It may take a bit of time

Thermopylae

After 70 years singing God Save The Queen I think there may be one or two little slips along the way on Wednesday :pipe:

The start might not be so difficult with "God Save Our Gracious King" but by the time we reach "Send Him Victorious" it will seem all too familiar and due care and attention will have to be taken :rangers:

46 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Is there something else we can sing if you don’t believe in god?

Are you really that precious? The line is symbolic

I’m not religious but that doesn’t mean I celebrate the Winter Holiday on the 25th December every year

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

After 70 years singing God Save The Queen I think there may be one or two little slips along the way on Wednesday :pipe:

The start might not be so difficult with "God Save Our Gracious King" but by the time we reach "Send Him Victorious" it will seem all too familiar and due care and attention will have to be taken :rangers:

Daft wee boy questions…

Does the song change? 
Do we hang up a picture of King Charles in the dressing room now?

17 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Trying to lighten things up just a little 

... and yes we do

Would expect and would want the Queen to always remain where she is due to the history in that photo alone.

King Charles can go beside her majesty.

42 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Would expect and would want the Queen to always remain where she is due to the history in that photo alone.

King Charles can go beside her majesty.

Perhaps put one of Charles up on the opposite wall although I have always assumed that the queen is there because she's the head of state so perhaps she should move? It's quite tricky because as far as I'm aware there isn't one of KGVI and yet we have the excellent portrait of Mr Struth in the trophy room and he dates from the same era

40 minutes ago, left winger said:

As it was based on Zadok the Priest which was played at the Queen’s Coronation, some might take issue with that.

Was about to post that - but also recall the guy who was commissioned to compose it claimed it was totally different or something 

3 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

No change or problem for me.💙🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

27C03D5A-97CF-4106-9678-C7CDC3EEC256.thumb.jpeg.3d7c0026faa71cd09fd8aeb5b9c66db7.jpeg

I bet u I bet u I bet u that at least 1 bear singing beside you will get some of the words mixed up :pipe: 

... I'm still on Prince Charles half the time :lol:

On 12/09/2022 at 16:35, Essandoh said:

Are you really that precious? The line is symbolic

I’m not religious but that doesn’t mean I celebrate the Winter Holiday on the 25th December every year

This may be me spouting pish but I think we should encourage questions like this, not shoot them down. Protestantism taught us that the right thig to do was question things and not blindly follow the vatican's decrees.

I'm not religious either, and while I don't mind the song or singing it, it's not one I would choose if we were starting from scratch!