*****The Official Rangers v Dundee Utd Match Thread*****

Craiggybear

1 minute ago, geronimoo said:

TBH mate I have made up every excuse in the book for him, from settling in to he needs his players to get going - but even my blind ignorance has run out. We have £10 million in Davies and Yilmaz on the bench, so if he ain't giving them a game then clearly he isn't in charge or has any say in what players are coming in, so he is going to just let them sit and rot away, Borna has been pretty piss poor so I don't see how he didn't deserve a chance, our CB are honking so I can't see why Davies hasn't had a run out.

Even worse, it looks to me like the players are not trying for him as there is no clear game plan most games now. The guy looks clueless to me standing on those sidelines wit that blank look on his face. Time to go Gio.Goodness knows who we try next but?

Even the confidence was sapped out of young McCann playing with some of that utter shite today. 

Lundstram back to towing multiple caravans behind him. Kent absolutely shocking. Goldson kicking fresh air regularly. Arfield and Jack boring to watch. 

1 minute ago, TheBluebells said:

Then listening to Gio and he’s just saying he’s happy we won, absolutely grim just now, that was a disgrace today and I feel grateful we actually got the points. 

I'm now at the stage where I think he needs to go.  That transfer window is bewildering.

9 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Not much chance of our captain geeing up the players either he's been rotten so far this season.

Beside his performance, what really annoyed me was how fucking pathetic him and a few other so called senior players were when their whole team were crowding around King and Clancy trying to get King sent off. Colak and Borna were the only ones to try and back up.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Even the confidence was sapped out of young McCann playing with some of that utter shite today. 

Lundstram back to towing multiple caravans behind him. Kent absolutely shocking. Goldson kicking fresh air regularly. Arfield and Jack boring to watch. 

Was good to see McCann get a run but you could see second half his confidence was shot. It’s hard to put into words how bad this side are 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Was good to see McCann get a run but you could see second half his confidence was shot. It’s hard to put into words how bad this side are 

How big a win is that for the club?

It's a big win, especially after the difficult weeks we have had. It was good to get back to winning ways. I think the result today was the most important thing today and it was positive.

How satisfied were you with the performance?

It should have been more comfortable than it was today. We created a lot of chances in the first half and scored an early goal. The 2-0 in the second half.. we have to learn to kill games earlier and in the end not make it close to a draw. That is something we have to do better and we had a couple of games last year where we didn't kill the games too early and ended up costing us points. Today, fortunately for us, it didn't cost us the points.

What does it mean to get this win now you have the international break?

It's good to go in with a win. We have two weeks to prepare for Hearts away. We can give players a rest to recharge as well. We have players going to their countries but two weeks off then we go into a very demanding and tough run of games until the World Cup.

What did you make of Leon King and Charlie McCann today?

I'm pleased with Charlie and Leon, both players who came through the academy and to give them minutes. They both deserved it with the way they develop and train. I'm really happy for them they contributed for the win.

How confident are you that you have the players to deliver the league?

Well, it's early. It's six or seven games we have played now. There are still more than 30 games to go in the season. Anything can happen. We are here to give everything to become champions so we have to take it game by game. I'm confident we can compete in the championship. We will have to work hard to be champions in the end. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Beside his performance, what really annoyed me was how fucking pathetic him and a few other so called senior players were when their whole team were crowding around King and Clancy trying to get King sent off. Colak and Borna were the only ones to try and back up.

Gutless arseholes 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

How big a win is that for the club?

It's a big win, especially after the difficult weeks we have had. It was good to get back to winning ways. I think the result today was the most important thing today and it was positive.

How satisfied were you with the performance?

It should have been more comfortable than it was today. We created a lot of chances in the first half and scored an early goal. The 2-0 in the second half.. we have to learn to kill games earlier and in the end not make it close to a draw. That is something we have to do better and we had a couple of games last year where we didn't kill the games too early and ended up costing us points. Today, fortunately for us, it didn't cost us the points.

What does it mean to get this win now you have the international break?

It's good to go in with a win. We have two weeks to prepare for Hearts away. We can give players a rest to recharge as well. We have players going to their countries but two weeks off then we go into a very demanding and tough run of games until the World Cup.

What did you make of Leon King and Charlie McCann today?

I'm pleased with Charlie and Leon, both players who came through the academy and to give them minutes. They both deserved it with the way they develop and train. I'm really happy for them they contributed for the win.

How confident are you that you have the players to deliver the league?

Well, it's early. It's six or seven games we have played now. There are still more than 30 games to go in the season. Anything can happen. We are here to give everything to become champions so we have to take it game by game. I'm confident we can compete in the championship. We will have to work hard to be champions in the end. 

Anything can fucking happen ! We can’t compete in the CL ? 
What next from GVB ? 
Fucking clueless. Show him the door 

9 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

Even worse, it looks to me like the players are not trying for him as there is no clear game plan most games now. The guy looks clueless to me standing on those sidelines wit that blank look on his face. Time to go Gio.Goodness knows who we try next but?

See I thought about the players not trying, but then again I also think his tactics are handicapping the players from the starting whistle, his tactics are either not suiting the players or are just not that good.

2 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

Managed to get the 3 points against a poor Dundee Utd team, both King and McCann performed well that's about the only positives you can take from today. Gio needs to get something done with this team to improve performances or he'll be under serious pressure very soon.

Thought king was chronic at there goal, McCann not ready imo.

57 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Not seen anything on here today because I was at the game but the scumbag bastards in that away end should be absolutely fucking hounded for that disgraceful chant during the minutes silence, I was expecting some booing and shouts but that was fucking disgusting, utter scum of the earth. 

Just hope they got a reception later.