Davies, Yilmaz and Matondo.

King Jela

20 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Shock. 

Bench of what 14 players? Still doesn't make it? 

Will go down as one of the worst transfers in Wilson's hopefully short history.

Had a look on a Schalke fans' forum when we signed him and they were choking to get rid.

On 17/09/2022 at 20:46, King Jela said:

£10.5 million spent on those three and Gio refuses to give them any minutes at all. What was the point in even spending money if he doesn't rate the signings he's bringing in? 

Add in the absolute mind fuckery with his handling of Morelos and you seriously have to question his competence as a manager. 

We've got Liverpool away 3 days after Hearts away and he's refusing to give us the best possible chance in these games by neglecting minutes on the park for our £4 million centre half and our best striker. 

Whether it's his ego or stubbornness that's the issue it's pretty clear we're on a path to implosion under him. The warning signs are impossible to ignore now. Time to go. 

All the wee bloggers/podcasts all seem to hint at some family issue for Davies.

But the others?

Souttar Broken foot?

Ridvan ………. Homesick?

Matondo Broken Clock?

Don’t know tbh.

Read Katic come back at 80%, short season, UCL qualifiers

You think he would’ve wanted them flying to start the season, our finest performances for years were over practically consecutive 120 minutes last season.

We look nowhere near that now fitness wise.

They must know GPS this, track that etc.

On 20/09/2022 at 09:59, TheKingObv said:

Some fairly ITK people have come out and completely quashed that rumour and say its just injury related. 

Wales will again be without several important players for their Nations League trip to Belgium on Thursday.

Midfielders Aaron Ramsey, Joe Allen and Harry Wilson are all injured, as is defender Ben Davies.

11 minutes ago, cstamomusa said:

Wales will again be without several important players for their Nations League trip to Belgium on Thursday.

Midfielders Aaron Ramsey, Joe Allen and Harry Wilson are all injured, as is defender Ben Davies.

Different people

8 hours ago, billythebear1986 said:

I get your point about the risk free punt on bassey. An yeah for us 4-5 million is alot of money. That been said these boys have at club a short time, for a team that demands winning 90% of time…

An lets be fair anyone we take a punt on is a risk, we have to look for potential or get players from the championship for inflated english market prices. 

I don't buy into the "need time to settle" scenario.   Take Matondo for instance.  A Welsh player who has left the UK for Germany then back to England then off to Belgium and now here with us in Glasgow.  None of his travels have been to a place where settling in is difficult.  Here there is no language, culture, food or currency problem. Get to know the players in training then play football for us.  It isn't difficult if you're any good.  Davies not even left the UK.    Yilmaz looked decent in his few minutes on the park.  Didn't look like he needed to settle in.

11 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I don't buy into the "need time to settle" scenario.   Take Matondo for instance.  A Welsh player who has left the UK for Germany then back to England then off to Belgium and now here with us in Glasgow.  None of his travels have been to a place where settling in is difficult.  Here there is no language, culture, food or currency problem. Get to know the players in training then play football for us.  It isn't difficult if you're any good.  Davies not even left the UK.    Yilmaz looked decent in his few minutes on the park.  Didn't look like he needed to settle in.

Never really got this either.  Often used as an excuse for players that aren’t playing well initially. Or just look shite.

The ones that do start to get their mojo is probably about coaching rather than “settling in”. 
I stand by the fact that you can tell whose a player in their first couple of games, touch, vision, control. plain to see

12 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Spot on. Don't see Colak taking 'time to settle in' ffs.  Bottom line is Matondo and Davies aren't showing up well enough and this is what Gio sees every day.  Yilmaz is being kept out due to Barasic  form and experience, and keeping some level of continuity within a defence which hasn't got an experienced cb alongside Goldson. 

5 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

Spot on. Don't see Colak taking 'time to settle in' ffs.  Bottom line is Matondo and Davies aren't showing up well enough and this is what Gio sees every day.  Yilmaz is being kept out due to Barasic  form and experience, and keeping some level of continuity within a defence which hasn't got an experienced cb alongside Goldson. 

Are you kidding about colak, usg away he was absolutely abysmal, movement was honking, link up play brutal, and lets be honest if he wasnt burying chances everyone would be absolutely slating him because he offers nothing else to the team

Learning how a new manager wants to play is a lot more easier for a penalty box striker than it is someone like a midfielder, 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Are you kidding about colak, usg away he was absolutely abysmal, movement was honking, link up play brutal, and lets be honest if he wasnt burying chances everyone would be absolutely slating him because he offers nothing else to the team

Learning how a new manager wants to play is a lot more easier for a penalty box striker than it is someone like a midfielder, 

Sorry mate but I disagree.   Colak needs chances created to let him score.  He's that style of attacker.  As for the away game in Belgium, every outfield player was abysmal.

On 23/09/2022 at 01:27, JCDBigBear said:

John Lundstram took his time as did Borna. 

14 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

Yilmaz shouldn’t have been kept out of the side for that home game against Dundee United, regardless of Barisic recently finding form. They’re bottom of the league and it was the perfect opportunity for Gio to create competition for that position. 

As it stands we seem to be waiting until Barisic loses form so we can chuck Yilmaz into the deep end, which is utterly ridiculous 

8 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Extremely harsh, you’ve chosen a game where the entire team were shite.

He’s been a good signing so far and tbf to him if we had decent creative players around him he would probably be scoring more than he already has. His goal return so far for a player that receives very little in the way of service has been fantastic 

11 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If a player wasn’t doing his job, folk would slate him?

No kidding!

You do sound a wee bit disappointed that’s he’s scoring goals for us.

4 minutes ago, left winger said:

If a player wasn’t doing his job, folk would slate him?

No kidding!

You do sound a wee bit disappointed that’s he’s scoring goals for us.

No my issue is that its all he has, like a slimmer boyd

How did he get on away to the tarriers? Away to hibs? 

Would you pick him to lead the line at tynecastle after the break? 

Unless we go to a front pairing, which i want, he'll be mostly ineffective in games where our chances are restricted, space in thr box is restricted, and we dont have the ball as much

17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Unless we go to a front pairing, which i want, he'll be mostly ineffective in games where our chances are restricted, space in thr box is restricted, and we dont have the ball as much

He is a straightforward centre forward. He is doing that job. If you have an issue, it must be with Gio and Wilson. Not with him.

Yes, I would play him up front against Hearts. He is, currently on form, our best centre forward.

If you want to argue certain games, then I can too. If you’re criticising Čolak for big games - I’m guessing you want Morelos to play - tell me all about his scoring record against the tarriers?

I’d give two up front a shot, as well.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Won us a pen away at Hibs to give us the lead I’m sure…

Guy is a lethal finisher. It’s on us to create chances for him. 

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Won us a pen away at Hibs to give us the lead I’m sure…

Guy is a lethal finisher. It’s on us to create chances for him. 

See cored home and away in both games against PSV.

His all round play is nowhere near as bad as people make out, and even if it wasn’t great, we’ve been crying out for a striker who can bury a half chance for years.