a bad game would we make allowances for that

When has King let us down when he's started or came on? When has McCrorie let us down in his limited time? Same with lowry(I know he's currently injured) and mccann? We need to start trusting these players that they can do a job and give them the opportunity to grab the Jersey. 

Of course they are young and will be inconsistent but if ajax can consistently bring youth through and be patient with these lads then it can be fruitful for ourselves as well. The more you give youth a chance the more you will atrract better youth players. 

7 minutes ago, billscott said:

i watch a lot of b team games  we have several good young lads   eg for me king cannot be any worse than goldson or sands  however  we have to win every game  a draw is a disaster  which puts pressure on management to use experience.

i wonder how a lot of fans would react if we threw in a few young guys and they had a bad game would we make allowances for that

I think we both know the answer to that. 

14 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

King, McCann and Lowry (attitude dependent) need to be given decent game time. 

@McEwan's Lager talked about Cole McKinnon too and after seeing him score at the weekend I wouldn’t be against it, think a few down South are interested.

Newcastle apparently 

39 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

When has King let us down when he's started or came on? When has McCrorie let us down in his limited time? Same with lowry(I know he's currently injured) and mccann? We need to start trusting these players that they can do a job and give them the opportunity to grab the Jersey. 

Of course they are young and will be inconsistent but if ajax can consistently bring youth through and be patient with these lads then it can be fruitful for ourselves as well. The more you give youth a chance the more you will atrract better youth players. 

Lowry seems such a talented lad that should really get more chances with the 1st team (when he's recovered from his injury)

King hasn't had much game time so I'm not sure how good he is or isn't, but that would render the signings of Souttar and Davies pretty pointless, and again we don't know how good they will turn out to be for us if they ever get off the treatment table. 

If Roofe and Helander ever get fit they should both be moved on in January. Players that are constantly injured are of no use to us in a long hard league campaign. By time they get up to speed they end up injured again, and it's rinse and repeat with them. 

2 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Lowry seems such a talented lad that should really get more chances with the 1st team (when he's recovered from his injury)

King hasn't had much game time so I'm not sure how good he is or isn't, but that would render the signings of Souttar and Davies pretty pointless, and again we don't know how good they will turn out to be for us if they ever get off the treatment table. 

If Roofe and Helander ever get fit they should both be moved on in January. Players that are constantly injured are of no use to us in a long hard league campaign. By time they get up to speed they end up injured again, and it's rinse and repeat with them. 

Judging by the shape he was in when he returned for pre-season he should be nowhere near the first-team

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Judging by the shape he was in when he returned for pre-season he should be nowhere near the first-team

Hopefully he's learned his lesson then, or do we just write him off? 

Bassey and Patterson would have been out the door after the covid situation if it was to go by alot of fans reaction (I probably jumped the gun there aswell). Whereas it probably wasn't as cut n dried as it first appeared. 

6 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Hopefully he's learned his lesson then, or do we just write him off? 

Bassey and Patterson would have been out the door after the covid situation if it was to go by alot of fans reaction (I probably jumped the gun there aswell). Whereas it probably wasn't as cut n dried as it first appeared. 

No, don't write him off, but he's got to prove himself all over again - hence why he's been with the B team so far this season.

54 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

King, McCann and Lowry (attitude dependent) need to be given decent game time. 

@McEwan's Lager talked about Cole McKinnon too and after seeing him score at the weekend I wouldn’t be against it, think a few down South are interested.

He's a good player. My position on him hasn't changed, he'll have a good career and he's ready to play in the SPFL Premiership now. Whether or not he's good enough for us I don't know but he deserves a shot. Think he'll be a similar player to Lewis Ferguson.

Would like to see Lowry given as much game time as possible when he fully recovers from injury.  Such is the paucity of the rest of our squad, he is the one player I’d go out in a cold winters evening to watch.  Offers something different, seems to have a lots of confidence and a bit gallus with it.

He’s obviously still young and needs to be carefully managed to keep him on track and avoid the pitfalls that have befallen many other young hopefuls.  Support needs to cut him some slack to, he’s young and will make mistakes and go off the rails occasionally.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

King and particularly Lowry are the real stand outs.

McCann a bit below them.

Mckinnon and Devine just a bit below again.

I would agree in terms of ability. What I like about McCann and McKinnon is their determination and application on the pitch no matter who they are playing against and I think that is what we need if not starting but in the squad to shake things up at the moment.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Watched Arbroath v Partick at the weekend and McKinnon was really good. Weston on the other hand was pretty poor, surprised how he has regressed.

Weston hasn't regressed. He's simply playing 2 divisions above what he is used to. That's not a regression, he's still finding his level.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Watched Arbroath v Partick at the weekend and McKinnon was really good. Weston on the other hand was pretty poor, surprised how he has regressed.

Weston is one of those players that needs plenty of chances. I don’t rate him as highly as a lot of people, he probably puts away 10 % of his efforts.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Weston hasn't regressed. He's simply playing 2 divisions above what he is used to. That's not a regression, he's still finding his level.

He didn't look great when he came on, though his movement was good. Thought he would've sprouted a few more inches over the summer.

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He didn't look great when he came on, though his movement was good. Thought he would've sprouted a few more inches over the summer.

Yeah, he's certainly disadvantaged in the physical stakes.

know that is a bit of a Scottish cliche. But if you are small in his normal position you need to either be lightning quick or be outrageously skilful to make it work the higher you go up if you are going to play there yourself rather than supporting someone. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah, he's certainly disadvantaged in the physical stakes.

know that is a bit of a Scottish cliche. But if you are small in his normal position you need to either be lightning quick or be outrageously skilful to make it work the higher you go up if you are going to play there yourself rather than supporting someone. 

The one thing he does have going for him is his movement. Just think hes got a longer way to go than McKinnon.

28 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I would agree in terms of ability. What I like about McCann and McKinnon is their determination and application on the pitch no matter who they are playing against and I think that is what we need if not starting but in the squad to shake things up at the moment.

i would have no issue with either being in first team squad.

I said it after QOTS game, McCann should be getting game time when we’re playing Ross County/St Johnstone at Ibrox instead of Davis/Jack or Arfield.