Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

Player power? I know they often still chucked it under Gerrard and his team, but I just got the feeling they were even less happy under Gio.

Even the way they called him “boss” as per his directions seemed to come across as awkward.

Beale would maybe appease the players, which again shows a lack of leadership from the top.

I like Beale, but this next appointment is crucial. It requires demonstrated success for me. Probs Dyche is safest bet, as much as it would cause bleeding from the eye at times.

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Where did I say that Frank? 

Here mate

18 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I think the Beale situation has got a number of factors. 

I genuinely believe he turned down Wolves because he knew the Rangers job was on the horizon. 

From what I’ve heard the mutual feeling between him and club is a significant factor. 

He may also at this point realise that two more defeats at QPR and he’s facing the sack there and where would that leave him? 

I personally think it’s a really good appointment that I’m excited by, players really like him and will buy into his messages unlike what we’re seeing on the pitch at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It’s the type of moronic thing that you read on here, Twitter and FF at least once a week and some genius has thought that would appease the fans if we stipulate he has to do this.

I actually think he would go for Thomson anyway they seem to be pretty close but trying to force it on him is ridiculous

3 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Not really Frank looks like you’ve made a cunt of it again been saying since early October I think it would be Beale. All the best son 

DECED4FB-6F5D-44B0-85CD-663EF0EE1FB0.jpeg

DCA964CD-1010-49DE-8C5F-E085E8F839AF.jpeg

See to be honest mate, I don't think using someone's real name at them on here is right in these circumstances. If you were saying, "Aye, what a laugh that was F" or something like that then fine.

You're using it in a kind of, "Fuck you pal, I know your name."

Not a good look.

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

See to be honest mate, I don't think using someone's real name at them on here is right in these circumstances. If you were saying, "Aye, what a laugh that was F" or something like that then fine.

You're using it in a kind of, "Fuck you pal, I know your name."

Not a good look.

My name's not even Frank :lol:  if it was I wouldnt be bothered tho mate

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think Beale will become a decent manager, but it’s too soon for him to get our job. We need a manager right now, rather than not a strong head coach.

The main worry I have with Beale is that he’s loyal to a lot of the players we have and this squad is crying out for a harsh clear out of six or seven of them.

It would be all fine and well getting Beale in to pick them up and get them playing again in the short term because he’s their pal and there are already established relationships, but what happens come the end of the season when we have to cut ties with guys he will have spent four of the last five years working with? Does he have that ruthless streak in him? I’m really not convinced.

I don’t want to see Beale as manager. But where does the loyalty to the players bit come from. Seen a few mention it. 

Wouldn’t his ability to get on with players was be one of his strong points? They tend to speak highly of him.

Anyways I would have thought his recent results would be enough to rule him out. He’s gone from someone showing great potential to someone doing a slightly above average job there now. 

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

You cant lose someone for nothing on a rolling contract, but agree hopefully that's what we give him and not a 3/4 year deal

Not for nothing, but the amount of compensation we would receive would be much lower. Worth it on this occasion. 

I don't think Beale is a bad choice and I like the fact he will have at least one Scottish assistant. Probably Thomson and/or McCann. I've been saying for weeks the club has lost its identity. A few ex-Rangers men won't hurt.

I just hope we have learned a lesson in giving out long-term contracts. Two years max.