MyGers points updates out

DiamondDan

5 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Bishgrove?

I hope that's a genuine typo and not an attempt to slag him.

Him n specky weasel robertson.

We are not tourists. 

It has destroyed the old travel club, the system is flawed. I dont know how old you are or if you even travel in europe following Rangers. Its my biggest gripe.

Its daylight robbery that is being abused at all angles, fleecing some edjits to buy women n b team season tickets for £200 just to get my gers points.

Its scandalous, the next generation, ie ubs element age dont know any different, now some of them so will part with all their cash otherwise to keep into the top gold points.

7 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

We are not tourists. 

It has destroyed the old travel club, the system is flawed. I dont know how old you are or if you even travel in europe following Rangers. Its my biggest gripe.

Its daylight robbery that is being abused at all angles, fleecing some edjits to buy women n b team season tickets for £200 just to get my gers points.

Its scandalous, the next generation, ie ubs element age dont know any different, now some of them so will part with all their cash otherwise to keep into the top gold points.

How has it destroyed the old travel club? And what was there to actually destroy?

You got points for going before, and you get points for going now. Folk with most points get tickets 🤷

£40 a season for the right to apply for a ticket with the only guarantee being a scarf or a shitey badge and notebook is a piss take, tbf.

Biggest issue is reduced allocations, and they’d be reduced with, or without, MyGers.

It’s like any system, if it suits you it’s great, if it doesn’t it’s a disgrace. Sometimes I’ve done ok, sometimes I’ve not. The sense of entitlement from some is off the charts.

7 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

We are not tourists. 

The travel club was 20 per year for Europe only, MyGers is 40 per year and covers domestic games as well.

All members schemes are flawed in some way as they can’t suit everyone, MyGers has its faults but we need something in place to allow people access to away tickets rather than the same old faces getting everything and passing on to their mates.

The biggest problem is ticket allocation v demand is unbalanced.

1 minute ago, ayro said:

The travel club was 20 per year for Europe only, MyGers is 40 per year and covers domestic games as well.

All members schemes are flawed in some way as they can’t suit everyone, MyGers has its faults but we need something in place to allow people access to away tickets rather than the same old faces getting everything and passing on to their mates.

The biggest problem is ticket allocation v demand is unbalanced.

This is still happening and In decent numbers 

39 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

What it’s done to the travel club is stop the guys who were maybe based abroad or in England and don’t have season tickets getting a real chance.

it was 20 or 25 quid to join and you got points allocated on matches attended. This was separate from cccs.

If guys for whatever reason don’t have STs then their 8 points and any single match tickets would really only leave them in very low bronze. 

what this is then doing is making it that high gold mygers can basically go, nope not going to USG, PSV, Ajax, oooft we’ve got Liverpool I’m applying for that. 

when it was the TC it was filtered through all the TC levels before then allowing ST holders the chance to purchase tickets. (Iirc you then had to pay 25 quid to join)

for some the TC was a great way to keep following Rangers, bringing it in with Mygers has killed a lot of these guys for getting tickets. 

my gers for domestic and all non ST home games was fair if you want it that way but TC was different and probably should’ve been kept that way, what this has done as I’ve said above is allowed high mygers points holders to basically decide they fancy an away day so will go to whatever game they want in Europe.

id a kept it separate, tbh I’d a kept the cccs over this, as womens season tickets and b teams season tickets (most of their games seem to clash with the first teams) allowing people to build points is absolutely stinking 

Yes, for some the travel club did work. I acknowledge that. And that’s how we often assess these systems. These guys who perhaps didn’t have season tickets, lived further away from Ibrox were able to get to away matches - that was good for them. However, to stick with these guys why should they have the same chance of getting tickets than someone who goes far more often, and contributes more to the club, via a season ticket, perhaps?

£20 to the club and you get the same chance as someone who pays hundreds to the club? Aside from the TC cost, not one penny went to the club. I can see why that was changed.

But let’s be honest if you were able to go abroad with the TC club, even if you lived further away, you were still clearly able to go to Ibrox. It’s not as if that was the only way for them to get to see Rangers.

B team stuff, with the fixture clashes, is clearly pish though, I agree with you there.

Edit: the travel club also allowed folk to pay a tenner or £20 and get a guaranteed UEFA Cup Final Ticket. Join it, have no intention of going to matches, unless it’s a big one. 

I’m gold still but I think it speaks volumes about the scheme that the club are now firing out email’s with precise percentages of how you accrue points relating to the first team. They know it’s become a joke. 

The point still stands for those in silver and bronze, they’ve no chance of moving up unless they buy things they don’t want or will use like a B-team season ticket. 

Kudos to them closing the Liverpool away ticket cut off the day before they started changing people’s points as well…