Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

8 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Hed bring fight, desire and orgainisation. Only bad thing is a "Sean" as manager of Rangers.

Warburton friendly since 2015 when he came to Ibrox twice for warm up games.

The Sean thing is unfortunate, but I could live with that if he is ssuccessful 🤣🤣

I've had it with foreign coaches from the "City Group" or such like.

All fucking overrated with their ipad pish. 

That's nae use on a cold winters night in Inverness, when you need to motivate lazy arsed players after a long bus journey from Glasgow.

I think Big Sean can do that.

A traditional British Football manager is what we need.

8 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

What other huge clubs in world football prioritize fight, desire and organization when looking for a new manager?

Not saying you don't need those things but there can't be many clubs wanting to win their leagues who rate these qualities highest of all the way that about half our support do.

Think it's just the lack of fight and desire is the reason we're screaming out for it just now . 

The lack of which , imo , is the biggest reason of losing / dropping points on the domestic scene .

11 hours ago, leam_baw said:

Dyche team plays turgid direct football, fans wouldn’t accept it longer term 

His style of football did its job for several seasons i.e. keeping Burnley in the EPL. We had a style of football in 2008 that was god awful, but it did it’s job - don’t remember many complaints. Dyche may, or may not, be the man for the job but keeping Burnley in that league for so long is a positive, not a negative.

11 hours ago, leam_baw said:

Dyche team plays turgid direct football, fans wouldn’t accept it longer term 

Incredibly simplistic view. 

His teams have played like that in the EPL as their budget has been dwarfed by every other team in the league. If they tried to play open attractive football they'd have been skudded like we have been in Europe this year.

2 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I've had it with foreign coaches from the "City Group" or such like.

All fucking overrated with their ipad pish. 

That's nae use on a cold winters night in Inverness, when you need to motivate lazy arsed players after a long bus journey from Glasgow.

I think Big Sean can do that.

A traditional British Football manager is what we need.

I can't help but cringe at shite like this. As if their fucking nationality matters as long as they're a good manager.

Looking across the city at the scum though, Big Ange is definitely doing a shitey job - you know, considering he was a City Group manager with his iPad pish. We definitely don't need none of that un-pwoper foreign garbage like restructuring the sports science and recruitment departments of our club.

Nah, what we instead need is someone with a gravelly voice that shouts at players and has achieved fuck all in their managerial careers, because their accent and passport are more important than if they're any good.

It does my head in how embarrassingly uninformed the opinions of so much of our support is.

12 hours ago, Albertz85 said:

The reality is GVB and his team will cost a fortune to sack. If the board do it they aint gonna then shell out premier league manager style salaries on some of the names mentioned. 

It's definitely a big factor in why he's not away already.

16 minutes ago, YankeeGer said:

I can't help but cringe at shite like this. As if their fucking nationality matters as long as they're a good manager.

Looking across the city at the scum though, Big Ange is definitely doing a shitey job - you know, considering he was a City Group manager with his iPad pish. We definitely don't need none of that un-pwoper foreign garbage like restructuring the sports science and recruitment departments of our club.

Nah, what we instead need is someone with a gravelly voice that shouts at players and has achieved fuck all in their managerial careers, because their accent and passport are more important than if they're any good.

It does my head in how embarrassingly uninformed the opinions of so much of our support is.

Yeah, that's true, as things are working great atm. We're in a shite state, in case you don't realise.

20 minutes ago, YankeeGer said:

:britney:

59 minutes ago, YankeeGer said:

will-smith-will-smith-slap.gif

1 minute ago, glasgow argyle said:

Just noticed elsewhere,  Jermaine Defoe as another possibility,  personally I think Gio will hang on until New year,  unless we lose more ground this week ,not advocating Defoe, but better than many suggestions on here 

Defoe was running round the training ground being shot by nerf guns in his time as “caretaker”

20 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Just noticed elsewhere,  Jermaine Defoe as another possibility,  personally I think Gio will hang on until New year,  unless we lose more ground this week ,not advocating Defoe, but better than many suggestions on here 

It’s just as bad as every other suggestion on here

44 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

The only suggestion it's better than is Gerrard 

43 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Defoe was running round the training ground being shot by nerf guns in his time as “caretaker”

Defoe was never 'caretaker'