Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

Dyche.

His teams are well drilled and hard to beat which is the opposite of us. Also think he would be able to change his style to suit us being on the front foot. What you notice about his time at Burnley he got the most of out the players and managed to get them to buy in to what he was trying to do. He's a far more intelligent manager than many give him credit for.

Board have shown complete mismanagement in most of their time here, collectively and individually. There is nothing to suggest they either pull the plug on GVB or get the next appointment correct. More likely to be another fuck up, grim viewing ahead troops and, frustratingly, most of us saw this coming. 

1 minute ago, bluedart1952 said:

We would need some decent defenders to work with him, our defence couldn't clear a footpath from snow.

Tbh, once it's fit, I don't think defence is anything like our biggest issue. 

If it's ever fit obv.

39 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I can’t see us getting close to the salary he wants 

Wouildn't imagine be too much, considering he was at Burnley and not been in a job since leaving.  We are also a big club and think he'd see it as an opportunity to prove himself at the top end of a league (I know he got them promoted from the championship but was a number of years ago).

The manager needs to fit with what our current players can achieve and what our recruitment/transfer fees can bring in.

Theres no point in bringing in a manager that tries to play fast attacking football and not giving him the money to sign suitable players as well as giving new contracts to guys like Arfield and Jack.

I fully expect us to go for someone that doesn’t fit and set us back further with wasted time and money.

36 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Maybe not as highly thought of as I suggested. Villa and wolves are clubs with money and a bit too ambitious possibly but a Brighton and a Fulham would probably be the right fit. I don't hate the Dyche suggestion. Definitely a man manager and wouldn't stand for half the shite from the likes of Kent.

Wasn’t having a pop at you mate just seems he’s being bypassed just now maybe because he’s been stereotyped by his time at Burnley. Think brighton looking to play a diff style than dyche , Fulham I agree with you on . The worrying thing is it’s not just kent , take your pick with the rest of them .