Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Knutsen might have done well over a couple of seasons with glimt but I can’t think of any manager of any other club our support have had a hardon for when his last season is, let’s face it and absolute fucking disaster. Even some of the results that season in Europe were a disgrace.

but Rangers fans desperate for a manager who’s biggest job is at glimt and until glimt had done nothing in his life in a 20 year career, his team plays at the artic circle and have a plastic pitch which makes livis look like the emirates, has just finished a country mile behind in the Norwegian league and yet here we are he’s this time rounds version of preuedhomme or whatever the fuck he was called 

I don't understand this thinking, basically we need to get a manager who is continually winning and hasn't had a poor season? Who the hell would that be then.

I really don't want someone with an approach to football like Dyche, but if it's between him and Knutsen, Muscat, Nielson, Martin etc. then it really has to be him.

Just in terms of his personality if nothing else.

If it's not Dyche, will be astounded if it's someone who excites the support.

8 minutes ago, Mor3los_1 said:

I don't understand this thinking, basically we need to get a manager who is continually winning and hasn't had a poor season? Who the hell would that be then.

No we need a manager who like gerrard can conmand respect.

knutsen has done well with glimt to deny that would be daft but he manages a team from a place at the arctic circle who play well at home on a plastic pitch that’s atrocious. 

Until glimt he had a very uninspiring CV, Pedro was probably more qualified and he was a disaster

every manager will be a risk but this screams high risk to me 

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

No we need a manager who like gerrard can conmand respect.

knutsen has done well with glimt to deny that would be daft but he manages a team from a place at the arctic circle who play well at home on a plastic pitch that’s atrocious. 

Until glimt he had a very uninspiring CV, Pedro was probably more qualified and he was a disaster

every manager will be a risk but this screams high risk to me 

As much as i would quite like a Knutsen or Hassenhutl type manager it takes money to get the team required, as seen by the Tims spending £45 million in a year to get the necessary team. I think Beale would be a step back and Dyche would be incredibly boring and unlikely we would be able to get him.

We are in such a sorry state atm.

37 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Exactly, at what point in your life would you see a clamour for a manager who has his team almost 20 points behind in the Norwegian premier league and guided his side to a 1 0 loss at linfield, a 3 1 loss in which bodo were very lucky to sneak through ( @johanvanhentzecan confirm) vs KI in the faroes and an absolute hammering by Zagreb.

when would a Rangers support ever demand that this is the direction we are going down? 

KÍ were unlucky not to go through, actually.. 3 (or maybe 2?) penalties were the difference. They played very pretty football, but the Faroese champions took them all the way. Incidently.. KÍ Klaksvík (population 5000) are linked with Brian Laudrup as Manager.. crazy rumours going round up here. Mikkjal (KÍ Manager) went to the Norwegian 2nd div.

1 minute ago, Mor3los_1 said:

As much as i would quite like a Knutsen or Hassenhutl type manager it takes money to get the team required, as seen by the Tims spending £45 million in a year to get the necessary team. I think Beale would be a step back and Dyche would be incredibly boring and unlikely we would be able to get him.

45M? Who are you kidding. would you mind breaking that down for it is not even close?

2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Have we discussed Kevin Muscat yet?

He has just won the j league and has won trophies in Australia.

He would also know how to go toe to toe with postecoglu. 

I just think that the board would be thinking that it basically just looks like we are copying what they did.

It is an interesting shout though.

3 minutes ago, Mor3los_1 said:

They spent around £20m last season and won a double.

13 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Would like it to be Dyche but, with a handful of managerial changes on the horizon in the EPL, he’ll fancy himself to have a job in England by the end of the year. Probably Everton. 

Obviously the salaries on offer in the epl will be a big pull for any manager. I suppose it depends how serious Dyche is about trying to change how he is perceived as a manager. The new big Sam type keeping teams up or one pushing for trophies.

Dyche did take Burnley to 7th in the Premier League and managed in the toughest league in the world for a long time so he could understand the pressure a job like Rangers would come with.  I've seen he had a 5% clause in his contract for developing players which might be worth looking at if he commanded wages that were too high.  Muscat and Knutsen are more of a trip into the unknown and Dyche seems more of a safe bet as you know he'll settle and get the team working hard and organised.

Just now, johanvanhentze said:

Interesting.. What do his teams look like? 

I’m not 100% sure johan. Iirc when he was the Melbourne victory manager his tactics were to attack. im just reading this…. https://totalfootballanalysis.com/team-analysis/yokohama-f-marinos-2022-their-tactics-this-season-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics.

some screenshots….

08477283-8AA4-47C9-84E0-A24E55A781CB.png

CD7E2087-7A9C-4C8E-B686-8B3058850F79.png

C83EDAD8-534B-4840-967A-D37DEC006D6D.png

A91C94D1-D2D1-4355-8408-797BF27526AF.png

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I just think that the board would be thinking that it basically just looks like we are copying what they did.

It is an interesting shout though.

Opens us up to the Japanese and Asian markets too which would prob be in our budget tbh…

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

I’m not 100% sure johan. Iirc when he was the Melbourne victory manager his tactics were to attack. im just reading this…. https://totalfootballanalysis.com/team-analysis/yokohama-f-marinos-2022-their-tactics-this-season-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics.

some screenshots….

08477283-8AA4-47C9-84E0-A24E55A781CB.png

CD7E2087-7A9C-4C8E-B686-8B3058850F79.png

C83EDAD8-534B-4840-967A-D37DEC006D6D.png

A91C94D1-D2D1-4355-8408-797BF27526AF.png

Interesting!!